• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

F91 - MEPE mode. It generates an afterimage when an enemy shoots/melee at you that throws off their targeting even at close range. It's not 100% perfect but it does the job almost all the time.
More specifically (since this is my one specialty in the game) it generates an afterimage every time you jump or dash.

You get some new/modified attacks too:
Normally you have one AB shot, but in MEPE mode you get 2. It reloads instantly when you transform. So you could, theoretically, do one AB shot then cancel into MEPE transform then cancel into 2 more AB shots. That 'combo' is not so useful against normal sized units because if you hit with the first shot, they get knocked down. But it's a good way to deal big damage to slow mobile armours.

Your 2B melee string also gets 3 hits instead of 2 in normal mode, though you can't follow up the 3rd hit with a shot like you can in normal mode.

Finally you get a wide sweeping melee attack on BC which is completely exclusive to MEPE mode. It's probably its strongest single melee attack. You can combo 3 of these together too.

Nice! I'll post when the room is up. I have like another 30 minute before I get out of work... then WEEKENDU GANDAAAMUUUUUUU!!!

Man Online Gaf is going to be having a blast in a bit, and I get to sit at my work desk, to finish this report...Yes I'm jelly...

To destroy your productivity, watch this live stream of online matches: http://www.twitch.tv/nufa :p

I'm down. I'm so ass though.

It's all good! BTW, do I have your PSN? Totally don't remember. :(

matmanx1

Word! Hope we can get a full lobby of Gundam-GAF today. =) Definitely want to mess around with Forbidden and see if I like him like I did in Seed VS.

I'm at work or I would totally be there. Still, at least I get to check Gaf frequently!

I played Forbidden in a couple of matches last night. He feels a little cumbersome for my tastes but I can see how he could cause some damage in the right hands. His normal atk has a slight delay but you get twin beams instead of just one. His Master Gundam summons is great if you catch someone with it while the other summons (looked like someone with a bazooka round?) I wasn't able to ever land effectively. And of course, he looks sort of odd with that big round disc on his back. Crab gundam, perhaps?

He is fun to play though!

Beth Cyra

Well looks like I got lucky and the shipment is getting here quickly because it's out for deliviry.

One last thing, Shouta, is Rolling Twin Buster Rifle any good? It's weird, it never focuses the beams on the enemy but you spin it at them, but it's spin speed seems kinda slow.

When I watch people use it vids 90 percent of the time they are shot out of it or have to dash before it can land. Is there a good setup for it? Or just something to not really worry about?
'

We need moar! GGs out there guys! Although I didn't get to play with _dementia yet. :(

Astery loves Dragon's flags, btw. xD

Well looks like I got lucky and the shipment is getting here quickly because it's out for deliviry.

Dude, get online when you get it!

Wife is working from home until 4pm Seattle time, but I should be home around 2pm so I can play for a couple hours until we go out for date night.

Beth Cyra

We need moar! GGs out there guys! Although I didn't get to play with _dementia yet. :(

Taking my family out for a play date today, that however won't stop me from being all over this weekend.

Can't fucking wait.

LegatoB

I badly need to play this with human beings so I can learn something. Someone toss "botagel" on PSN a chat invite, and when I get home after 6pm EST or so maybe we can see the tears of time.

I badly need to play this with human beings so I can learn something. Someone toss "botagel" on PSN a chat invite, and when I get home after 6pm EST or so maybe we can see the tears of time.

Will do. :)

And just got my 100 matches trophy. Now for the 100 wins... >__>

In other news, big thanks to JKTrix for showing me and amishpriest the ropes in online mode last night. It was much appreciated. I have a new appreciation for the depth and speed of the competitive game.

Same here...thanks JKTrix. I feel like I've already got a much better grasp on things, particularly step canceling. I'm a lot more comfortable with melee focused suits like Dragon.

Probably won't have time tonight to be on though - late at work then up early tomorrow :/. But whatever Gundam I can get out of this weekend I will!

Shouta

I'm up for some online tonight if anyone wants to. Off today and it's 7am right now though I may go back to sleep for a few hours, heh.

Astery

hey, at least NT1 blocks out the stuns with full armor on :D, she's just hopeless in attack power >_>.

Bebpo

Banned
Would love to play with you guys but I'm hosting a business mixer along with my co-workers until midnight and then gotta clean up and go to a 2 part funeral on sat/sun.

So not much gaming this weekend :(

I'm brewing beer all day tomorrow and then my wife and I are hosting a party later that night. Maybe I'll get some gaming in tonight or on Sunday before football starts.

Shouta

One last thing, Shouta, is Rolling Twin Buster Rifle any good? It's weird, it never focuses the beams on the enemy but you spin it at them, but it's spin speed seems kinda slow.

When I watch people use it vids 90 percent of the time they are shot out of it or have to dash before it can land. Is there a good setup for it? Or just something to not really worry about?
'

The RBR can be good if you use it as a sneak attack or if your oponents are distracted. One BR shot and it stops you though but it does have a shield effect when the wings are place down before the the move.

Can I get an invite from some one for anything? I think my PSN id is the same as the nickhame here "Lostconfused"

But seriously no idea how this works because I never played any online ps3 games.

Can I get an invite from some one for anything? I think my PSN id is the same as the nickhame here "Lostconfused"

But seriously no idea how this works because I never played any online ps3 games.

Just sent a bunch of shit your way on PSN. You better be on! :p

EDIT: And there you are. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom