• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

s8lkA.gif

Or am I the best Gouf pilot!?

GOD SAVE US EVERYONE WHEN WE BURN INSIDE THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS...

Hey Shingin, you guys gonna have any more "North American Gundam League" streams? :p

Shingin

GOD SAVE US EVERYONE WHEN WE BURN INSIDE THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS...

Hey Shingin, you guys gonna have any more "North American Gundam League" streams? :p

I’ll be busy with socal regionals planning this week but…
No guaranties or anything we might do something gundam related for a wnf preshow this week depending if I can get out of work early and if the skullgirls guys don’t show up.

Or I know a decent amount of fgc guys and gals are having a pre-scr party on Thursday so we might do something there, or we might have something going on when we do the venue test on Friday for socal regionals.

I know decent amount of namco reps will be at scr so if your going to scr tell them you want the game to come out over here. I will be talking to them this weekend when I get a chance about the game.

No guaranties or anything we might do something gundam related for a wnf preshow this week depending if I can get out of work early and if the skullgirls guys don’t show up.

Or I know a decent amount of fgc guys and gals are having a pre-scr party on Thursday so we might do something there, or we might have something going on when we do the venue test on Friday for socal regionals.

I know decent amount of namco reps will be at scr so if your going to scr tell them you want the game to come out over here. I will be talking to them this weekend when I get a chance about the game.

Ah cool deal. Would probably go to scr but I moved from LA to England earlier this year. :(

It would be cool to see what Namco says, especially if there's a sizable push from the fgc. The more people know about this game and its competitive pedigree, the better. Hope to see some stuff from you guys soon!

What would be interesting is if Linkin Park somehow got involved with a US push considering how they're Gundam heads.

Is there really a chance this would come out stateside? I'd double dip surely. This is like my GOTY 2011.

Ugh, if any matches start up five or six hours from now some one PM me. Don't have that much time to play and kind of too lazy to play on my own. But don't want to fall behind the rest of you either.

MechaX

Okay, Exams are halfway over, so now it's time for me to order this baby. (Even though Gundam GAF is so far ahead at this point, I'm wondering if it's even worth it).

But of course the Amazon Price for a 1st Party seller is inflated to the point where my $50 giftcard is useless and I might as well order the Asian version off of Play-Asia.

Okay, Exams are halfway over, so now it's time for me to order this baby. (Even though Gundam GAF is so far ahead at this point, I'm wondering if it's even worth it).

But of course the Amazon Price for a 1st Party seller is inflated to the point where my $50 giftcard is useless and I might as well order the Asian version off of Play-Asia.

Fucking get it! We will assist you in your cause as our friendships are forged in the form of a Gundam fight.

Honestly though, online with GAF so far has been fucking awesome, regardless of skill level.

andymcc

Banned
My girlfriend is getting this for me for Christmas. So excite. With everyone else's head-start, I'm going to get destroyed online. :(

Beth Cyra

Interent was down at my place for most of Saturday and a good part of sunday so I spent it playing a ton of Trail and Arcade mode.

Really don't know what to think about Zero. He is exactly as described but so many things stick out as annoying. I think my biggest complaint is that his Beam has to fully hit every single time to get full damage were as other suits I can fire of a blast and then cancel/dash away, were as Zero I really feel like to even attack I have to leave myself open to use any of his attacks.

Swtiched to some Crossbone Full Cloth/Unicorn/Deathscythe hell a bit as well, and I got to say after playing with Zero so long and then using these suits, just DAMN. The melee feels so great and feels like it lasts forever.

I will stick with Zero as I really like him and he does seem like he can really wreck some shit if you are good with him, plus I just really love the suit.

Hope to get some games with Gaf in the next few days though.

Are leaked pamphlets considered in the same breadth as scans? Just saw a pamphlet for Full Boost and was wondering if it was cool to post.

And for clarification, the new units shown are (that are not either DLC or console specific)...

Throne Drei
Gyan
Strike Noir
Zeong

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Been playing a bit with Marida. I really like Kshatriya's funnels and they're a bit less micro-intensive than Haman's Qubeley bits. Will try her out in the next GAF session.

matmanx1

I could have sworn that when I used Strike in Trial mode you could hold square+ a direction and it would do a pack change. Was that the case for only that first mission where you have to use Strike because I'm using him in later missions only to find that square+ direction isn't performing a pack change.

Checking the gamefaqs movelist it looks like it's special shooting + direction. Weird. But I agree Strike is a fun unit and certainly has the versatility because of the different pack abilities although is more technical and not as noob friendly.

Holy fuck, fuck that 5 Gundam newtype mission where you're the only one and there are no items or teammates. Damn near spent an hour and a half on that one, whereas the others I one-shot complete with an A or S. Even key and emblem missions were easier than that piece of crap.

I don't know if anyone's said anything to this effect yet, but I was watching some gameplay videos... man, the gameplay looks so similar to Gotcha Force for GCN, from the physics to the way guns/melee work. Even down to the way the camera pans over the final blow, then moves up and zooms in on the victor. One of my favorite games ever... I'm glad another game is using such a similar engine. :D

matmanx1

I just spent 2 hours in free battle mode just trying out bunches of different suits with the CPU set to "Stop" so I could just wail and get acquainted with them. It was the absolute most fun I've ever had in a fighting game practice type mode.

X-1 is indeed a fun, fun beast and I think he's going to get alot of playtime from me. However I also found myself really enjoying Red Frame's moveset (he just looks cool moving around, what can I say?) RX-78's very even versatility, Kshatriya's pew pew power and several others as well.

Acguy is sort of hilarious being that he's almost a 1 man army. Zaku Kai and Berga Giros were both fun and interesting to play with, especially considering that they are just 1000 point units. Char's Gelgoog also seems really powerful and versatile as a 2000 point unit. I really enjoyed the melee power and the ship summons with that unit.

Lastly, I can't be the only one that noticed the tiny little game time counter on the main menu screen right? I love little touches like that!

JKTrix

Holy fuck, fuck that 5 Gundam newtype mission where you're the only one and there are no items or teammates. Damn near spent an hour and a half on that one, whereas the others I one-shot complete with an A or S. Even key and emblem missions were easier than that piece of crap.

The one that starts with God and Destiny is the only stage in the game I have not yet cleared. Everything else is 100%, except Newtype which is stuck at 98%.

I don't know if anyone's said anything to this effect yet, but I was watching some gameplay videos... man, this game looks so similar to Gotcha Force for GCN. Even down to the way the camera pans over the final blow, then moves up and zooms in on the victor. One of my favorite games ever... I'm glad another game is using such a similar engine. :D

Perhaps the ex-Capcom blood involved has something to do with that?

Perhaps the ex-Capcom blood involved has something to do with that?

Ah, is that it? Interesting! I remember reading that Gotcha Force was Capcom's baby and the game places pretty high on Japanese polls -- it was such a shame that it didn't sell well, though I don't blame people what with all the lukewarm press.

Solune

I don't know if anyone's said anything to this effect yet, but I was watching some gameplay videos... man, the gameplay looks so similar to Gotcha Force for GCN, from the physics to the way guns/melee work. Even down to the way the camera pans over the final blow, then moves up and zooms in on the victor. One of my favorite games ever... I'm glad another game is using such a similar engine. :D

It's actually one of the reasons I decided to purchase the game.

kiun

Been trying to S rank Kshatriya's trial mission (2nd batch). I've tried everything and yet I can't get past A rank. Is there something special I need to do ?

Been trying to S rank Kshatriya's trial mission (2nd batch). I've tried everything and yet I can't get past A rank. Is there something special I need to do ?

Try to have a significant amount of health while taking out Delta Plus first and then Unicorn. Staying at least half health is probably the most important factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom