• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ggs everyone! And thanks for the 100 wins trophy as well! :p

Damn Shouta being beast at pretty much all the suits. >__> As for melee, is there any better way to counter, than just hope you rainbow step enough for it to connect? I'm so ass at that!

We'll definitely hook up later, but it's nearly 6 AM here...

Jomjom

Banned
On a scale of Hannah Montana to Warhawk, how easy is this game to plat?

Yes I have gotten the platinum for Hannah Montana.

Shouta

gg everyone that was fun. i take a guess the red bar person was shouta because he pretty much was on another skill level.

Hah, yeah. I was the red bar to you guys but you were all red bar to me!

The lag makes it a little difficult to do very quick movements which is why I kept eating Donkey's A attack when he was using Gunner Zaku. I usually dodge that shit but ergh!

Yeah that was pretty fun. My first few successful online matches I think.

Hopefully I can get a better connection sometime later so it won't be as laggy.

On a scale of Hannah Montana to Warhawk, how easy is this game to plat?

Yes I have gotten the platinum for Hannah Montana.

Doesn't seem hard so far, just time consuming.

The only hard one so far seems to be a ten-peat in online battle, but since player match is allowed you could probably boost that one with 3 other people.

Anyone want to help the Japanese impaired?
How do I get this emblem?

iRgB4l.jpg

Tr9ZMl.jpg

If that's the right mission, you have to destroy the Ptolemaios before you defeat both 00 and Cherudim.

EDIT: Doh, beaten. Just set your helper to assist you in attacking the same target. So whenever the ship can be targeted, you'll have more than just your chakram and ball of doom.

Thanks guys. I didn't even know you could attack the ship, lol
No prob! So are you sticking with Gouf Custom?

I also found a google doc on some emblem requirements. It wasn't all of them, but I'll post it when I get back from lunch.
Shouta said:
The lag makes it a little difficult to do very quick movements which is why I kept eating Donkey's A attack when he was using Gunner Zaku. I usually dodge that shit but ergh!
I accept that handicap. :p

No prob! So are you sticking with Gouf Custom?

Yeah. Grappling hooks and gattling guns, goddamn. I love the Gouf design so much, and that cockpit stab melee, UNF.
It also helps that it's a 1k unit, so my level of suck doesn't handicap the team too much.

Gimme two some odd hours and I'll host again if you guys like.
Woohoo. I'm going to the gym shortly, but you bet I'll join you if there's room once I return.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Thanks for the games dementia, LegatoB, and donkey. Once again, apologies to my teammate; whoever was on my team usually had their winning streak dashed. Still feel like I'm just mashing buttons.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to fight dementia's Gouf. I try and wait for his landings, but usually just fuck up.

Tain

omg omg omg

Turns out I'm getting this as an early Christmas gift really soon! My girlfriend balls too hard sometimes.

Now, to decide if it will be worth it to go through the hassle of finding an acceptably fast PS2->PS3 USB adapter for my PS2 joysticks.

GGs everyone! Still getting the hang of X-1 Full Cloth, but I'm feeling a lot more confident in my melee now. Looks like everyone is getting better though. :)

omg omg omg

Turns out I'm getting this as an early Christmas gift really soon! My girlfriend balls too hard sometimes.

Now, to decide if it will be worth it to go through the hassle of finding an acceptably fast PS2->PS3 USB adapter for my PS2 joysticks.

Not much of a hassle, just check out etokki.com and pick up theirs. Laugh owns the store and thier converter is community backed as being lag-free.

So guys, how do you save replays? I found the lock feature easily enough, but I man for portability and posterity's sake.

So guys, how do you save replays? I found the lock feature easily enough, but I man for portability and posterity's sake.

Are you talking about the replay function that's in the briefing room? If you are, it's the 2nd option in the briefing room menu and it should have the last 100 matches you've played.

EDIT: Ah I see what you're talking about. I'll see if I can find out.

Yeah, it doesn't look like can save it to your HD or anything like that. =/

EDIT: On another note, how do you activate your customized shortcuts? I hold L1 down and press the d-pad, but I just get moon language instead of the things I typed.

d0c_zaius

Just got my first online battles under my belt finally, and I was really impressed with the connection quality and how everything felt the same as offline. Of course I had to think 1v1 was a mode and not just a matter of turning the CPU to sleep:(

I think I was playing against Donkey Show, if so thanks for the invite!

Ezalc

I wish I could watch these streams smoothly but combined with my horrible internet and the fact that I'm in another continent the stream is always laggy. Any of you guys could maybe upload a match to youtube or something? :/

It's lagging a bit right now. Do I have to let it buffer or something?

Yeah, just give it a bit. xero streamed at a high bitrate to get dat 60 fps, so there's a bit more than the usual stream.

d0c_zaius said:
I think I was playing against Donkey Show, if so thanks for the invite!

No prob! And get your stick set up for next time. :p

Ezalc

Ah alright, yeah if I wait a while it's good. I didn't know this player was one of the types where you have to wait and buffer.

Game looks damn good, seriously makes me want to buy it. Alas no moneys and no spiegel make me unable to do so. No red zaku disappoints me a bit as well though the Gouf custom looks like he plays pretty much the same as Char's Zaku in GvGNP.

Kusano123

Neo Member
oh man, 4 accguys = hilarity.

GGs to you, Fall and my friend.

Accguy battle royale was some INTENSE SHIT, LOL! I was just mashing sub weapons like a mad man and hoping that one of them will hit XD. Man, I didn't even know it was you who smacked my back at the end. It was a glorious battle~

Oh yea, which of susanoo's melee attacks have the highest priority? I saw a video of a japanese player who kept spinning it like a top with side BC. But I feel like that move is a bit slow and has soso tracking.

Shouta

GGs to you, Fall and my friend.

Accguy battle royale was some INTENSE SHIT, LOL! I was just mashing sub weapons like a mad man and hoping that one of them will hit XD. Man, I didn't even know it was you who smacked my back at the end. It was a glorious battle~

Oh yea, which of susanoo's melee attacks have the highest priority? I saw a video of a japanese player who kept spinning it like a top with side BC. But I feel like that move is a bit slow and has soso tracking.

Most folks use the Side BC because it protects against stepping and meleeing Susanoo in retaliation as I recall. His general priority is fine, you should be leading in with the Tri-Punisher or the Chakram anyway.

ranmafan

I've had this game a few days now and I feel embarrassed calling myself a Gundam fan and didn't have this on my buy list sooner. I guess it's comes down to having not played the series in so long (i played the original during my first year in Japan like crazy ten years ago but missed out on the others), and not playing arcade games lately. But wow, what an amazing game. But I'm so rusty at it. I'm not sure I'm ready for online matches yet, but I can't wait to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom