• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
6C3tl.jpg

Everyone and everything can be a char.

I think there's probably enough of us to have a little gaf tournament or league once everyone is used to the game

I look forward to it. I suck ass at the game, but I'm pretty sure playing gaffers will be less painful than playing against Japanese players.

Also, Chow Char is now my Steam avatar.

Shouta

Ok, I've started getting S ranks in Trial Missions but I'm not getting the emblems.

ie. Defeat 30 GXs.

What's the catch?

There are certain conditions to get emblems in addition to those. Check the mission screen, it'll say how to get the emblem.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, I've started getting S ranks in Trial Missions but I'm not getting the emblems.

ie. Defeat 30 GXs.

What's the catch?

A lot of emblem missions have specific requirements, not just "A/S-rank" them. It's the text under the photo.

For example there's a Gundam OO stage where to get the emblem you have to destroy the Pletomy2 hovering in the background before you kill the OO Gundam & Cherubim, while playing as Susanoo (who has almost no ranged weapons). That was annoying :p

Bebpo

Banned
Someone should do a translation of the emblem missions requirements. If the JPN wiki lists them all, I'll do that tonight.

Ok, I see. The GX mission you have to takeout 20 of them on your own. Good thing you can tell your teammate to "run away."

For example there's a Gundam OO stage where to get the emblem you have to destroy the Pletomy2 hovering in the background before you kill the OO Gundam & Cherubim, while playing as Susanoo (who has almost no ranged weapons). That was annoying :p

I was playing that earlier, that mission is a bitch.

Someone should do a translation of the emblem missions requirements. If the JPN wiki lists them all, I'll do that tonight.

Anyone have a link to it?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ok, I see. The GX mission you have to takeout 20 of them on your own. Good thing you can tell your teammate to "run away."

I couldn't figure out how to give orders to the AI while using an arcade stick. Is this possible?

thetrin

Should be L1 unless you changed the control to some sort of arcade setup. In the arcade version, it was the start button.

I changed it to Joystick 1, since I'm using a joystick.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, for all the "kill x amount of units yourself" missions I set the AI on run until I get the required amount and then tell them to start attacking again.

lupinko

Joystick 1 is the closest to the arcade, it maps the Partner Command to R2 though instead of Start.

iirc there isn't an option to map it to Select. =/

Bebpo

Banned
Btw, does the music skip for anyone else if you try to bring up the XMB to send invites and write messages?

JKTrix

I like the trial missions that give you unlimited use of a particular unit's super mode, like Susanoo's trans am and the Destroy Mode. The Unicorn one in particular, you're up against a bunch of Qubeleys with the funnels. In Destroy mode, Unicorn has an attack (the stun one) that disables all active funnels on the map. It's pretty rad.

I also like the idea of Shouta-sensei training sessions :p I need to get in one day when I haven't been playing for 6 hours already and am too tired to play 'properly'.

Got my first trophy on the Londo Bell Emblem Mission. You just have to get a S rank against a bunch ReZLs and Riddhe in the Delta Plus.

matmanx1

Well my copy will officially be arriving tomorrow. I got the notice from the Post Office that they tried to deliver today but no one was around to sign for it so I will go pick it up first thing in the morning.

I'm pretty pleased with the arrival speed. I paid $17+ for shipping (which I don't consider to be all that bad) and would have gotten the game in 2 business days from Hong Kong to Ga. if I had been around to sign for it.

I'll probably be friend listing some of you in the next 24 hours as I have time to play so look out for requests from matmanx1, just like my Gaf tag.

The Leagues Millitaires emblem mission is a pain in the ass. You can't have a single unit die, but the enemy Nemos explode like nukes as soon as you hit them. My teammate always bites it at lesat once... argh.

d0c_zaius

I was wondering when you guys would catch on to this. Its just a joke for testing but I do know how to play somewhat well I was hi-nu and my partner it was his first time playing lol.

even as a joke it was cool to watch. please stream it again sometime. thanks!

Shame I don't have any streaming equipment otherwise I'd be glad to. What kind of gear would you need for it anyway?

I'm pretty sure you just need a capture card/unit and the appropriate software, but I'm guessing. Shingin-Leveluplive could probably give you a more accurate list of what is necessary.

Hopefully we'll see some good streams start up. Hell we could even just do a GAF league.

God... I'm going to buy this game. Sorry wallet :(

"Shame I don't have any streaming equipment otherwise I'd be glad to. What kind of gear would you need for it anyway?"

We have threads for this, shame on you. As soon as I get my copy I will stream, but that's still a week or two off.

As d0c said, capture card (they run around 100-200$) and some software, some of it freely available.

d0c_zaius

Huh, it's really that cheap? But you probably need good upstream bandwidth which is the real problem.

Many times tournaments have to stream off of limited net and can still throw together something of solid quality. I think its just a matter of getting accustomed to the software settings and finding the sweet spot. Along with Teknopathetic, Kadey does UMVC3gaf streams nightly and would probably know what to start out with.

At my work, we use hauppauge capture boxes and they work well with minimal knowledge/set-up.

Shouta

We have threads for this, shame on you. As soon as I get my copy I will stream, but that's still a week or two off.

As d0c said, capture card (they run around 100-200$) and some software, some of it freely available.

Your lack of quote tags still disturbs me!

I'm moving back to the US soon anyway, can't stream until I get back unless my laptop has the functionality.

DTJAAAAM

The Leagues Millitaires emblem mission is a pain in the ass. You can't have a single unit die, but the enemy Nemos explode like nukes as soon as you hit them. My teammate always bites it at lesat once... argh.

Just got that one easily if you haven't figured it out yet. Just hit Triangle on the CPU character when at the Mission Information screen to kick him out and go solo. No more babysitting!

"Huh, it's really that cheap? But you probably need good upstream bandwidth which is the real problem."

1-2Mbps upstream is all you need for something watchable. Hell, very few streams out there are using much more than that anyway.

matmanx1

I was wondering when you guys would catch on to this. Its just a joke for testing but I do know how to play somewhat well I was hi-nu and my partner it was his first time playing lol.

But what if it wasn't a joke! What if there really were such a thing? What a seriously cool thing that would be. It's a nerdy sort of dream, to be sure, but it's an idea I can get behind. Gundam is due for a revival in the US. I can feel it.

"But what if it wasn't a joke! What if there really were such a thing? What a seriously cool thing that would be. It's a nerdy sort of dream, to be sure, but it's an idea I can get behind. Gundam is due for a revival in the US. I can feel it."

If the netcode is as solid as the impressions here give off, it's possible, but it'd be online only without system link.

JKTrix

I wanted to play some games tonight, but after a 3 hour skype conversation and attempting to play White Knight Chronicles I'm pretty drained. Though I'll probably wake up in 4 hours and start playing.

Bebpo

Banned
Messed around with the Zeta guys in training mode. Really like how all 3 of them have very legit vehicle modes. Zeta's spinning grab while in ship form is nice, though I'm sure in a real match you get shot by your enemy's partner while sitting holding them. The fact he has a stun projectile (dagger throw) on a non-ammo/recharge weapon feels pretty powerful since you can spam them and when one hits it stuns and sets up for real damage.

Hyaku-shiki's various cannons and ability to get away fast with his little ship thingy and deflect beams and throw it at people seems sweet. I think I want to start using him online and see how I do. He's got good variety, good speed with his vehicle, and strong power with the beam.

Messiah was better than I initially thought playing as him in trial mode. His flight is useful because the jump+beam button has various spin dodge directly into it and his shot+beam laser is neat since it shoots downward and locks-on directly on the enemy while flying. But my favorite part of him is all his hilariously cool grapple moves like left/right melee where he shoryuken throws them in the air or his down melee where he brings them up in the sky. Was fun combo-ing beam saber slash, slash, rainbow step -> right melee grab and throw -> beam when they hit the ground.

Really liking all the units so far. They're all just so fun to play as! I think the least fun guy so far has been Char's Geloog from original Gundam since he just seems really plain and limited outside throwing Lala at them. Rx-78 seems more fun between the two :p

God I hate my local post master in my area. They were to deliver it today but guess what...It's STILL being processed?!?! Yeah when I called Canada Post they were puzzled as well since it should have been delivered today. It better come tomorrow...

X-1's stun attack only really works when you're in a straight line with the target. If you're not lined up or farther away, he just twirls his stun whips around in a circle. Doesn't appear to really do any damage this way.

Was watching some vids and the screw whip does about 97 damage if not lined up.

Was checking out for 1 week sell through numbers and the chartz mention around 330,000 EXVS sold, behind MK7 that was like mid 400,000s. Considering the price, not bad at all!

4632%20-%20char_aznable%20dat_ass%20emma_sheen%20gundam%20quattro_bajeena%20zeta_gundam.jpg

I wonder if they'll reach the 500,000 sales expectation.

Shouta

Man, they need functionality that allows you to send matches to someone. I had two Turn A rounds tonight where I hit the Moonlight Butterfly and one of them was swinging blind.

Man, they need functionality that allows you to send matches to someone. I had two Turn A rounds tonight where I hit the Moonlight Butterfly and one of them was swinging blind.

Hopefully they can patch in some dogfight replay submission to view online... aside from some LAN play. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom