• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU Gundam League! You might want to check your Yes-Asia shipments if you had express delivery. I looked at mine just now and it's out for delivery to my work in the UK.
matmanx1 said:
Anyone have the various requirements mapped out for S ranking the trials yet? I'm not very far in but there's already a couple that are eluding me despite the fact that I feel like I am performing them flawlessly. I'm sure it's just something I'm not doing in the mission or something I'm killing out of order but my Japanese isn't great. =/
It's all about efficiency really. Make sure you kill most of the units as fast as possible without dying. An easy way to ensure the first point is to remove your helper unit in the mission menu before you start trial.

Astery

Considering how tough trial mission emblem battles are in the &#19968;&#33324;&#20853; difficulty without upgrading your units, I can see the next two difficulties getting painful >_<
Yep, more 3 or 4 vs 1, while they are all in extreme mode from beginning to end. It's cheating D:
Well, at least I still haven't seen vs all forms of Extreme Gundam at once. yet.

Atcha

Internet sharing off my MBP is set up in my hotel room...

smallexvs.png

MY BODY IS FUCKING READY!!!
(yes, the TV in the room is shit)

Nah, the player base will be rather constant in Japan at the very least. With playable DLC units and the arcade sequel not being ready until 2013, this game will stick for a bit.

As for online in the EU, I'll try it out in a bit, but I can't promise anything considering I'm currently internet sharing with my MBP as the only has one Ethernet cable and no WiFi.

Sieg Bernie Mac!

Kinda looks all over the place. Needs more stars and stripes.

:crazy:

JKTrix

An easy way to ensure the first point is to remove your helper unit in the mission menu before you start trial.

AI units are pretty decent at not getting hit if you set them to Evade. They can distract your enemies and not kill any of them, so it's mostly win/win.

I do what is necessary for dat Gundam.

AI units are pretty decent at not getting hit if you set them to Evade. They can distract your enemies and not kill any of them, so it's mostly win/win.

True. They do get the hell out of dodge when you set them to Avoid in normal matches.

Also, if you want to see Blue Destiny Unit 1 and Arche... along with what looks like Ranked Matches: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/12/ps3-mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs.html

how much is BD1's unit cost? 1000 I guess? Another machine gun as main weapon unit :\
I wonder how will it be like playing as BD1, since you know, the pilot stays silent forever lol.

Looks like to be at least 2000 since all the screens with it have at least 500 hp. Plus Yuu Kajima has been voiced before, lol.

So where were the ranked matches online? I was on at 9PM EST, and I couldn't find a match?!? I then decided to to some missions, play random characters through arcade mode. Came back, and couldn't connect to any matches online.

My bars were showing yellow if that means anything...

I guess I'll have to game later?

So where were the ranked matches online? I was on at 9PM EST, and I couldn't find a match?!? I then decided to to some missions, play random characters through arcade mode. Came back, and couldn't connect to any matches online.

My bars were showing yellow if that means anything...

I guess I'll have to game later?

Ranked matches are coming in on the 22nd. It's only Player Matches at the moment. I know Shouta touched on this recently regarding JPs kicking out red connections, so is it possible to lock out players based on connections versus kicking them out manually? There were lots of red lobbies I would get rejected to immediately without viewing the lobby, but I'd be able to jump into a couple and play for a bit until I'd get kicked out.

Also about your yellow connection, mine at the hotel goes from yellow to light blue and I think I am seen by people in Japan as red as they are all red to me. Our overall connection whenever we would play a match would be red, granted it never felt unplayable at all. When I played people from the states, they showed up as yellow and our matches were yellow. Pretty sure distance is a big factor in determining what other players view your connection, whereas what you see on the main player match page is the strength of your connection to the servers or something like that.

I'll be back at the hotel in about 4 some hours ready for a couple matches if you're down. I'll send you a PSN friend invite since my list is full right now. >__<

EDIT: I don't see your PSN in the community list. What is it?

Ah that makes total sense now...Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll take my beatings to player matches if I get a chance to get on later...

Astery

I guess this is ok to post here, new info on Gundam EXVS full boost
- AC ver begins 2012 April
- introduces pay to use units to increase profit
- no new system mechanic
- all units have extreme attack
- tons of new units and stages, all existing units and stages in EXVS PS3 will be in
Part of new/ returning units:
Zeong (cost 2000)
Gyan (cost 2000)
The O (cost 2500)
Strike Noir (cost 2500)
&#12460;&#12531;&#12480;&#12512;&#12473;&#12525;&#12540;&#12493; Throne?
Stargazer
BD1

Bandai set to milk and start ruining the series afterwards.

- no new system mechanic
- tons of new units and stages, all existing units and stages in EXVS PS3 will be in
Zeong (cost 2000)
Gyan (cost 2000)
The O (cost 2500)
Strike Noir (cost 2500)
Stargazer
BD1

Wow, pay to use units? Like on top of what you pay already to play? League of Legends, but not freemium, lol.

Since The O and BD-1 are already going to be DLC in this game, makes me wonder if we'll see those other ones as future DLC. I'd pay to get Strike Noir in EXVS. :3

But where did you get that info? Didn't they say the new Full Boost mechanic was supposed to be like a new boost mechanic that like an alpha counter?

Astery

Wow, pay to use units? Like on top of what you pay already to play? League of Legends, but not freemium, lol.

Well, given that it's Bandai Namco, not really surprising about that. X(

Since The O and BD-1 are already going to be DLC in this game, makes me wonder if we'll see those other ones as future DLC. I'd pay to get Strike Noir in EXVS. :3

But where did you get that info? Didn't they say the new Full Boost mechanic was supposed to be like a new boost mechanic that like an alpha counter?

source here: http://www.aemedia.org/2011/11/tbs-1-9773.html

Ezalc

- no new system mechanic
Zeong (cost 2000)
Gyan (cost 2000)
The O (cost 2500)
Strike Noir (cost 2500)
Stargazer
BD1

Hand.... burning. Hope....rising.

JKTrix

I was in the IRC chat room of the site that guy belongs to, it was interesting seeing the prototype screenshots and having them debate over whether it would be a wiki or a google doc or just a text file.

I stopped playing some hours ago, but I'm noticing that my fingers twitch like I'm boost dashing whenever my hands are idle. My right ring finger is getting such a workout.

d0c_zaius

Added my name to the list in the OT. Could I also get an invite to the PSN chat room?

thanks!

I'll probably spend today figuring out control specifics, but I'll be looking to play against people pretty regularly starting tomorrow.

DS expect to see a lot of Seabook :p don't really know how to use anyone else yet.

Off topic but I thought Seabook Arno was the weirdest / coolest name in the Gundam universe so I stole it for my shaman in EverQuest. :p

I remember seeing a Gundam based guild on my server but the two members of it never replied to my messages. :p

Last night I played a bit with some US players and had fun. I was using RX-78 and was surprised how much I like the unit. He's pretty awesome :). I have not touched Trial Mode yet so maybe I'll do some of that later.

Bebpo

Banned
lol, so NOW they all get Extreme Burst Attacks :| They should sell an extreme burst attack pack DLC :p

DLC units I'd love to have:
-Stargazer
-Freedom
-Impulse
-Main dude from Gunpla Builders with the Turn A moonlight butterfly style wings
-BEARGUY from Gunpla Builders
-Remaining 2 Astray units from Astray manga (gold & purple I think?)
-More G Gundam units
-Flag Fighter Graham
-Sergei in one of those Tier~~ awesome realistic zaku grunts from OO

It's all about efficiency really. Make sure you kill most of the units as fast as possible without dying. An easy way to ensure the first point is to remove your helper unit in the mission menu before you start trial.

Actually there's not a lot of pressure in getting S ranks. Better to take your time and play carefully.

S rank 99% of the time just means:
-Killed all enemies
-No deaths or partner deaths

Also a good trick I noticed in using the AI to your advantage is when you're fighting grunts have the AI target the same enemy as you so you waste them quickly without either of you taking much damage, then when the real enemies show up, set your AI to deal with the opposite enemy that you are targeting so that you don't get 2v1 swatted and can stick to 1v1 fight and then go 2v1 on the remaining enemy with your AI partner.

Deadly

lol, so NOW they all get Extreme Burst Attacks :| They should sell an extreme burst attack pack DLC :p

-Stargazer
-Freedom
-Impulse
-More G Gundam units
-Flag Fighter Graham
You can cross out Freedom since we already know that's coming.

Only Astray remaining is Gold and oh my god to finally see that unit in action....

Bebpo

Banned
IIRC from the Astray manga there's the blond kid and his Gundam & then there's the long-haired bad guy and their Gundam?

Ezalc

-Stargazer
-Freedom
-Impulse
-More G Gundam units
-Flag Fighter Graham

Boxing Police Cowboy G Gundam ftw. Quoted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Gundam Freedom might actually be more awesome than Gundam Maxter?

9ZuqH.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I think I was talking about Dreadnaught & Gold Frame. I dunno, been a while since I read through the Astray mangas.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Just played my first matches with JKTrix, levyanime, and donkey show. Thanks for the games guys, and apologies to my teammate(s), haha.

JK told me something about boosting in-between shots to increase the firing rate; is that the Boost Dash or the Step? Couldn't really ask him cause we were in-between matches. Also, is there anywhere I could go to learn more about how to play the Qubeleys better? I'm reading through the GameFAQs page right now.

JKTrix

Real talk though, I hope that place that called me for a job while we were playing calls me back tomorrow like they said they would, lol.

Yeah Kyoji, that was Boost Dashing which works best for ranged weapons. Stepping is double tapping a direction. You can use that to cancel melee combos into another melee combo.

Shouta

Wow, pay to use units for Full Boost. I guess it's a good thing I'm leaving Japan then! Damn Bandai. I'll just have to wait for the eventual port.

I'm thinking may be we should merge the chatroom into 1 and use yours instead, as my chat room is pretty empty, not sure if it's due to my time zone :p. I tried to add you to my friend list but your list is full X).

My bad for not answering earlier. Was caught up with JKTrix in a game. But yeah, we can merge them if you want. JKTrix, levy, and Kyouji are all in so if I'm not on, they can hook you up.

Just played my first matches with JKTrix, levyanime, and donkey show. Thanks for the games guys, and apologies to my teammate(s), haha.

No worries man! Those matches were fun. You'll get the hang of the boost dash and stepping in no time. =)

Will play this game based on this gif alone

Success. :3

Shouta said:
Wow, pay to use units for Full Boost. I guess it's a good thing I'm leaving Japan then! Damn Bandai. I'll just have to wait for the eventual port.

Scamco at its finest. Although I wouldn't mind if they pulled an AE-like DLC with EXVS to Full Boost.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't get how you'd have pay-to-use units in an arcade game. You're already paying to play the match right? Is it saying the amount you pay to play the match depends on the unit?

So instead of $1 per game. It's like $1 = 1000 cost and for a 3000 cost unit you need to pay $3?

Shouta

I don't get how you'd have pay-to-use units in an arcade game. You're already paying to play the match right? Is it saying the amount you pay to play the match depends on the unit?

So instead of $1 per game. It's like $1 = 1000 cost and for a 3000 cost unit you need to pay $3?

No, it's probably going to be based on the IC Card. You pay for access to the unit through your cellphone.

Shouta

Explain in america-land english where our phones are not from the future plz

Uh, it's not hard to understand. IC cards are registered on a website that's specific to cellphones. That info is then registered to your cellphone. They then charge you a monthly for the services (custom shit, stats/favorites) straight to your phone bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom