• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
So are you saying you would "buy" the use of a certain mech for like 500yen and then be able to use it on any machine?

So if you started up the arcade machine without one of these IC card/phone things a whole bunch of units would be greyed out and you couldn't use them?

Are there already arcade machines like this?

squall23

It could also be like the Maximum Tune system. Buy a card and that card has your data on it. Your car, you name, your w/l, etc.

Shouta

So are you saying you would "buy" the use of a certain mech for like 500yen and then be able to use it on any machine?

So if you started up the arcade machine without one of these IC card/phone things a whole bunch of units would be greyed out and you couldn't use them?

Are there already arcade machines like this?

You really did avoid arcades over here!

But yes, it may be that some units will be grayed out or unavailable if you play it without a card or with a card that hasn't purchased it. They'll appear if you use a card that has purchased the units. Unlocking units/stuff isn't new to JP arcade games and IC cards have been around for ages in Japan.

In most cases, at least off the top of my head, folks simply unlock the usage of things by playing the game. DBZ Zenkai Battle Royale has units that are unlocked the more you play with an IC card for example. If you didn't use a card, you'd be limited to a certain set of the characters. Full Boost will probably be the same, except you'll pay for them directly instead of unlocking them through play time.

Bebpo

Banned
The newest machine my Japanese arcades had was probably VF4. I had to go an hour by train to play VF5R which was the latest game at the time!

I played a Gundam Vs. game once in the arcades...when I was in a train station in Kyoto. Picked Freedom Gundam and lost in like 20 seconds :X

JKTrix

I'm in love with Luna now. So good. :3
I was going to drift her way eventually since her voice actress is my favourite, though she broke my nerd heart by announcing she married Shinn's voice actor the day before my birthday.

So between that and not liking Seed much, I haven't quite made it to her yet.

matmanx1

Actually there's not a lot of pressure in getting S ranks. Better to take your time and play carefully.

S rank 99% of the time just means:
-Killed all enemies
-No deaths or partner deaths

Also a good trick I noticed in using the AI to your advantage is when you're fighting grunts have the AI target the same enemy as you so you waste them quickly without either of you taking much damage, then when the real enemies show up, set your AI to deal with the opposite enemy that you are targeting so that you don't get 2v1 swatted and can stick to 1v1 fight and then go 2v1 on the remaining enemy with your AI partner.

Alright so what's my problem with the 5th Trial Mission (5th in a row across the top) that I can't seem to S rank it? Do you have to do it in a certain amount of time and perform a rainbow step or something? Because I can clear it with 100 seconds remaining on the clock and while taking only 1 or 2 hits and it's still only giving me an A rank. The reason I ask about the rainbow step is that when you start that mission up there's a quick tutorial card that flashes up that features the rainbow step (at least, I think that's what they are showing). Unfortunately I seem to have a difficult time with that move while playing as the Heavyarms and probably need to use a different unit with some melee skills.

JKTrix

Alright so what's my problem with the 5th Trial Mission (5th in a row across the top) that I can't seem to S rank it? Do you have to do it in a certain amount of time and perform a rainbow step or something? Because I can clear it with 100 seconds remaining on the clock and while taking only 1 or 2 hits and it's still only giving me an A rank. The reason I ask about the rainbow step is that when you start that mission up there's a quick tutorial card that flashes up that features the rainbow step (at least, I think that's what they are showing). Unfortunately I seem to have a difficult time with that move while playing as the Heavyarms and probably need to use a different unit with some melee skills.

That tutorial just shows you the normal step. The normal step makes ranged weapons lose their tracking, so if you see one of those guys shoot at you and you step, it shouldn't hit you.

I'll try it with Heavyarms (who I haven't upgraded at all) and see if I can provide more specific tips.

Bamco sure didn't make it easy to specify what each trial is.

Edit: In case anyone else was wondering since I spoke to him on PSN: best way to get S in that mission is to not get hit at all. You might get away with getting hit once if you kill them fast enough.

Bebpo

Banned
About to throw controller through the window

HOW do you beat the mission in 一般兵 difficulty on the far right side of the map where the enemies all fly at you and try to explode themselves on you? 2-3 of them hit you and you're dead and you need to kill 20 or something. They have tons of armor so it's not like you can just kill them before they hit you. When they're flying straight at you, wtf are you supposed to do?? I'm not even surviving 15 seconds.

JKTrix

HOW do you beat the mission in 一般兵 difficulty on the far right side of the map where the enemies all fly at you and try to explode themselves on you? 2-3 of them hit you and you're dead and you need to kill 20 or something. They have tons of armor so it's not like you can just kill them before they hit you. When they're flying straight at you, wtf are you supposed to do?? I'm not even surviving 15 seconds.

Put your back in the corner and block if they get too close. You take no damage from blocking, and when they self-destruct it counts towards your score.

:lol That mission is a bitch. I was trying to beat it last night but finally gave up.

Shouta

You can block the explosions or alternatively, you can run from the explosions by getting close and then puling back when they start up the animation. It takes a little bit of practice but you should be able to lure them to explode.

Bebpo

Banned
God Gundam vs. normal Gundams is awesome

God Gundam vs. Lock-on in GN-Armor is not

Still kicked his flying MA ass with melee :)

Bebpo

Banned
Messed around with F91/V/G/Wing units tonight while doing some more trial mission stuff.

Wing Gundam - What does his evade weapon do besides just ummm, dodging in a direction? He seems kind of sucky. His normal gun is slow, he has 1 slow recharge beam, and nothing else? Tallgeese seemed like a better version of him.

God Gundam - What do the back+melee clones do?

F91 - What does going in the glowing stance do?

Also, what the heck is Deathscythe throwing at the enemy? The grunt bad guys from EW?

It's throwing a Taurus. You come up with a main yet?

Good to see Ranked Matches are finally in now after the 22nd. Arche (2500) and BD-1 (2000) look like they're going to be lots of fun. It makes it more fitting I threw this Gundam 00 track in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DezbAJ0DSGI Now Lockon vs Ali will be super awesome. :D

Also replaced the Seed Astray track with this Seed Destiny track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpbVPdAfrb0 If there's one thing Destiny did exceedingly well, it was the OST (minus vocal tracks and Ignite).

Hey Shouta, can you tell me about Forbidden in this game? He looks pretty good and I had fun using him in the Seed VS games. Love me some curving beams. It still has beam reflection, right?

Shouta

Messed around with F91/V/G/Wing units tonight while doing some more trial mission stuff.

Wing Gundam - What does his evade weapon do besides just ummm, dodging in a direction? He seems kind of sucky. His normal gun is slow, he has 1 slow recharge beam, and nothing else? Tallgeese seemed like a better version of him.

God Gundam - What do the back+melee clones do?

F91 - What does going in the glowing stance do?

Wing Zero - TG is generally considered the better unit in this game. His jump is mostly used as an emergency dodge or a way of traveling a distance fast. His normal gun comes out a little slow but does big damage and stuns instantly if you land it. He can still be pretty dangerous though, I've gotten a lot of wins with him online.

God - Shadows are a form of protection. They'll absorb one BR/BZ shot per shadow. You generally want to use them as you get close to an enemy.

F91 - MEPE mode. It generates an afterimage when an enemy shoots/melee at you that throws off their targeting even at close range. It's not 100% perfect but it does the job almost all the time.

It's throwing a Taurus. You come up with a main yet?

Hey Shouta, can you tell me about Forbidden in this game? He looks pretty good and I had fun using him in the Seed VS games. Love me some curving beams.

Indeed, it is a Taurus.

Forbidden used to be one of the top units in the game but they nerfed him a bit. He's still pretty strong though, fast charging assists, fast and strong main weapon (and it's real ammo so beam protection is useless), and a solid sub makes him a really good support unit.

Forbidden used to be one of the top units in the game but they nerfed him a bit. He's still pretty strong though, fast charging assists, fast and strong main weapon (and it's real ammo so beam protection is useless), and a solid sub makes him a really good support unit.

Sounds sexy. I work better as support than point anyway, so this sounds like good times. His shield still reflect lasers like before (at least I thought it did in Seed VS)?

I don't think it does.

A shame, but I'll live with it.

As for this:

ajmd0.png

Who is the target?

squall23

Reflecting BRs would be kinda stupid unless it was a premiere ability like say Akatsuki.
Well, I didn't mean beam reflecting per se, I meant gaming in general. Sometimes, I just want to play games based on anime where the characters aren't toned down to balance out the games.

I want to be able to use a V2AB that can accelerate up to 20Gs, that has layers upon layers of uber beam defence while spamming more beams than Strike Freedom ever could, and grow a pair of wings that are 1 km long each. I want to use a Turn A that can literally destroy things just by flying over them. I want to use Super Robots that aren't slow hulking tanks, but tanks that can teleport all over the place while destroying planets.

I'm not saying I hate game balancing (I do play competitive multiplayer games after all), but sometimes I'm just tired of the crap that the developers throw at us.

Off topic but I thought Seabook Arno was the weirdest / coolest name in the Gundam universe so I stole it for my shaman in EverQuest. :p

Nope that honor goes to quattro bageena lol

On topic I have still been just maining my Gouf custom online. My defense game still sucks so I just go with mad suicide rushes. :)

I am trying desparately to get my ratio with that suit ABOVE 50%. Then I may start experimenting with more suits. I did try last night to play some more matches as gp01 but I just can't find a rhythm. It's too bad because I really love Stardust Memory.

Maybe we will get a gp03 dlc suit. :O

quattro being real word instead of made up gobbledygook disqualifies it by default.

I mean you type in quattro into google search and how many results is it going to be before you find out that he is a char? Now you type in Seabook and bam the you get the top two results.

But lets look in the bright side. At least none of the characters are named Pol Potaria.

Astery

Kinda hilarious nothing about AGE has been mentioned in any of the DLC yet.

Not feasible I guess, likely to be in full boost, tho I won't give two cents about it.

DLC trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXdokzuWdEs

Freaking love the evil laugh from Blue Destiny's pilot.

BD1 looks complicated, I'm getting a Kampfer vibe from it.

My bad for not answering earlier. Was caught up with JKTrix in a game. But yeah, we can merge them if you want. JKTrix, levy, and Kyouji are all in so if I'm not on, they can hook you up.

nice, just send me an invite and I'll invite others over from my chat room as well :)

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
I may have missed it, but is the Ranked match DLC going to be free on the 22nd or a paid addition?

(still waiting... always waiting...)

quattro being real word instead of made up gobbledygook disqualifies it by default.

I mean you type in quattro into google search and how many results is it going to be before you find out that he is a char? Now you type in Seabook and bam the you get the top two results.

But lets look in the bright side. At least none of the characters are named Pol Potaria.

Haha but Gundam is full of made up gobbledygook names!

Actually I take my vote back anyway. South Burning is definitely the best gundam name.

Also BD1 looks hot. How many suits are we supposed to get free before they start nickel and diming us?

Or wait are none of the suits free?

tumblr_ltx1z3atv11qckcfjo1_500.png

Maybe we will get a gp03 dlc suit. :O

Gerbera Tetra first!

hilarious, convenient, or purposeful?

As duckroll would put it, "lol Hino."

send me an invite and I'll invite others over from my chat room as well :)

Cool deal! I'll send the invite when I get back home from work tonight.

BudokaiMR2 said:
How many suits are we supposed to get free before they start nickel and diming us?

None. 500 moonbucks each. =P

Lol is that real?

Char would beat the hell out of quattro vaginas.

Also yeah I would settle for Gerbera tetra :D

I'm probably going to be playing all night and until the early morning now that I am home. Work can wait for tomorrow.

Lol is that real?

Char would beat the hell out of quattro vaginas.

Also yeah I would settle for Gerbera tetra :D

I'm probably going to be playing all night and until the early morning now that I am home. Work can wait for tomorrow.

Nice. I'll try to get a hold of you if you're still on when I get back from work. =)

And yeah, that's from the PS1 Char's Counterattack game. I remember getting it way back when and couldn't stop laughing when I first saw Quattro's name come up in the select screen.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Oh yes it's very real, I have the game on PS1 and played it before I saw Zeta and learned his proper spelling, all thoes years with the wonky name XD

At least thoes not willing to pay the money for the suits can see them in action, dangled in front of them like a carrot in the new free trial missions... "look what you want, see its beating you up until you pay it to stop~"

Coxy

Haha, I'm really hoping that happens now. BTW, you get your copy yet?

nope, waited in for the post and everything, it's in the sorting depot but hasnt been sent out for delivery, looks like I wont be on until next week :( But I have no work until the new year so hopefully I'll catch up quick :)

nope, waited in for the post and everything, it's in the sorting depot but hasnt been sent out for delivery, looks like I wont be on until next week :( But I have no work until the new year so hopefully I'll catch up quick :)

Hopefully you get it soon, like tomorrow. If YesAsia had their shit together and sent it last week when they were supposed to, pretty much most of the EUGL
Euro Gundam Leauge, lol
would've had it already.

What game is this?

Char's Counterattack

matmanx1

What game is this?

It's freakin histerical is what it is. I love it.

In other news, big thanks to JKTrix for showing me and amishpriest the ropes in online mode last night. It was much appreciated. I have a new appreciation for the depth and speed of the competitive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom