• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice :D. Off-topic question...are the SD's good for Gunpla noobs?

I think I've settled on Strike and the Gunner Zaku Warrior as my online go-to's for now. Figures that I end up going with SEED/Destiny suits in the end :p.

I have a question. I've never seen SEED or SEED Destiny, so I don't know why there is a Zaku in it. Does SEED take place in the UC timeline?

I understand why there are Zakus in ∀ Gundam (I love that series!), is there something similar going on in SEED?

I have a question. I've never seen SEED or SEED Destiny, so I don't know why there is a Zaku in it? Does SEED take place in the UC timeline?

SEED is an AU Gundam, so I'm just assuming the Zaku is in there for fanservice...no relation to UC unless you subscribe to the "Turn A Bang" theory.

EDIT: or rather, consider SEED to be part of that theory...which I'd rather not :p.

I have a question. I've never seen SEED or SEED Destiny, so I don't know why there is a Zaku in it. Does SEED take place in the UC timeline?

I understand why there are Zakus in ∀ Gundam (I love that series!), is there something similar going on in SEED?

Seed Destiny designers got mega lazy and added Zeon-esque suits (i.e. Zaku, Gouf, Dom) for fanservice, although it's an AU.

baekshi said:
you're full

Just send me a message on PSN and I'll make room. =)

Nice :D. Off-topic question...are the SD's good for Gunpla noobs?

Yeah, they're really easy and quick to put together. =)

I'm in Japan now... So what's the first thing I do when I get here?

389504_10150431651958883_507353882_8669850_786151706_n.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! <3

Add us, duder.

PSN = distantmantra

Bebpo

Banned
I haven't played this much lately. Makes me sad :( I hope people are still playing around xmas-ny when I'll have some days off which means AWESOME GUNDAM TIME.

And yeah, this is my GoTY for sure even though I'm not that great at it. I noticed the other day going through my psp collection that I own Gundam v Gundam; I think I got it in Japan for a few bucks for a plane flight and never touched it again. I kind of want to pop it in just to see how much the series has improved in just 2 entries since then.

Well that and SEED also kind of tried to retell the Gundam 0079 story.

This most of all. The original SEED was trying to be a psuedo-remake of 0079 with bits of Z made flashy for the modern era. Although it didn't really end up being anything like 0079 by the end.

Destiny was trying to do the same with Zeta but the writers got very, very confused.

JKTrix

Yeah I'm still on that one mission :p It's the last thing I need to clear. I'm getting better at it at least, I can sometimes get past the first part without much trouble but then the next 3 guys kill me. I was getting real salty.

Have had the most success with Wing and Unicorn so far. Maybe I should try some of the SEED people.

For people who aren't there yet, you don't actually have to clear this mission to 'complete' Trial mode, but you do get trophies and money bonuses for clearing every mission and S ranking every mission.

lupinko

I've been so busy with exams and work I haven't been able to get some games in, hopefully this weekend, but after next Wednesday, I'll definitely be free!

When I'm available, I'm game! PSN: SuperkingGCNET

JKTrix

@Wazzim and levy:
I have to be on a different PSN account right now but if you post in here I'll see it (eventually) and come back.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Oh my god I wish I hadn't totally ignored this game until now. I'm not even a Gundam fan (only seen the very first series) but it looks insane. I want to go and get this right now but I've already spent so much this month... :(

Oh my god I wish I hadn't totally ignored this game until now. I'm not even a Gundam fan (only seen the very first series) but it looks insane. I want to go and get this right now but I've already spent so much this month... :(

Maybe there will be a "Best Price" rerelease down the road like the PSP games had to take the sting out of the price.

Maybe there will be a "Best Price" rerelease down the road like the PSP games had to take the sting out of the price.

I'm sure there will be a The Best rerelease in about a year or year and a half. That's typically how it works.

Vepseria has yet to get one, though. Really odd.

My PS3 60GB FAT died while playing Gundam Musou 3 last January. Made it four years before the evil yellow light of doom appeared. First console I've ever had die on me.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Any discernable difference between the Japanese & Asian versions other than cost & English manual? Thinking I might order this.

JKTrix

Any DLC you want to get will need to be from an account within the same region as the game in, including the one that comes with the first run of the game.

So if you get the cheaper Asian version and are interested in some of the paid DLC, you'd need to get 'Asian' PSN money. I haven't looked for any sites that supply it quickly, but I know some that will send you Japanese PSN money.

There's free DLC coming too, but you'd similarly need the account.

LegatoB

I'm crunching to get some stuff ready at work before I go on vacation for the holidays, so ask me again Sunday. I miss shooting you guys already. :(

Any DLC you want to get will need to be from an account within the same region as the game in, including the one that comes with the first run of the game.

So if you get the cheaper Asian version and are interested in some of the paid DLC, you'd need to get 'Asian' PSN money. I haven't looked for any sites that supply it quickly, but I know some that will send you Japanese PSN money.

There's free DLC coming too, but you'd similarly need the account.

Play Asia has Japan and Hong Kong (Asia) PSN cards.

matmanx1

Any discernable difference between the Japanese & Asian versions other than cost & English manual? Thinking I might order this.

The Asian version doesn't have an English manual at all, actually. =/ HK account was very quick and painless to set up though and you get the benefit of the game and the DLC being cheaper in comparison to the JP version.

I'm still liking X-1 Kai and Heavyarms although I can have fun with a bunch of different suits. God Gundam, for example, is mad fun.

matmanx1

Sweet, Lammy. I hope everyone hasn't moved on by time my copy gets in.

No worries man I've had my copy for over a week and I've barely scratched the surface in online mode. I found a good connection North America room tonight and got my butt handed to me repeatedly but had a great time. Interestingly enough, 2 of the players I had the hardest time with were both using Astral Blue Frame's with some devastating melee attacks. They just ate me.
Melee is definitely more difficult to be good with and to defend against for me so far. I know how to rainbow step and boost dash but it seems like I'm always on the loosing side of the beat down. I just need to get better.

X-1 Kai's Extreme Burst charge attack is fun to catch people in though. The bodies go flying!

Bebpo

Banned
Almost done going through units in training mode. What does Destiny's move where he dodges in a direction with red shadows do? Takes a while to recharge for just being a dodge?

Also I still don't get how Strike Freedom is 3000 good. Nu has better funnels, and outside of the funnels SF has jack shit! He has an average gun, average melee, and a decent cannon that's pretty narrow. Infinite Justice seems like a much more well rounded unit with great speed, great melee, solid range and he only costs 2500!

Also Providence seems like another one of those "funnels/bits" guys (are they the shotos of this game?) but with nothing great to make him stick out compared to the others.

And the Lago/Rago dog mecha from SEED seems like it could be fun to use in matches since it's only 1000 and it's freaking fast and has decent shot and can sick all those dogs on them.

Shouta

Destiny's red shadow thing is an afterimage attack, use it and press left and right to do a dodge while going at the enemy, hit melee or shoot to do an attack. It doesn't use boost up as I recall so handy when going in.

Damn. After a bit of messing about, my triple got the YLOD. Gonna do some tinkering and hopefully get it running like Exia Repair before having to get a new one. >__<

baekshi

Banned
On right now, any GAF rooms?

I'll try again later today if not.

:)

Question: is it possible to get 10 wins in a row trophy by making a room with two people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom