• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lsib9lG0PM1qeumowo1_500.gif

FIXED MY PS3!!!!! Gonna back up my shit and jump online afterwards. =D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So hey, I'm back...and stuff.

Been playing a lot of Extreme VS with my roommate against the CPU, because we're both balls at the game, and playing online against the CPU usually ends up with me getting slaughtered.

I can't tell if I suck at the game, or if the CPU is unfair.

At any rate, my roommate really wants to play more, but since there's no way to play online with split screen, I guess I'll never play with you guys!

(and no, he's not going to buy another copy of the game just to play online with people he doesn't know)

So hey, I'm back...and stuff.

Been playing a lot of Extreme VS with my roommate against the CPU, because we're both balls at the game, and playing online against the CPU usually ends up with me getting slaughtered.

I can't tell if I suck at the game, or if the CPU is unfair.

At any rate, my roommate really wants to play more, but since there's no way to play online with split screen, I guess I'll never play with you guys!

(and no, he's not going to buy another copy of the game just to play online with people he doesn't know)

Ah c'mon. You can play online behind his back! :p

I've been wanting to play online for the past couple of nights but anytime I attempt to join a game ( quick game or custom game ) I fail. :\ I'm not sure if I am getting kicked upon joining ( not sure if that's possible ) or if it's my connection. I seem to be able to log into PSN no problem and even browse PSN Store but cannot join a game. Meh.

Those 40ish games I did get to play was a ton of fun though!

MechaX

Okay, I bit the bullet. Used my $50 Amazon Gift card for the Asian Version, and it will be here sometime next week. This better be worth it.
I am sure that it will.

JKTrix

I thought about it but then decided to watch SoCal Regs. I got to say I really wish that they had some Extreme VS play along with all the other games they have.

I'm about to turn SCR on as well, and will have Gundam also running. Dunno about playing online while streaming, though I just intend to mess around with more of the units.

Beth Cyra

I'm about to turn SCR on as well, and will have Gundam also running. Dunno about playing online while streaming, though I just intend to mess around with more of the units.

That is what I will be doing during AE, just don't want to go online and maybe slow people down by lagging a ton.

Okay, I bit the bullet. Used my $50 Amazon Gift card for the Asian Version, and it will be here sometime next week. This better be worth it.
I am sure that it will.

GOTY, so no worries.

MechaX

GOTY, so no worries.

It was kinda funny how I was telling my friend how I was planning on ordering this. And he was like "NO, you cannot order a Gundam game, there has to be something else, but don't waste your money!" and I was like "No, no, no, it's cool. It's a good Gundam game. Hard to believe, but it's true. Hey, look up the footage for it, it's good." "... I'll do it later."

Man, it's such a shame that even if the VS games were released outside of Japan, it would be held back by the years and years of shitty Gundam games (including the very early VS titles that were released in the US).

Beth Cyra

It was kinda funny how I was telling my friend how I was planning on ordering this. And he was like "NO, you cannot order a Gundam game, there has to be something else, but don't waste your money!" and I was like "No, no, no, it's cool. It's a good Gundam game. Hard to believe, but it's true. Hey, look up the footage for it, it's good." "... I'll do it later."

Man, it's such a shame that even if the VS games were released outside of Japan, it would be held back by the years and years of shitty Gundam games (including the very early VS titles that were released in the US).

Agreed. However I'm happy in the fact I have convinced at least two more people to pick it up now even though neither even knew about the game before it came out.

I keep failing the "Defeat 3 Alex's" Commander mission. I destroy them, but still lose. What's the catch?

edit: Nevermind. You've got what, 10 seconds to defeat all 3?

Bebpo

Banned
I really like the 08th guys. They're so fast! Especially the Gouf who can hop around with his air grapple. In Extreme mode he's hilarious running and hopping around the battlefield.

With Hi-Nu Gundam, what does going into newtype green glowing T-link mode do besides restocking your funnels? Are your funnels better during that time period?

Also what's a good strategy for using Blue Frame 2nd? His big sword attack comes out really slow and otherwise he's just got some standard range. Couldn't figure out how to use him worth a damn.

I really hate the tank guy from Igloo. Not fun to play as but can be very annoying to play against >_<

Oh and with the 0083 crew, is it just me or does GP01 suck compared to GP02 which is pretty good? GP01 seems like he has nothing in his arsenal besides hovering around slowly...

JKTrix

With Hi-Nu Gundam, what does going into newtype green glowing T-link mode do besides restocking your funnels? Are your funnels better during that time period?

Not only does it refill funnels, but it gives you more. The funnels also shoot twice instead of once when you're in Psychoframe mode. You get a different attack with BC. There's probably a little more but that's what I noticed.

matmanx1

Work has been killer the last couple of days so I wasn't online last night and am still exhausted tonight. I'm jonesin bad for some Gundam though so I'm going to play a bit and scratch the itch even as I know that I'm going to get killed.

Good call on the GP02 for the "kill 3 Alex in 5 seconds" mission. I've been having a heck of a time with that one also but haven't tried it again in a couple of days.

Bebpo

Banned
The mission where you need to play as the purple igloo guy and fight waves and waves of gms and balls while protecting a zaku grunt took me forever. Those were some frightening balls.

Tain

Was getting 1st/2nd place a bunch against Japanese randoms, feels good!

What's the rank online about? I've never seen anyone with a different rank than mine.

Just finished a session...I was booted a few times playing in Japanese rooms...The other time I spent playing against the computer while I waited for matches to come my way. I missed some members by a few hours I guess (judging by the last few posts)...

I'll try to get in a GAF room this evening. What time do people usually jump on?

Apologies to the random Japanese player who came into our match not realizing I was helping someone get the 10 wins in a row trophy. Took him 3 losses before he bailed. :lol

Coxy

Work has been killer the last couple of days so I wasn't online last night and am still exhausted tonight. I'm jonesin bad for some Gundam though so I'm going to play a bit and scratch the itch even as I know that I'm going to get killed.

Good call on the GP02 for the "kill 3 Alex in 5 seconds" mission. I've been having a heck of a time with that one also but haven't tried it again in a couple of days.

I did that with double X and the EX gauge full at start of battle skill, just pressed R3 twice for instant win :D

anyone know what the bgm for the trial mode is called? has some awesome sax

Shouta

Hildolfr is tournament tier, apparently. Something like 3/8 of the finalists at the TGS tournament used it.

He is. He can be somewhat easy to catch one you get close but getting close is the problem. His red lock range is long and he can lob a lot of shells in a rotation for near continuous fire. You really have to manage your boost, dodging, and his firing habits to get in. He's hard to play though but buff when you master him.

zurra

anyone have advice for S-ranking the Kshatriya mission on tier 2 where you fight Unicorn at the end? after the Unicorn key mission. clearing it quite fast without taking much damage, but i keep getting an A...

Coxy

anyone have advice for S-ranking the Kshatriya mission on tier 2 where you fight Unicorn at the end? after the Unicorn key mission. clearing it quite fast without taking much damage, but i keep getting an A...

use the armour regeneration skill if you have it that lets you regain 2/4/6 points per second, you need to win with 600+ armour left I think and shoot down everything, that's how I got it anyway, dont think the time matters much

How much health do you have left when you finish normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom