• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

DS finally got his game with....

tumblr_lv0pzvt00d1qmyurbo1_500.jpg

Ezalc

You guys should use this image after every fight. Just need somebody to photoshop the number.

tumblr_lnizu27s3k1qj9e4io1_500.jpg

I'm still waiting for the next one :(

LiK

This was on NCS new products page today. Kinda surprising.

All backorders for PS3 Gundam Extreme VS are shipping today and new orders are welcome. The game has become the best-selling PS3 game for NCS this year.

This was on NCS new products page today. Kinda surprising.

Very good news. It would be nice if Bamco US would take note of any import market and maybe even take a chance on localizing it....lol who am I kidding, it'll still never happen :/.

Oh, and feel better ds. Gundam-GAF needs you!

Very good news. It would be nice if Bamco US would take note of any import market and maybe even take a chance on localizing it....lol who am I kidding, it'll still never happen :/.

Problem is that a good chunk of the Gundam fanbase in North American has already imported the game. They'd make a bit of cash off others, but I don't know if it's enough to justify translating, dubbing and acquiring music rights.

Problem is that a good chunk of the Gundam fanbase in North American has already imported the game. They'd make a bit of cash off others, but I don't know if it's enough to justify translating, dubbing and acquiring music rights.

The music rights wouldn't be too big of a deal if they just dropped all the licensed stuff like Gundam Musou since we have customized BGM. If anything, we should drop a line to Linkin Park and see if they can use their pull with their fanbase to garner localization support, lol.

amishpriest99 said:

In sickness or in health, I will be there for Gundam-GAF!

tumblr_ls30mvb44T1qeumowo1_500.gif

54-46!

I'm interested but my wallet says no, 90$ for a fighting game is pretty steep when I don't know if I'll like it. It's a tough one to pick up at a later date as well, player base might decline pretty fast.

How is the online in European territories?

Internet sharing off my MBP is set up in my hotel room...

smallexvs.png

MY BODY IS FUCKING READY!!!
(yes, the TV in the room is shit)

I'm interested but my wallet says no, 90$ for a fighting game is pretty steep when I don't know if I'll like it. It's a tough one to pick up at a later date as well, player base might decline pretty fast.

How is the online in European territories?

Nah, the player base will be rather constant in Japan at the very least. With playable DLC units and the arcade sequel not being ready until 2013, this game will stick for a bit.

As for online in the EU, I'll try it out in a bit, but I can't promise anything considering I'm currently internet sharing with my MBP as the only has one Ethernet cable and no WiFi.

I prefer this Bernie:

Sieg Bernie Mac!

Am I the only one who thinks that Gundam Freedom might actually be more awesome than Gundam Maxter?

Kinda looks all over the place. Needs more stars and stripes.

Ezalc

Internet sharing off my MBP is set up in my hotel room...

smallexvs.png

MY BODY IS FUCKING READY!!!
(yes, the TV in the room is shit)

Kinda looks all over the place. Needs more stars and stripes.

iJMqe.gif

Also he's a boxing police cowboy. He has to represent his heritage! Gundam Maxter doesn't have any stars, and only a few stripes. Gundam Freedom has spurs! SPURS!

Don't remind me :|

What's worse is that apparently there's a manga for the 14th gundam fight or something. Domon is still competing with the God Gundam in it. So it's not like they'd need to make up an entirely new story for it.

Beth Cyra

Also he's a boxing police cowboy. He has to represent his heritage! Gundam Maxter doesn't have any stars, and only a few stripes. Gundam Freedom has spurs! SPURS!

What's worse is that apparently there's a manga for the 14th gundam fight or something. Domon is still competing with the God Gundam in it. So it's not like they'd need to make up an entirely new story for it.

I know of the Manga that has the retelling of G Gundam's events with some altered stroy lines (similar to how they are doing Glory of the Losers For Wing) but not anything about a sequel Manga.

Ezalc

I know of the Manga that has the retelling of G Gundam's events with some altered stroy lines (similar to how they are doing Glory of the Losers For Wing) but not anything about a sequel Manga.

There was more than just one manga for G Gundam. There was one that features a younger Master Asia and Shuffle Alliance participating in the 7th Gundam Battle. Which is where that Freedom Gundam pic I posted is from.

I read the sequel manga info wrong though, it's not about the entire 14th fight but only a short side story that has Domon dealing with some bad guys during it I think. Either way I still want a G Gundam sequel.

Beth Cyra

There was more than just one manga for G Gundam. There was one that features a younger Master Asia and Shuffle Alliance participating in the 7th Gundam Battle. Which is where that Freedom Gundam pic I posted is from.

I read the sequel manga info wrong though, it's not about the entire 14th fight but only a short side story that has Domon dealing with some bad guys during it I think. Either way I still want a G Gundam sequel.

Yeah well it won't happen (thankfully for me, I thought it was shit.) just like some Wing fans need to drop hope that Frozen Teardrop will ever get animated.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Really? I must find this...

Ezalc

Really? I must find this...

It's called Mobile Suit G Gundam Next Generation I think. It's only one volume or chapter I don't know. Apparently it takes place 4 years after G Gundam so it'd be during the 14th fight. I just got all of this info from gundam wiki and normal wiki, just so you know.

Hmmmm, just working off the rust before I go online while trying to figure out X-2's melee set. I'm also enjoying Tallgeese's speed as well.

Shouta

Hah, JPs online are getting dumb, kicking you if you have a good win record or anything below a blue connection rating at times. It's so stupid. Thankfully, I just host my own room to play in most of the time.

Hah, JPs online are getting dumb, kicking you if you have a good win record or anything below a blue connection rating at times. It's so stupid. Thankfully, I just host my own room to play in most of the time.

Welp. I'm about to jump online for the first time then I read your post. xD

Gonna have to coordinate more GAF matches with you guys. >__<

kiun

lol just discovered the melee -> rainbow step -> melee combo system last night. Is there an advanced combo tutorial available anywhere ?

Beth Cyra

Really hoping a talented player makes some combo vids for alot of the units.

Alot of players did that with Next Plus and it would be really helpful given I can't read the Japanese wiki.

Plus given how bad Zero's Melee is, it would be nice to see it, and when/how it should be used to it's best ablities.

Finally shipped my copy, won't be here till Next monday though sadly. By then most servers will have dried up for english players by the sounds of it. Damn it.

Shouta

I don't even bother meleeing with Zero most of the time, it comes out too slow. Buster rifles are usually more than enough. I've got a pretty solid win record with him too.

Beth Cyra

I don't even bother meleeing with Zero most of the time, it comes out too slow. Buster rifles are usually more than enough. I've got a pretty solid win record with him too.

So it viable to go Buster/Machine Cannon only?

I just figured it would be hard to really keep up if you have little to no Melee ablity even if it is with Zero.

Shouta

So it viable to go Buster/Machine Cannon only?

I just figured it would be hard to really keep up if you have little to no Melee ablity even if it is with Zero.

Don't bother with Machine Cannons, they're stop and shoot so they aren't worth it most of the time. You'll need to be a bit more accurate with the Buster Rifle because the A ammo is lower than in Next but it's possible. If you have an opening for melee, it's nice for letting ammo recharge but I wouldn't depend on it like the Next version of WZC. It's more like the Next WZ melee, heh.

Beth Cyra

Don't bother with Machine Cannons, they're stop and shoot so they aren't worth it most of the time. You'll need to be a bit more accurate with the Buster Rifle because the A ammo is lower than in Next but it's possible. If you have an opening for melee, it's nice for letting ammo recharge but I wouldn't depend on it like the Next version of WZC. It's more like the Next WZ melee, heh.

I see. Thanks by the way.

It's just after watching so many of the video's, it clear you are right. I just have a hard time because it seems like he takes so long to actually fire, I mean I know it's only a split second, but that little charge and the slow fire speed compared to the quicker Rifles when combined with what I would say is pretty small ammo count seems scary to rely only on Buster Rifle.

Like I said though, I'm grateful for the thoughts as I'm sure you're right, just seems like it's going to be a hard adjustment after using Zero EW in Next.

Just finished 10 full matches online and ended up with a 50% win streak. By all means it isn't me being good, but once I took to focusing on support with X-2 and better understood my range against other people, matches became much easier.

Also, played with some folk from the US and JP. Even though there were red signals about when playing with the JPs (until they kicked me out for that more than likely, lol), the net code was fantastic for the distance. With the US peeps, it was a yellow connection and was on point. Nice matches whoever they were. :3

And yeah, I'm playing in Sweden at the moment, so big ups to the VSTG team for making some beastly net code.

If you guys are planning on playing in about 5 hours, I might be up for some before I head for work in the morning. :)

BTW, Shouta... Do you know what the command is for X-2's melee attack where he does the hundred hand slap with the beam katars?

So fucking hype!

It's probably B, B, 2B Or melee, melee, then down/back and melee
Ah nice one! Thanks for that!

I've been rainbow stepping before the 2B and launching with the normal 2B... which is actually nice as a combo ender since they get launched in the air for awhile, giving me some breathing room to get their buddy.

matmanx1

Started on Trial mode tonight solo after last night's co-op Arcade session with my friends. I started out with Hyaku Shiki but quickly switched to Heavyarms as I just feel like I play better with it right off the bat.

Anyone have the various requirements mapped out for S ranking the trials yet? I'm not very far in but there's already a couple that are eluding me despite the fact that I feel like I am performing them flawlessly. I'm sure it's just something I'm not doing in the mission or something I'm killing out of order but my Japanese isn't great. =/

So far I'm loving this game despite the fact that I've barely even scratched the surface. I somehow pulled off a grab attack tonight with Heavyarms that was pretty amazing looking and I don't even know how I did it. Did I just overlook the button combo for performing a grab or is it just a melee move that occurs in a special circumstance?

I've received three Japanese friend requests today from GEV players I've never played online against before. That link to this thread on the Japanese gaming blog had an effect.

Bebpo

Banned
Considering how tough trial mission emblem battles are in the &#19968;&#33324;&#20853; difficulty without upgrading your units, I can see the next two difficulties getting painful >_<

Did a bunch of trial missions using ZZ, Nu, Sazabi and Quebley Plu. Plu's Quebley is so great even with an AI partner when it's 2 of you vs 1 enemy. However, when it's like 10 enemies vs. the two of you, her <300hp life is lol

FAZZ is a lot of fun to play as. The giant beam attack recharges really fast in FA mode so you can spam it pretty often though gotta watch out since it leaves you sitting there if you miss. The armor purge attack though...SO GOOD in terms of damage. I love saving it until there's 1 enemy left with ~50% HP and then I hit them with that and it usually kills them. If not purged ZZ is fast enough that I can usually get 1 or 2 hits in that are needed to finish the job.

Shouta

You should totally upgrade. It makes getting the S ranks a lot easier and there's a trophyf for powering up all the unit as well as I recall.

Upgrading really helps on the Trial missions. I've reached a point where I've put so much into certain units that I'll have to replay missions to get enough MP, but the game is fun so I don't really mind.

Bebpo

Banned
You should totally upgrade. It makes getting the S ranks a lot easier and there's a trophyf for powering up all the unit as well as I recall.

Yeah, but if you need to upgrade to half-max or higher to beat a hard mission on the 3rd difficulty tier, what are you going to do on the 4th or even 5th tier when you've hit the max for upgrading your unit and it's still near-impossible to S rank.

I'd rather just improve my skills early on and save upgrading for when I really need it on the higher difficulties.

Went online for a couple minutes to see if I can catch you guys, but no luck. =( Just have to force myself to stay on the ground more so I don't open myself up.

Also S Ranked the first two groups of trial levels, but those were just pushover levels in comparison to what is coming up, especially those Hi-Nu missions since I'm not a huge fan of Sazabi. Did A rank the first 3 though, so not bad for now... but that last one... >__<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom