• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
USPS said:
Your item is being processed by customs in SWEDEN at 11:26 am on December 06, 2011.

NQhYz.jpg

Soon, motherfuckers!!!

Canada Post said:
2011/12/06 08:57 Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.

Wait what? You mean I could have been playing this yesterday?! I did not get a card to pick this up from the post office. Oh well, I'll swing by on my way home this evening.

I won't get too many matches though as I will be going out for dinner with the in-laws...

Fun times last night with some of Gundam-GAF :). Before going online I played through Arcade once with the Sumo and messed around with a bunch of suits in Trial Mission mode. Playing online I mostly stuck to the Sumo and Exia. Very surprised with how well I played with the latter considering I didn't really use it much in Next Plus. Admittedly, Exia Repair bailed me out a couple of times. Tried to practice some step/rainbow cancelling...still very much a work in progress.

Very impressed with the overall package, even the original soundtrack...I really like whatever the track is that plays during the MS selection screen in Trial Mission in particular. As far as the Gundam music is concerned I like the selections (Century Colors ftw :p) but I'll be adding in some of the missing tracks (particularly Dreams).

I apologize in advance...

I literally just discovered this game by accident (Level Up Test Stream) and it looks absolutely stunning.

I was curious if you guys thought it was necessary to play with a stick? I was thinking about picking one if import this and was curious what the overall consensus was. Thanks.

I literally just discovered this game by accident (Level Up Test Stream) and it looks absolutely stunning.

I was curious if you guys thought it was necessary to play with a stick? I was thinking about picking one if import this and was curious what the overall consensus was. Thanks.

Works fine on a pad. Hell, I had played the prequel on a PSP as that was the only platform it was commercially available on.

Deadly

Not necessary at all considering the last iterations were on PSP

LOL, the NAGL creating dat hype!

As for control choice, whatever is more comfortable for you. I've played the series both in the arcades and on the PS2/PSP, but will play on stick since I have them.

If you want to watch more good matches, check the recorded streams from here:
http://www.twitch.tv/nufa/b/301390811
http://www.youtube.com/user/fannel13sazaby

Bebpo

Banned
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of LAN because they thought it would replicate the arcade version too well and would hurt the arcade business.

For games like this, a lot of decisions are based around keeping the arcade version extremely popular and not letting the home version eat into it.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of LAN because they thought it would replicate the arcade version too well and would hurt the arcade business.

For games like this, a lot of decisions are based around keeping the arcade version extremely popular and not letting the home version eat into it.

Yeah, that makes sense.

There's a new arcade version coming soon though. I wish they were confident enough in that driving people back for arcade revenue.

I got my Play Asia preorder of the Japanese version of 2nd Super Robot Wars OG at $85 over the summer. It's now at $102 due to the strength of the Yen. Ouch.

You pay the preorder price right?

Man, the downside of AmiAmi is despite locking in the preorder price, you're at the mercy of that ship day's Yen conversion.

You pay the preorder price right?

Yep. My copy of GEV was $95 thanks to preorder lock.

Man, the downside of AmiAmi is despite locking in the preorder price, you're at the mercy of that ship day's Yen conversion.

That's good to know, I figured you pay whatever the rate was on release.

I still go with them on price drop items, though. I got ACE Portable for $17 last year shortly after release.

d0c_zaius

It would be nice if the shop near me carried the Asia version, but even if they did they wouldn't sell it to me. It seems that they keep games on hold for a week for people :(

It would be nice if the shop near me carried the Asia version, but even if they did they wouldn't sell it to me. It seems that they keep games on hold for a week for people :(
If I still lived in Los Angeles, I'd have the game day one thanks to japanvideogames since I could literally take my lunch break from work and pick it up from there with some Cheesecake Factory to spare. :(

Ezalc

I'm trying to find some let's play videos of this. Kind of disappointed there aren't any besides arcade where they play that one level over and over again. Though I'm not surprised since it's an import only game and etc.

What's a good gundam strategy game? Is emblem of gundam on the ds any good?

Jomjom

Banned
If I still lived in Los Angeles, I'd have the game day one thanks to japanvideogames since I could literally take my lunch break from work and pick it up from there with some Cheesecake Factory to spare. :(

I live right next to there, but their prices are a bit high =(

JKTrix

Been playing with some guys this evening, they're all pretty good. I asked one guy from GameFAQs how he found my PSN ID, and he said that 'someone posted a google docs on GFAQs with people's IDs'.

So in case you do get people adding you and saying they're from over there, that's how it happened. All the guys I played with were pretty darn cool though, subverting the stereotype.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm trying to find some let's play videos of this. Kind of disappointed there aren't any besides arcade where they play that one level over and over again. Though I'm not surprised since it's an import only game and etc.

What's a good gundam strategy game? Is emblem of gundam on the ds any good?

Emblem really isn't.

I've heard good things about Ghiren's but the graphics are really bad.

The G-Generation games are probably good Fire Emblem-ish srpgs I think. I've never played any of them because I don't like the art-style, but I think they are basically supposed to be Super Robot Wars games that are entirely Gundam crossovers.

Shouta

G-Generation isn't very Fire Emblem in style. It is basically SRW with just Gundams. Of course, the number of gundams is far beyond just the basic ones, they have units from all of the Gundam related stuff including the mangas.

MightyKAC

I've been thinking about picking this one up to fill that void in my heart left by the absence of a new Virtual On game. If there happens to be a community playing it then that's just icing on the cake.

I have Emblem of Gundam, it's pretty unique. Almost like a Federation-focused Ghiren game.

The G-Generation games are probably good Fire Emblem-ish srpgs I think. I've never played any of them because I don't like the art-style, but I think they are basically supposed to be Super Robot Wars games that are entirely Gundam crossovers.

G-Gen is just like SRW. I think you'd really like the series, Bebpo.

JKTrix

Yeah, the stuff surrounding the basic strategy in that game is pretty addicting. Capturing, evolving, combining units to get new ones... like some kind of Gundam pokemon.

Reknoc

Ordered and waiting for it to be shipped. Not sure how long it'll be before I get it, but I've popped myself down on the spreadsheet.

Bebpo

Banned
I have Emblem of Gundam, it's pretty unique. Almost like a Federation-focused Ghiren game.

I thought Emblem was boring w/ugly graphics like Ghiren :( I only got a few hours in.

G-Gen is just like SRW. I think you'd really like the series, Bebpo.

I'd play it if they actually used sprite animation. I have a huge dislike of pre-rendered cg animation. Though for being pre-rendered cg, the latest ones do look pretty nice.

If SRW gives up on licensed games and focuses entirely on OG games, I may have to transition to G-Generation at some point...

JKTrix

Just to be clear, it's still 2D CG and not 3D CG. I know people from the anime thread who vomit when they hear 'CG', it's a different kind here :p

Bebpo

Banned
I think 2d cg worse than 3d cg. I can't play the last couple DS Fire Emblems, the Lord of Elemental remake on DS was blah, and G-Generation is :( Same with the 2d cg that Falcom used for a long time. I think 2d cg is the worst looking graphical style for gaming. Companies use it because it's cheap, but it looks cheap so it's not really a solution to saving money.

matmanx1

Had a few friends over today so we could make a road trip to the Playstation Vita Mall Event in my area but that's a story for another thread. When we got back to the house we fired up Gundam and went through the Arcade mode playing 2 player vs the CPU.

Game looks and plays very well. I love the music and the movement and weapons all feel really good and look great in action. My early favorite from my play time is probably the Heavy Arms EW although the Hyaku Shiki was also a lot of fun to play.

What's the deal with the different paths through the Arcade Mode? And does it unlock anything or give any better rewards to get Gold medals in Arcade mode? Got lots and lots of practicing to do but for now I'm glad the game is here and am very impressed with my first impressions.

I played the HELL out of this game on Sunday.

I am still hovering around an absolutely horrid 20-25% overall win ratio.

However my ratio with Gouf Custom keeps bouncing around 40-50%.

I feel pretty confident when using good ole Norris. It can be tough when you have two 3000 cost suits try their best to team up on you but I have gotten good at Spiderman-ing around so they usually just get annoyed and leave me alone.

It's also nice because a lot of players tend to ignore 1000 cost suits when the match is coming down to the wire(under 2500 cost left) since they know they would have to kill me at least twice to win. Allows a lot of freedom for sneak attacks.

Thanks to the Gouf Custom I have actually managed to get some solid win streaks and actually made some people rage quit. :O :O

Hopefully I can get to the point where I am this confident with F91 or Gelgoog.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
DLC incoming:
Gundam Extreme VS will be getting its first batch of download content on the 22nd. Famitsu has first details this week.

Two paid Mobile Suits will be released on the 22nd, Arche Gundam and Blue Destiny 1-go. These will be priced ¥500 each.

New missions will also be offered on the 22nd. These will be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom