• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

I was just playing on a stream, but I didn't want to tell you guys because it would have been embarassing. Had fun though! He was new too.

Bebpo

Banned
Messed around with the ZZ and CCA units in practice mode. Random questions/thoughts.

ZZ Gundam - I like how he starts in full armor ZZ and then you can purge with a huge damage beam nuke and become fast and nimble but weak. Which mode do people usually play in for most of the match? Slow seems almost too slow, like you'll get destroyed once a fast character gets in on you. Also kind of surprised he didn't have a vehicle transformation mode.

Quebley - Why is she 2500? She seems...limited. Her funnel traps are neat, but you can only have a few at a time, and otherwise she just has her aura stun and some mid-level melee and shooting. Doesn't even have an extreme burst attack.

Quebley Plu Version - Seems REALLY REALLY GOOD for being a 1000 cost unit. Like holy hell, I can see her annoying the heck out of the enemy and creating non-stop openings for her partner to go in and destroy the opposing team. She has so many quick funnel spams so you can always have funnels flying around their faces shooting at them and she's decently fast to stay away. Seems like an amazing support poke character for only 1000 cost. I think I might use her online though I can see her pissing people off.

Nu Gundam - Seems like a very all around good unit. Not quite sure why he's 3000 cost since he doesn't seem to have any high damage dealing attacks. Doesn't even have an extreme burst attack wat. Funnel shield seems really good for defense, but I just don't see the offense to support a 3000 cost.

Sazabi - Seems sort of like Nu in that it's an all around good unit but instead of having a defense focus like Nu does with the funnel shield, Sazabi has an offense focus with his high power beam, and helper dudes to go along with the funnels. 2500 cost seems just right for him. Kind of bummed he doesn't have an extreme burst attack either.

Probably take me the rest of the week and weekend to finish just going through all the cast :p But then I'll have some favorites to start practicing online and use in trial missions :)

JKTrix

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'm loving this online honour metasystem. If you end up against someone who has an AI on their team, there's a rather unique way of trying to communicate how you proceed. If it's one human on each team, it's common for each person to set their AI partner to 'Evade' (which makes them not attack) and then go at it one-on-one. If it's 2 vs 1 with a room of other people, most times people wait. Other times, I've seen one player just back off and let the other one 1v1. It's really neat, and something I doubt we would just see in a western game between strangers.

xero273

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'm loving this online honour metasystem. If you end up against someone who has an AI on their team, there's a rather unique way of trying to communicate how you proceed. If it's one human on each team, it's common for each person to set their AI partner to 'Evade' (which makes them not attack) and then go at it one-on-one. If it's 2 vs 1 with a room of other people, most times people wait. Other times, I've seen one player just back off and let the other one 1v1. It's really neat, and something I doubt we would just see in a western game between strangers.

yea, i didn't know about that until 2 days after i played online. i looked on gfaqs and found that out. :( oops, now ppl probably think i'm an asshole :(

Expensive suits are the deadliest double edged sword for a new player. They dont offer more survivability but you lose way more when you die than you would with a low cost suit.

Ahahaha, just finished a match with 0 points. This is great.

Edit: Now 249 points. I thought I was playing better. I guess I was confusing better with worse.

Ahahaha, just finished a match with 0 points. This is great.
etSUr.jpg

:p

Ezalc

Wha? Blue Destiny?!?!? The old rumor was right! Fuck yes! Time to go EXAM on some asses!

That means there's a lot more suits than the four that were teased on the site since Arche is one of them.

Good thing I got a PSN card with mah game. :3

Stop giving me hope Donkey. Stop iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Shouta

I'm definitely gonna pick up Blue Destiny and Arche myself.

Messed around with the ZZ and CCA units in practice mode. Random questions/thoughts.

ZZ Gundam - I like how he starts in full armor ZZ and then you can purge with a huge damage beam nuke and become fast and nimble but weak. Which mode do people usually play in for most of the match? Slow seems almost too slow, like you'll get destroyed once a fast character gets in on you. Also kind of surprised he didn't have a vehicle transformation mode.

You usually play in FAZZ mode until you need the mobility from regular ZZ mode. FAZZ has more power behind it and more ammo so learning to bait your enemies to deal more damage is sort of key early on. He also starts with 2 shots of the Hi-Mega Cannon meaning you an deal big damage early if you're good at hitting folks from behind or when they aren't looking.

As an FYI, a lot of attacks in the game have a camera change like WZC's TBC or DX's TSC. You can make them do the attack without the camera change if you press 2 or Down while you do the attack. That'll allow you to see if your attack will hit the enemy or not.

Quebley - Why is she 2500? She seems...limited. Her funnel traps are neat, but you can only have a few at a time, and otherwise she just has her aura stun and some mid-level melee and shooting. Doesn't even have an extreme burst attack.

Her funnel game is manual meaning you have more control over the damage timing for it, as I recall. Her melee is pretty god and Pressure is very good though not as overpowered as in Next. Her damage is set to the 2500 level as well unlike say Puru.

Quebley Plu Version - Seems REALLY REALLY GOOD for being a 1000 cost unit. Like holy hell, I can see her annoying the heck out of the enemy and creating non-stop openings for her partner to go in and destroy the opposing team. She has so many quick funnel spams so you can always have funnels flying around their faces shooting at them and she's decently fast to stay away. Seems like an amazing support poke character for only 1000 cost. I think I might use her online though I can see her pissing people off.

She has somewhat low boost and her funnels aren't as good as others. Her BD and step speed is also a little low as I recall. She is annoying in the right hands though.

Nu Gundam - Seems like a very all around good unit. Not quite sure why he's 3000 cost since he doesn't seem to have any high damage dealing attacks. Doesn't even have an extreme burst attack wat. Funnel shield seems really good for defense, but I just don't see the offense to support a 3000 cost.

He's 3000 because his Funnels are some of the best in the game, he has a whole slew of weaponry, and the boost and step to back it up. You don't really need big damaging attacks to be a cost 3000 unit, just have the stats and the ability to back it up. For example, Infinite Justice is 2500 but he doesn't really any real big attacks outside of his melee.

It's pretty common arcade etiquette. If you see someone fly straight up and then shield block from their base position, it means they want to go one on one or so.

Bebpo

Banned
Hey Shouta, I just want to say I really enjoy and appreciate your analysis of the units from a high level player perspective. Being able to get a hands on feel for a unit and then learn their pros/cons really helps to start to learn the unit for both playing "as" and "against".

Speaking of which, what makes Nu's funnels so good? I get that they deploy and move REALLY FAST, but they seem kind of predictable and easy to dodge unlike the funnels of some of the other characters.

Wha? Blue Destiny?!?!? The old rumor was right! Fuck yes! Time to go EXAM on some asses!

That means there's a lot more suits than the four that were teased on the site since Arche is one of them.

Good thing I got a PSN card with mah game. :3

What rumor? What other DLC units did it list?

Still I think something is starting to click. Just went for a minute or two with infinite justice that was way better than me. Ended up rather close. My biggest problem is I stop dashing to hit the shoot button.

Ezalc

vlcsnap-591401.png

Believe in the return of German ninjutsu!

Schwarz come back to meeeeeeeee! You will return! I BELIEEEVEEE

SwEa7.jpg

Just so this isn't another me whining about Spiegel post. When I played Gundam v Gundam Next Plus, besides my Spiegel I also played as Char's red Zaku. I noticed it wasn't in this game and it was replaced with the commander type. Does it play too differently from the other one? I used to just fly around spamming the machine gun and bazooka with occasional melee since I heard it was 3x more effective to do that than go melee all the way with it.

How much of a delay is there between activating extreme burst or whatever its called and being able to take any action like dash or something?

Ezalc

Oh I have another question. About the extreme burst, some units have the extreme burst attack right? If you use that right after you activate extreme burst does that end the burst after the attack is over?

What rumor? What other DLC units did it list?

It was on /m/ somewhere a couple months ago, but the list was long. I'll see if I can find it.

How much of a delay is there between activating extreme burst or whatever its called and being able to take any action like dash or something?

You should be able to input whatever immediately after activating EX Burst.

Oh I have another question. About the extreme burst, some units have the extreme burst attack right? If you use that right after you activate extreme burst does that end the burst after the attack is over?

Yup, EX Burst is finished regardless of how much you had left on the gauge.

You should be able to input whatever immediately after activating EX Burst.

Going to blame that one on lag then, or sloppy button inputs. I was mashing like mad for a dash but still ate a melee, oh well I wont one match this evening so already doing great.

Still odds are stick would be better for me.

Going to blame that one on lag then, or sloppy button inputs. I was mashing like mad for a dash but still ate a melee, oh well I wont one match this evening so already doing great.

Still odds are stick would be better for me.

Hmmm, did you activate EX Burst as you were getting hit or prior to that?

USPS said:
Your item cleared customs in SWEDEN at 8:42 pm on December 06, 2011.

Soon...

4632%20-%20char_aznable%20dat_ass%20emma_sheen%20gundam%20quattro_bajeena%20zeta_gundam.jpg

Shouta

Hey Shouta, I just want to say I really enjoy and appreciate your analysis of the units from a high level player perspective. Being able to get a hands on feel for a unit and then learn their pros/cons really helps to start to learn the unit for both playing "as" and "against".

Speaking of which, what makes Nu's funnels so good? I get that they deploy and move REALLY FAST, but they seem kind of predictable and easy to dodge unlike the funnels of some of the other characters.

No probs. It's what I'm here for!

Nu Funnels are probably the best in the game though Hi-Nu's are probably on the same level now that it's in. They release and move fast, have a very strong lock, and do solid damage for them. Even if they don't hit, you can force your opponent to move in the direction you want them to make it easier to land your Bazooka or Beam Rifle. Remember that you can control the Funnels position when attacking your opponent so you can do a few nice things with it. The only downside is the reload is atrociously long.

JKTrix

It's pretty common arcade etiquette. If you see someone fly straight up and then shield block from their base position, it means they want to go one on one or so.
Oh, I guess I didn't quite pick up on that :p I was doing my own foreign variant of it. Dashing right up into guys' faces and using the shield over and over. They got the message, but now I know how to do it properly!

I think I might recommend F91 for beginners. I don't really have any in-depth analysis on it, but it is mid-cost and has some really decent melee and shooting. It doesn't have an extreme burst move, but its MePE 'super mode' seems to be one of the only ones in the game that can be used multiple times in one life. It doesn't add any damage--in fact you seem to take more damage when you're in that mode--but you get after-images that seem to obstruct your enemy's aim and you get some exclusive attack properties with it.

One thing to watch out for with MePE is that the camera zooms on you and you are still for a split second when you activate it, similar to extreme burst. But you are the only one that gets that frozen close-up. People can still hit you, and with the extra damage you take you should probably watch out. You can boost-dash out of the animation though, so you should probably always do that if you're not activating it at a safe time.

I haven't quite figured out a good use for its charge B move where he throws the shield. I imagine it could be used as a defense reaction when something is coming at you, but that requires you to be holding the button down the whole time. You can have 3 of them floating around the field at a time, so I guess it's useful for blocking a random shot or getting in someone's way, but that's hardly a reliable thing.

But yeah. I'm doing okay with it online so far and I think I have a good handle of it. It's #1 in my favourite list. Now I'm going to try and find someone else to groove with!

Shouta

I'd recommend GP01Fb new players myself. Very straightforward moveset and very good mobility. Though it is a bit of a technical unit for its higher level stuff.

F91 is very good for learning how to manage multiple weapon types though but it has somewhat low life so you can end up costing your team a bit if you're not careful.

You can't go wrong with the RX-78 though for starting out.

Alrighty, my YesAsia copy has been sent off to my UK address. At least I know it'll be waiting for me when I get back.

USPS said:
Your item cleared customs in SWEDEN at 8:42 pm on December 06, 2011.

Ohhhhh so close. >__<

I'd recommend GP01Fb new players myself. Very straightforward moveset and very good mobility. Though it is a bit of a technical unit for its higher level stuff.

F91 is very good for learning how to manage multiple weapon types though but it has somewhat low life so you can end up costing your team a bit if you're not careful.

You can't go wrong with the RX-78 though for starting out.

Maybe I should stick with GP01Fb for a little longer. I did like playing as F91 but yeah the low life makes the learning curve pretty high. It does seem like he can deal out some badass damage when you do get into a groove.

I really like that vertical flip command move that GP01Fb has though. It seems like it could be used in interesting ways to juggle/extend combos, plus allowing you an extra tiny bit of agility to keep opponents guessing.

Shouta

Maybe I should stick with GP01Fb for a little longer. I did like playing as F91 but yeah the low life makes the learning curve pretty high. It does seem like he can deal out some badass damage when you do get into a groove.

I really like that vertical flip command move that GP01Fb has though. It seems like it could be used in interesting ways to juggle/extend combos, plus allowing you an extra tiny bit of agility to keep opponents guessing.

The vertical lift doesn't really help with combos but it does mess with people's locks when they're firing at you which makes it good for dodging at times.

The vertical lift doesn't really help with combos but it does mess with people's locks when they're firing at you which makes it good for dodging at times.

Awesome that is what I was mainly using it for last night. I never did successfully extend a combo but it seems like combining the move with his charge melee attack allows you to easily dodge a melee attack and counter them. I think I only pulled it off successfully once though.

USPS said:
Your Item's Status
Your item could not be delivered on December 07, 2011 at 7:05 am in SWEDEN It is scheduled for another delivery attempt today.

WTF?!?! So early you bastards, I wasn't even awake or at the office yet!

Congrats Matt! Glad you finally got it.

Thanks man! I was beyond happy to get this!

I was so pumped I fired up my front projector and played for what I thought was an hour (it was really 2). I had to play it on the big screen!

So far I'm terrible but I'm adjusting (It's nice having friends in the arcade to bail you out HA AH). I'm using my Hori joystick and I think I'll stick with it. I haven't tried using the pad but I think since I played this in the arcade, it will be easier to adjust.

matmanx1

Regarding the DLC, will I need to get all of that from the HK store for my Asian version or will DLC d/l from the JPN store work on my Asian version? I've actually got some money left in my wallet o the JPN store so it would be nice if it worked!

Poor donkey show, couldn't cope with the reality of holding the game in his hands and lost his mind. Posting gifs from Seed is his only way to cry out for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom