• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Nice, nice. When I get my copy, I'll try to set up the games. It's been hard looking out the window of the office I'm working at right now and watching the mail vans come by and not drop off anything here. =(

Do you and the other Euros also have a headset? Would be nice to actually talk instead of jsut using the chat.

A bit more info regarding the DLC stuff from this page thanks to gundam-versus.com: http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/download.html

1. The new mobile suits will be playable via paid charges
2. The new mobile suits will be participating as enemy units
3. Ranked Match mode of Network battle and New mission will be added via free charges

I had thought Ranked was already in, tbh. Aside from that, nothing that we didn't know previously.

Yeah nothing really surprising and I doubt I will get any of the new units. None of them really appeal all that much to me. My favorites are already in the game.

Do you and the other Euros also have a headset? Would be nice to actually talk instead of jsut using the chat.
Yup. Dunno about the rest.

Yeah nothing really surprising and I doubt I will get any of the new units. None of them really appeal all that much to me. My favorites are already in the game.

I'm looking forward to Arche considering I really enjoy that suit's design in 00.

Ezalc

Isn't the Kyrios gundam from 00 supposed to be in this? I could have sworn that I read about it being a playable unit...

I should have my copy today! I'll have to pick it up from the post office though since no one will be home.

It's crazy to hear that there's already people online with 600+ matches played and the game dropped last Thursday. I was hoping to play some Vs. in the arcade over the weekend to shake the rust off but I couldn't make the 40 min drive.

I guess I'll just get Hulk smashed online till I get the hang of it.

Oh and I have a headset as well (Canadian BTW). If I get in on some Gaf matches, I'll be sure to turn it down as I'm sure no one wants to hear buttons slapping (I'm planning to use a joystick).

Finally picked it up this morning along with a few more Gundam items that will probably show up in the pickup thread later. Just have to get work out of the way first...but really looking forward to embarrassing myself later on ;).

lupinko

I'll probably get some games in from 2230-2330 PST tonight, so if anyone is online then that yeah I'd be available.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
You can add me to the headset having EU list, my copy got shipped out on the 1st but its coming via cheap-post, so it could turn up tommorow... or january...

Xater

You can add me to the headset having EU list, my copy got shipped out on the 1st but its coming via cheap-post, so it could turn up tommorow... or january...

I also picked up the cheap one, but last time I got it within 2 weeks. Hope it turns up before christmas.

Kusano123

Neo Member
GGs to Shouta, you were damn good with all the units you used. Do you actually know how to use everyone? XD You made my Sinanju look like a total joke. Also, I chose Quanta specifically because I have trouble avoiding his shenanigans and I wanted to see how you would deal with it(O yea, also Infinite Justice too, that dude just gets in and rips me apart). Anyway, what do you think I lack and what I could improve on with Sinanju?

It was fun and hope we can get games with other GAF members next time.

Anyone using Delta Plus? I've fiddled around with it a bit and like it so far.

I guess it might be another gundam game I was thinking of. Was Kyrios in any of the musou ones?

Arios is DLC in Gundam Musou 3.

Kyrios is also playable in the DS and PS2 00 games.

Wow, didn't know the PS2 got 00 games that late in it's life cycle. Amazing.

51MPtq1DC-L._SL500_300_.jpg

There is one 00 game on the PS2. Follows the first season. Came out in 2008 right before the second season started, and was developed by Yuke's. I have it, pretty standard crappy licensed title. I was hoping that it would be given the polish and respect that Yuke's gave the Votoms PS2 game... nope.

Bebpo

Banned
With RX-78 I like the: Stun with Beam Spear -> Jump on their head BD Melee -> Shoot BR behind the back as you land 3 hit combo. Easy to do and looks cool when you do it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does every melee-based unit have a stun attack? I noticed that quite a few of them do. Unicorn in Destroy mode, RX-78, Susanoo, etc etc.

Bebpo

Banned
Does every melee-based unit have a stun attack? I noticed that quite a few of them do. Unicorn in Destroy mode, RX-78, Susanoo, etc etc.

Exia seems to depend on his beam dagger stun for a lot of melee attacks and it's really the only way to even hit with his extreme burst attack.

X-1's stun attack only really works when you're in a straight line with the target. If you're not lined up or farther away, he just twirls his stun whips around in a circle. Doesn't appear to really do any damage this way.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
haha I've been watching it a bit, they improve as they go on at a pretty fast pace

No doubt. As I've noticed with a lot of these pro players, they catch on to virtually everything pretty god damn quickly.

thetrin

Do you need a japanese PSN account to redeem the first press DLC bonus code ?

Yes, unless it's an asian version. In which case you need an asian account.

Coxy

6C3tl.jpg

Everyone and everything can be a char.

I think there's probably enough of us to have a little gaf tournament or league once everyone is used to the game

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are pilots seperate from gundams in this one like in the Koei games, or is it all just based on the Gundam?

Shouta

GGs to Shouta, you were damn good with all the units you used. Do you actually know how to use everyone? XD You made my Sinanju look like a total joke. Also, I chose Quanta specifically because I have trouble avoiding his shenanigans and I wanted to see how you would deal with it(O yea, also Infinite Justice too, that dude just gets in and rips me apart). Anyway, what do you think I lack and what I could improve on with Sinanju?

It was fun and hope we can get games with other GAF members next time.

Nice games, man.

You need to work on boost control, using more varied movements, and knowing when to pull away or attack. You could also work on your BR rhythm, hitting enemies when they land, and forcing our opponent to run out of boost ahead of you. You actually were doing it much better towards the end though.

I was doing a lot of things on purpose to see if you could catch it and respond though like using ZZ or DX's big attacks while you were coming in at me, and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom