• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Year War is an orgasmic game. The Lala stage and Jabro stage will bring you to tears if you have grown up on the franchise.
I did sort of grow up with the series, though Gundam Wing was my first. I would have seen all of the original series if Cartoon Network hadn't dropped it because of September 11th. :\

Susano - Ok, what the hell is up with this guy. What does his shot button "turn glowing purple for 1 attack" thing do? What does his I'm going to stab myself but fail 8/10 times because I am awful move do besides lowering your HP? His charge boomerang seems like a joke. And he has almost no moves and his trans-am is 1 use. WTF. He basically has a giant fireball which barely stuns at all before the enemy recovers and lots of melee. Am I missing something? Seems pretty bad.

It's A Tier for a reason. Far from bad and is actually a very good unit in the overall scheme of things as its speed and side melee help get in. Ball of doom is great as well when both players are applying pressure to a single unit. I'm sure Shouta would have a better explanation, lol.

Here's a great set of matches with Susanoo online: http://www.twitch.tv/nufa/b/301334499

Quanta - WEIRD ASS UNIT. I'm really confused about his transform mode (was that even in the movie?).

Yup, that mode was what it used to go into Quantum Burst when linking with the ELS. Haven't seen anybody really use it when playing as QANT.

Shouta

Exia - Is that head stomp actuable usable in battle? Can you follow it up with anything or is it just to dodge and interrupt an attack? The distance is pretty strict for landing it.

You can use it in a combo, as I recall, and as a way of landing faster. If you do it before you run out of boost in mid-air, it'll bring you down faster than you would from normally falling.

Dynamos - Seems not as good as Cherubim. Only advantages I see are having actual beam saber melee and with his cloak on the knee shot seems INCREDIBLY strong. Even stronger than anything Cherubim can dish out.

Low cost, melee, most of Cherudim's attacks, and a frontal shield. It's primary weapon also is a recharge style and he has a Charge Shot as well. Cherudim's A recharges after you do both shots but it's an instant beam whereas Dynames still travels.

Cherudim's A shot does a lot of damage 2 of them may be equivalent to the crouch shot.

Susano - Ok, what the hell is up with this guy. What does his shot button "turn glowing purple for 1 attack" thing do? What does his I'm going to stab myself but fail 8/10 times because I am awful move do besides lowering your HP? His charge boomerang seems like a joke. And he has almost no moves and his trans-am is 1 use. WTF. He basically has a giant fireball which barely stuns at all before the enemy recovers and lots of melee. Am I missing something? Seems pretty bad.

A shot gives him a power boost for the next attack and changes some moves as I recall. For example, doing that then using his Chakram causes the chakram to hit a few times instead of just once. Suicide is useless as I recal.

Chakram and Tri-Punisher are used to get in for melee. The Chakram can be shot without stoping to and it's a fast charge, Ball of Doom stuns them long enough for you to melee if you're in close (it's also big). If you watch some match vids of Susanoo, you'll see.

OO Gundam - I like how going into burst mode automatically puts you in raiser mode without using your raiser mode counter. Seems good, though I dunno about 3000 cost good.

It's largely close range unit and OO raiser is a very good close range shooting unit. Raiser mode has a Charge Shot A that's a gerobi (the big beam attacks that are solid) that you can use while moving, most require you to stop to shoot it.

Cherubim - The bits that stick around you like Strike Freedom or chase the enemy, how should you use them properly in a fight? He seems good, but need to figure out how to use the bits efficiently.

Make the enemies run away from them and waste boost then tag them with the Sniper Rifle. You can also set the Bits around you so you can use them against someone charging at you.

Quanta - WEIRD ASS UNIT. I'm really confused about his transform mode (was that even in the movie?). Once you're in, you can't get out??? Seems...bad. Mainly because you lose all melee and when all your main moves are recharging you have nothing but throwing bits out or using them as a shield. Seems like an oddball unit to use; very quirky but powerful.

Transformation gives Quanta more shooting options. Unlimited use of the Sword Bits, same BR, and the addition of the Harute and Zabanya summons. It also restores HP when you use it which is good for when you're low on life.

Raphael Gundam - Seems kind of slow and honestly, splitting apart doesn't seem to add that much. Can you do anything interesting off a split AI grab? Transam doesn't seem to add anything and he doesn't have an extreme burst attack (wtf, why do none of the console specific characters have extreme burst attacks; laaaaazy)

Raphael is really good, use the dash to position it and you can fire its BR to try and nab folks from multiple angles. You can also force it close to someone and use its Gerobi beam for big damage. It takes a bit of getting used to though and you need to be able to boost dash/dodge very well most of the time. For reference, I have aout 30-35 wins out of my 150-160 with Raphael Gundam, I think.

If we play online against the AI, I can show you some stuff. When I have time anyway.

JKTrix

Re: Custom Soundtracks
I have a few tracks from the Gundam 30th Anniversary Symphony album on my list. Recommend you guys check the rest of 'em out too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsokrngCBg

There's a 20th anniversary one too, but those were more re-arranged BGMs and it's not quite as good. I only have the version of 0080's theme song (this is an excerpt of the 6-minute album version that goes into another song) from that album there. I have a version of 'Proof of the Strongest ~ King of Hearts' that was performed live at the composer's 20th anniversary concert which is pretty cool. Better than the version of the same song on Gundam's 20th anniversary, and I think I prefer the brass in this version to the guitar in the original. Couldn't find a YouTube version of it though.

For Turn A, which was already all orchestral, I'm between Second Advent and Final Shore. Haven't quite fleshed out the rest of my list yet, besides Gackt stuff and Beyond the Time.

lupinko

For people on the fence, make your decision fast because the only the first run batch have free Hi-Nu, and that's paid DLC afterward. =P

And no, it's not a swap, it's a completely new/different unit/character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's cheaper, and any DLC you get (including the Hi-Nu code that comes with the game) will need to be redeemed with an Asian account rather than a Japanese one.

Other than that, everything else seems to be identical.

Welp, does that mean I need to make a Hong Kong account then? And does that mean the DLC is purchased via HK store then? Poop.

lupinko

Does anyone use headsets online? It would be a lot better to like coordinate in matches. When I played GvG and GvGN in the arcade I would always do that with my teammate, be it a friend or random. But of course it's a lot easier when the guy is sitting right beside you. lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Welp, does that mean I need to make a Hong Kong account then? And does that mean the DLC is purchased via HK store then? Poop.

Yep. Which is easy to do, though. I made one just for the Hi-nu DLC code.

Bebpo

Banned
Why is the CPU SO HARD

When me and distantmantra played together against 2 cpu they always win even though we're not that bad! Even when I'm playing 1p w/cpu against 2cpu while waiting in online mode the matches are close but the cpu always seems to win :(

Oh well, good matches distantmantra! I think I'm getting decent with Dynamos and prefer him to Cherubim mainly just due to the cost difference which seems to throw the match often. I like playing as Exia but goddamn he feels fragile. And RX-78 is always fun to use :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why is the CPU SO HARD

When me and distantmantra played together against 2 cpu they always win even though we're not that bad! Even when I'm playing 1p w/cpu against 2cpu while waiting in online mode the matches are close but the cpu always seems to win :(

Oh well, good matches distantmantra! I think I'm getting decent with Dynamos and prefer him to Cherubim mainly just due to the cost difference which seems to throw the match often. I like playing as Exia but goddamn he feels fragile. And RX-78 is always fun to use :D

The CPU is insane unless they're set to easy. It's ridiculous. can you even turn the CPU to easy on Online Match?

Good games, man! I'd play longer but I have to get up early for work.

Exia is really fragle. The Exia Repair mode at the end is nice, though.

Crossbone X-1 is my favorite so far. I need to learn him a lot better than I currently do, but he feels "right." Nice mix of ranged and melee attacks.

Bebpo

Banned
I wish there was an option to play 1v1 online like you can do in free battle locally. That way when you want to just play with a buddy without any cpu interference you could :\

Bebpo

Banned
Also what's a good strategy when you're doing a melee combo on a guy and he interrupts it with an extreme burst and immediately does his counter melee combo on you. Can you run or dodge in time?

thetrin

I just wish I could set CPU difficulty to easy online so i could have the entirety of my screen.

Shouta

Why is the CPU SO HARD

AI isn't very hard, most of the time. I'd say once you get a bit better, you should be able to do it with ease or even 2v1 at times. I almost never lose to the AI unless I'm dicking around or tired.

I wish there was an option to play 1v1 online like you can do in free battle locally. That way when you want to just play with a buddy without any cpu interference you could :\

You can. Set your AI partner to Avoid (回避) and they'll just run. You can do 1v1 if both players do so. We do it in the arcade on shuffle machines when there's only two people and we have to fight each other.

Also what's a good strategy when you're doing a melee combo on a guy and he interrupts it with an extreme burst and immediately does his counter melee combo on you. Can you run or dodge in time?

Run away or Extreme Burst and out-Rainbow Step him. It's safer to instantly Step cancel or Boost Dash away than to try and fight him again.

Deathscythe seems way too powerful for 1500.

2500, teehee. He's strong but has certain problems. Hyperjammer and the shield are somewhat useless at times. The invisibility doesn't last very long like Next does and the shield's melee is useless making it only good for running away. On the other hand, DSH's combos are buff and the Altron assist is very very nice. Throwing Taurus' is fun too.

Sandrock is a horrible gundam anyway. It even sucks in SRW.

Your face sucks!

Bebpo

Banned
Delivering a finishing blow to a good online player using a 3000cost unit with ACGUY melee combo in burst mode is :D

I reaaaaaaaally like Quanta. Been messing around with him for the last hour. I hadn't noticed in practice mode that if you press away and bit/funnel it turns them into a giant sword which gives a better shot and GIANT SLASHING POWER. But really, the key is that transformation mode. Once I get into that, spamming super lockon movie laser, super hallelujah bombs, throwing bit swords at them from a distance, and then teleporting into super slash combo just recks enemies up. All the attacks are really high damage and they recharge pretty quick.

Still I'm afraid to use 3000 or 2500 cost units online because I'm new to the game and everyone else in the room has like 300 wins and that means I'm gonna be the first to die each time and I don't want to cost my team 3000/2500 and lose the match :( Where are the NEWBIE ROOMS online :| Every room I go into has people with 200-600 matches played already.

Shouta

Delivering a finishing blow to a good online player using a 3000cost unit with ACGUY melee combo in burst mode is :D

I reaaaaaaaally like Quanta. Been messing around with him for the last hour. I hadn't noticed in practice mode that if you press away and bit/funnel it turns them into a giant sword which gives a better shot and GIANT SLASHING POWER. But really, the key is that transformation mode. Once I get into that, spamming super lockon movie laser, super hallelujah bombs, throwing bit swords at them from a distance, and then teleporting into super slash combo just recks enemies up. All the attacks are really high damage and they recharge pretty quick.

Still I'm afraid to use 3000 or 2500 cost units online because I'm new to the game and everyone else in the room has like 300 wins and that means I'm gonna be the first to die each time and I don't want to cost my team 3000/2500 and lose the match :( Where are the NEWBIE ROOMS online :| Every room I go into has people with 200-600 matches played already.

If you're still playing when I get home from work and dinner, I can play with you against the AI if you want. I can give ya pointers on various things.

Bebpo

Banned
Heh, I didn't realize everyone had a dash f+melee attack. Was wondering why sometimes dashing at the guy with f+melee wasn't giving my normal f+melee attack.

Bebpo

Banned
I think my weakest area is the wakeup game if you knock them down with a melee hit and are right next to them. I find dashing away isn't fast enough to clear some room if they get right up and come for me. Which is why I'm sticking more to mid-range/long-range characters at this point.

Also playing good Japanese players who are using Susano is already annoying. They rush you so hard and out-step combo all your combos; if you're a mid/long range char and they get in you are super screwed as they melee you to death and chakram stun you as you try to run. I see why he's a top-tier unit. Not very fun to play against!

Atcha

A friend will be in Tokyo in few hours , I will have my copy the 20th december :/

I can't wait to play this game :crazy:

Coxy

mine is on the way too :D still watching vids to prepare, people can do some crazy melee stuff with shining and master

I'm well up for some EU nights since it seems like some of the others are gonna have 1000 wins before we even get started

Nice, nice. When I get my copy, I'll try to set up the games. It's been hard looking out the window of the office I'm working at right now and watching the mail vans come by and not drop off anything here. =(

As for vids, I've been watching nufa's twitch.tv page: http://www.twitch.tv/nufa He's pretty damn good with Dynames, Susanoo, and X-2 (who I'd like as one of my mains).

A bit more info regarding the DLC stuff from this page thanks to gundam-versus.com: http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/download.html

1. The new mobile suits will be playable via paid charges
2. The new mobile suits will be participating as enemy units
3. Ranked Match mode of Network battle and New mission will be added via free charges

I had thought Ranked was already in, tbh. Aside from that, nothing that we didn't know previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom