• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Amplified some of my tracks so that they don't play all low volume like they did before. And I'm getting the hang of Full Cloth's Peacock Smasher. The all-release attack is so quick.

Hopefully we can get some matches in today as well. =)

LegatoB

Hey, guys, somebody's spreading FUD that the Asian and Japanese discs of this game don't share servers again. (Thanks a lot, Initial D.) I have the Japanese disc, has anyone with the Asian disc played against me? I just want to be able to definitively shoot this dumb bullshit down.

Ezalc

If you're asking if this will ever come onto the PSN store, then probably not.

Lmao nah I'm asking if there's a demo for it on JP PSN, made a tiny typo. I don't mind importing the game but I want to play a demo of it first to make sure it justifies the import costs.

Reknoc

Lmao nah I'm asking if there's a demo for it on JP PSN, made a tiny typo. I don't mind importing the game but I want to play a demo of it first to make sure it justifies the import costs.

There's no demo. I wish there was so I could keep myself busy while waiting :(

Ezalc

There's no demo. I wish there was so I could keep myself busy while waiting :(

I think this is so weird. Every fighting game should have a demo. It allows somebody new to try out the game and the fighting mechanics so that they can decide whether or not they'd want to purchase it. Allow like 4 selectable characters just to have some variety unless the roster is really small then allow only 2. The demo is basically one full match with one of the characters you chose and that's it. It introduces you to the game, gives you a chance if you lose the first round to try and get comfortable with the mechanics. You can play the game again to get better but if you do that you'll most likely want the other features the game offers so you'll go out and buy it.

It's ridiculous that only a few fighting games offer demos.

I'm down. What time?

Um, gimme an hour. Gotta eat some dinner first. =)

Hey, guys, somebody's spreading FUD that the Asian and Japanese discs of this game don't share servers again. (Thanks a lot, Initial D.) I have the Japanese disc, has anyone with the Asian disc played against me? I just want to be able to definitively shoot this dumb bullshit down.

I think Astery has the asian version and we've played together for a bit the other day.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Yay! Amplified some of my tracks so that they don't play all low volume like they did before. And I'm getting the hang of Full Cloth's Peacock Smasher. The all-release attack is so quick.

Hopefully we can get some matches in today as well. =)

Looking forward to getting my ass kicked some more. Just let us know when you're about to start up.

Reknoc

I think this is so weird. Every fighting game should have a demo. It allows somebody new to try out the game and the fighting mechanics so that they can decide whether or not they'd want to purchase it. Allow like 4 selectable characters just to have some variety unless the roster is really small then allow only 2. The demo is basically one full match with one of the characters you chose and that's it. It introduces you to the game, gives you a chance if you lose the first round to try and get comfortable with the mechanics. You can play the game again to get better but if you do that you'll most likely want the other features the game offers so you'll go out and buy it.

It's ridiculous that only a few fighting games offer demos.

I guess they felt like they didn't need to since it was already crazy popular, and I guess since it was only below Mario Kart 7 in sales maybe they were right.

Ezalc

I guess they felt like they didn't need to since it was already crazy popular, and I guess since it was only below Mario Kart 7 in sales maybe they were right.

I suppose it makes sense considering they still have the arcade machines over in Japan. I don't know about Asia in general. Sucks for those that decide to import and don't like the game for whatever reason.

Kyouji

Got a room up and playing with BotageL. Feel free to join the chat and I'll invite you, or message me at Pak38.

EDIT: Have 3 people now, come on folks!

Kyouji

Good games all. Haman is not for beginners, lol. I keep forgetting to make full use of her bits and just realised today I could be sending them at both targets. They seem to be extra useful for cutting since green lock doesn't affect them if you allow time for them to approach the target. Still have a really hard time defending against melee and repositioning myself though. Just gotta keep at it, I guess!

Why can't I hold all these bits?

I know that feel.

Hey good games guys. I had to dip for a family outing.

Just 1 win away from 10 consecutive, then I drop it.

amuroray_crying.jpg

But yeah, ggs to everyone. The level of play is definitely stepping up!

Also, here's a nice little vid to watch on learning how to "inertia jump" which helps you lose weapon tracking while getting spammed by weapons and managing the boost gauge.

http://miterew.net/movie/play/sm16362660

matmanx1

I have the Asian version and I played with JKTrix and Amishpriest the other night. Not sure what versions they have but it seems like half my friends list is playing this game right now.

Just 1 win away from 10 consecutive, then I drop it.

amuroray_crying.jpg

But yeah, ggs to everyone. The level of play is definitely stepping up!

Also, here's a nice little vid to watch on learning how to "inertia jump" which helps you lose weapon tracking while getting spammed by weapons and managing the boost gauge.

http://miterew.net/movie/play/sm16362660

I think my highest streak in this was 7, but I can at least relate in other games, LOL.

Definitely will give that video a watch.

JKTrix

I have the Asian version and I played with JKTrix and Amishpriest the other night. Not sure what versions they have but it seems like half my friends list is playing this game right now.
I have the Japanese disc.

I haven't been in the game all weekend! Things are unexpectedly busy...

JKTrix

Got some Trial Missions in, no one was online. Oh well.

Any suggestions on the "Defeat 3 Destroy Gundams" Trial Mission?

Kill the ones with no pilot name first, they are weaker. They start on the left and right, the one in the middle has Stella in it. Then you can focus on the last one without worrying too much about getting overwhelmed.

When she puts up the shield, just go in and melee.

Kill the ones with no pilot name first, they are weaker. They start on the left and right, the one in the middle has Stella in it. Then you can focus on the last one without worrying too much about getting overwhelmed.

When she puts up the shield, just go in and melee.

Thanks. I always went for Stella first. I'd typically get rid of her and another one before the third finished me off.

matmanx1

what's your psn?

Same as my gaf name, matmanx1.

Regarding emblems: Do all emblems have bonus effects attached to them? If so I'm going to need translation help on some of them. It would be nice to know what I'm equipping.

I'm enjoying the gameplay but I'm still in the hunt for a mobile suit that I would like to "main" in the online component. Coming into this game fresh is almost overwhelming because of how different the suits are and how much depth each suit has. The designers did a fantastic job in making each suit feel unique and true to their anime/movie counterparts at the same time. I am loving the attention to detail even as I struggle to become proficient with the game.

ranmafan

I have to agree going in fresh or rusty is quite a challenge. I love it, but I finally tried online, and Im no where near where everyone else is. My timing is terrible. Even when I find a mobile suit I like and feel comfortable with, I'm just getting myself tossed around like crazy. But still, Im just starting out in the game, and Im starting to remember how I played way back in the original game, but I need to really improve.

suko_32

Day 2 of this game and I tried online for the first time. I've played one of the PS2 games before but not too much and only casually. Surprisingly, against other orange-yellow bars it was rather smooth. I even recorded the matches with my PVR just to watch it again and laugh at some of the silly things that happened.

Shouta

Same as my gaf name, matmanx1.

Regarding emblems: Do all emblems have bonus effects attached to them? If so I'm going to need translation help on some of them. It would be nice to know what I'm equipping.

I'm enjoying the gameplay but I'm still in the hunt for a mobile suit that I would like to "main" in the online component. Coming into this game fresh is almost overwhelming because of how different the suits are and how much depth each suit has. The designers did a fantastic job in making each suit feel unique and true to their anime/movie counterparts at the same time. I am loving the attention to detail even as I struggle to become proficient with the game.

None of the Emblms have any special effects attached to them as far as I know. They're mostly for show and to personalize yourself during online maches.

Day 2 of this game and I tried online for the first time. I've played one of the PS2 games before but not too much and only casually. Surprisingly, against other orange-yellow bars it was rather smooth. I even recorded the matches with my PVR just to watch it again and laugh at some of the silly things that happened.

The game records your matches up to a certain point so you don't have to personally record yor matches. You can even change the camera.

suko_32

The game records your matches up to a certain point so you don't have to personally record yor matches. You can even change the camera.

Thanks for the reminder. I actually remembered right after posting too. Although it's stating the obvious, it's definitely more fun playing against others

I can see why some people are saying it's hard to S rank some of these later Trial mode missions.

JKTrix

The emblems themselves don't have any effects, but it seems that skills for trial mode are locked behind the Emblem missions.

So while unlocking an emblem might give you a skill (for trial mode only), the emblem itself doesn't do anything.

Newtype difficulty is no joke.

Bebpo

Banned
Strike seems really good for a 2000 cost unit. Between all his packs he seems damn powerful. Great range lasers and the missiles, good up front melee, solid speed. About the only thing he seems to be missing is an extreme burst attack. Probably going to use him a bit online.

Also liking Harry's gold Sumo from Turn A. He's got a lot of good tools.

Turn A himself seems kind of so-so for being 3000 cost. Any reason his cost is so high?

Shouta

Strike seems really good for a 2000 cost unit. Between all his packs he seems damn powerful. Great range lasers and the missiles, good up front melee, solid speed. About the only thing he seems to be missing is an extreme burst attack. Probably going to use him a bit online.

Also liking Harry's gold Sumo from Turn A. He's got a lot of good tools.

Turn A himself seems kind of so-so for being 3000 cost. Any reason his cost is so high?

Turn A's got some mean melee on him and does pretty good damage when he gets in and he has the highest HP in the game. But the question is if he can get in which can be a bit tough.

Damn I didn't get a chance to play over the weekend at all. I even turned it on a few times but work kept pulling me away. SHIT

Gonna head home at a decent time tonight so I can get some more time in. I still can't find a suit that I am as comfortable with as the Gouf Custom.

Damn I didn't get a chance to play over the weekend at all. I even turned it on a few times but work kept pulling me away. SHIT

Gonna head home at a decent time tonight so I can get some more time in. I still can't find a suit that I am as comfortable with as the Gouf Custom.

You and _dementia should battle it out for the best Gouf pilot in Gundam GAF. :p

Kusano123

Neo Member
Speaking of Gouf, I just got owned the whole night by that freaking thing. After figuring out his Alex, he jumps to Gouf. I feel like I just got destroyed by gimmicks since his bullets just churns out non-stop. When I try to melee, he hits me first most of the time. He runs out of boost....EX BURST! Great, he continues his barrage and I run out of boost. He runs forward with his butter gun and I eventually get pressured into the wall, great. So confused and frustrated at the moment.

Speaking of Gouf, I just got owned the whole night by that freaking thing. After figuring out his Alex, he jumps to Gouf. I feel like I just got destroyed by gimmicks since his bullets just churns out non-stop. When I try to melee, he hits me first most of the time. He runs out of boost....EX BURST! Great, he continues his barrage and I run out of boost. He runs forward with his butter gun and I eventually get pressured into the wall, great. So confused and frustrated at the moment.

What unit are you using?

Kyouji

Anyone playing right now? I'm just idling in the chatroom. Come on in or message Pak38. =)

Shouta

I am but I'm only going to play one more game before getting off. Or until I lose again. On a roll with the Moonlight Butterfly tonight.

New tier list just came out: http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/50741/1323688266/

S フルクロス 運命 ストフリ > クアンタ マスター
A TX 廃ν > UC ν V2
B 00 DX > 羽 髭

S 隠者 > ギス
A 乙 > 黒本
B 死神 神 ケル > ZZ サザ シナ ラファ
C キュベ X2 クシャ

S シャゲ
A フォビ > 龍 スサ ヘビア
B ヴァサ 初代 スモ スト Δ F91 百式 メッサ ガナ > 赤枠 プロビ エクシア 02
C 01

S ザク > 戦車
A 犬 グフ
B ベルガ > Ez8 赤キュベ ヅダ
C アレ アッガイ > ガンイジ

Some of the changes I can see off the bat are Hi-Nu being A rank with Turn X and Raphael being B rank in the 2500s. GP02As moved up from C to B, Dragon's moved down from high A to lower A. Looks like everyone else stayed the same... but I don't see any mention of Blue Frame or Dynames in the 2000s.

Shouta, you think you can clarify?

Shouta

Probably arcade rankings if no blue frame or Dynames.

I don't think they've changed anything with Dragon recently so it might be folks getting used to fighting against him. And yeah, Hi-Nu and Raph are in A and B for their cost tiers.

I'd still generally be wary of accepting it as a proper tier list but it's fine as a general indicator of advantages.

Probably arcade rankings if no blue frame or Dynames.

I don't think they've changed anything with Dragon recently so it might be folks getting used to fighting against him. And yeah, Hi-Nu and Raph are in A and B for their cost tiers.

I'd still generally be wary of accepting it as a proper tier list but it's fine as a general indicator of advantages.

That's weird considering Hi-Nu isn't in the arcades yet... officially according to the website anyway. But yeah, I see it like how you mentioned earlier with it not being a tier list like you'd find in other fighting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom