• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy

still waiting too, slightly worried yesasia screwed something up since they cancelled my first payment then tried to charge me 12 times and sent me an email looking for information that couldnt possibly look more like a phishing scam :x

I know there's no true training mode, but is there any way to check how much damage certain attacks and combos do without a second player and using subtraction in Free Play?

Typically training modes in fighting games tell you how much damage you're doing right there in the training mode HUD. I'm trying to learn how to maximize damage once I get the initial hit in.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I know there's no true training mode, but is there any way to check how much damage certain attacks and combos do without a second player and using subtraction in Free Play?

Typically training modes in fighting games tell you how much damage you're doing right there in the training mode HUD. I'm trying to learn how to maximize damage once I get the initial hit in.

Not in-game, to my knowledge, but this FAQ and the Japanese Wiki covers them.

That stick is freaking sexy but why wait until March to put it on sale? Seems like a long time after the fact. And I have to say that this game plays really well (and is probably easier) with the controller. Having special melee and special shot mapped to shoulder buttons is foolproof.

You guys who have played the game in the arcades and are playing it at home with a stick now: does the stick allow superior control over using just a standard controller? I'm genuinely curious as to what the advantages are for this game.

In all honesty, I haven't tried playing with the controller. I use use my HRAP3 since I've played this game in the arcade. I guess I just like the familiarity of using it.

I'll give it a go next time I get the chance to fire up the PS3. My wife was in the hospital so gaming was the last thing on my mind.

I'll be sure to get online with you guys this weekend. I'm terrible but I'm looking to learn more!

Tain

I need to get in on some of this online stuff when I'm a bit more comfortable. I wish I was playing this right now instead of working. :[

I need to get in on some of this online stuff when I'm a bit more comfortable. I wish I was playing this right now instead of working. :[

Same here. I'm actually catching up on Xero's stream archive here at work.

xero, what kind of recording device do you use? The quality is excellent.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Not yet. :(

Every day the postman arrives I am hoping for the best.

It's horrible waiting every day for a thunk and getting a bunch of cards that sound much like a game when they hit the floor...

Been playing Capsule Fighter (its just not good enough) and Next Plus (my psp's thumb stick keeps pressing down at random times making this hard...) and was messing around with Shining and God Gundams, I noticed that God in Extreme has the projectile attack like Shining has in Next, seeing as how God has went down to 2500 and Shining is MIA, have they mixed the two units playstyle together somehow?

Oo that interests me, I was thinking about getting a Hauppauge HD PVR (the blue one) but its £150 price tag has me wondering if its worth it, any idea how yours compares to it?
I think this is the UK version of it... but it has a radio for some insane reason. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002MRROO4/

Got a Secret Santa gift (not GAF Secret Santa) gift today in the mail...

pgPMJ.jpg

If anyone has questions, the book might help. It's for the arcade version, but still should be helpful.

matmanx1

I'd like an invite to the Gaf chatroom sometime if someone is online. I'll be playing tonight after about 9:30 eastern, so in about an hour and a half.

And yeah, I don't think it's crazy that this game could be considered for GoTY. It's really, really well executed. I think it would be very popular if Namco or someone else decided to localize it for English release.

I'm not typically in to "fighting games" except in a very casual way but this game takes enough of the fighting game formula and mixes it with the Virtual On style and the Gundam license and ends up being something great. I've already put more hours into it than any other fighting game that I've played in years.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yay, got my copy! :D

Will add peeps, although I'm sucking a lot at the moment...

Also, kinda offtopic, but what's the "Gundam EXA" pamphlet about?
New series? manga?

matmanx1

Is Crossbone Manga only? And I'm pretty sure it's never made it outside Japan, right? I'm loving the X-1 Kai.

Got about half the Trial Mode complete now and I'm really impressed with the variety of the missions. I just saw Psycho Gundam and took it down using the X-1 Kai with Heavyarms as my wingman. Feels good man.

zurra

does anyone know the difficulty setting of CPU opponents you fight online, or if there's any way to change it (or change the CPU opponents for that matter)? i'm pretty horrible, so i can't tell if the arcade mode difficulty carries over.

Wazzim

Banned
What the hell man, trial mode is insanely hard compared to other gundam games.

Edit: oh shit, I was doing the wrong path all the time. The federation one is much easier.

Coxy

Finally got my copy, so happy to have it for the weekend. It's pretty easy to complete the trial mode missions so far but pretty damn tough to S rank some of them.

Liking Double X a lot so far

MarkMan said:
THAT'S RIGHT! <3

Good man. Now hype dat all over the FGC. ^^

Did you ever pass that one mission you were asking about? If so, it doesn't get harder than that. ^^

Finally got my copy, so happy to have it for the weekend. It's pretty easy to complete the trial mode missions so far but pretty damn tough to S rank some of them.

Liking Double X a lot so far

Congrats! We should have a couple Gundam Fights soon. :3 4 day weekend for me coming up so... :3

Look at all those little SD Gundams! It's very kakkoi/kawaii! I'm jelly.
My desk at work is full of them. Moved to making SDs since they were much faster to build, aside from the cute factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom