• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Even though there's no way, realistically, I'll get it til the end of the week I still get excited when I hear the door T-T stupid trackingless cheap shipping.

Wazzim

Banned
Even though there's no way, realistically, I'll get it til the end of the week I still get excited when I hear the door T-T stupid trackingless cheap shipping.

I chose the free shipping option too and it only took 7 days this time (instead of the usual 10-14) :p

Have you been invited to the chat channel? If not, I'll send you one in a few.
Thanks, installing right now..

I want that stick so bad. Shame it's so pricey. If it was 4000 yen cheaper I would have ordered it without batting an eye, but it really feels like I'm paying extra for the damn license here. Similar full-Sanwa sticks don't cost nearly as much.

I want that stick so bad. Shame it's so pricey. If it was 4000 yen cheaper I would have ordered it without batting an eye, but it really feels like I'm paying extra for the damn license here. Similar full-Sanwa sticks don't cost nearly as much.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too considering I can make something similar with an HRAP V3 with all Seimitsus and similar art.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
I chose the free shipping option too and it only took 7 days this time (instead of the usual 10-14) :p

I'm sitting on day 13 of my cheap shipping from playasia... the postie probably wonders why I stare him down as he passes every morning by this point... blast you cheap shipping!

TreIII

Same over here. I miss that game, it didn't deserve to bomb. Guess all they needed was a popular franchise.

While I loved Gotcha Force too, I guess the "kiddy" + "Pokemon" + "GCN-only" aspects really only served to hurt it.

It was a nice diversion from the Gundam license, and certainly was a nice test-bed for certain things that would pop up in Gundam Vs. anyway, however.

Also sticks: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/13/an-arcade-stick-made-for-gundam-fans/

sgoYk.png

Do want...but I wish it wasn't an exclusive to Bamco's store. Not sure if I want to bother with the added cost of using a proxy.

Weekend kinda got taken over by other life stuff, but hopefully this week/weekend I'll have more time. I'll be around about 7 to 11 pm Eastern most nights.

ranmafan

That stick looks really nice. I may have to pick that up come March. Although I may look for something similar in Akihabara next month if I can.

This game is quickly becoming one of my favorites this year. But I've never been so challenged playing online in a long time. I haven't won many matches at all, and yet I don't seem to care that much. The fun is overriding that one issue of mine for sure.

matmanx1

That stick is freaking sexy but why wait until March to put it on sale? Seems like a long time after the fact. And I have to say that this game plays really well (and is probably easier) with the controller. Having special melee and special shot mapped to shoulder buttons is foolproof.

You guys who have played the game in the arcades and are playing it at home with a stick now: does the stick allow superior control over using just a standard controller? I'm genuinely curious as to what the advantages are for this game.

That stick is freaking sexy but why wait until March to put it on sale? Seems like a long time after the fact. And I have to say that this game plays really well (and is probably easier) with the controller. Having special melee and special shot mapped to shoulder buttons is foolproof.

You guys who have played the game in the arcades and are playing it at home with a stick now: does the stick allow superior control over using just a standard controller? I'm genuinely curious as to what the advantages are for this game.

That's a really good question. The large buttons on the arcade stick make it easier for AC, AB, etc., but that advantage is evened with macros on pad.

As for the late release date, who knows? Maybe it'll coincide with some future DLC or even Extreme Vs. Full Boost's release in arcades, lol

Reknoc

Would there be any doubt? Considering the price paid for the game itself.

Shouta mentioned he preferred pad over stick, I think.

matmanx1

Only partially related but Hobby Link Japan is having an up to 75% off Gunpla (basically, Gundam models and toys) sale right now. I was linked to the sale from Crunchyroll as their deal of the day is an HCM Pro Dynames 1/200th for $6.99 which is sort of a ridiculously good deal.

I also snagged a 1/200th Hyakushiki from the sale for about 750yen and if I didn't already have most of my funds committed this month for Christmas I would definitely be buying more units. Most of the sale stuff I saw was the HCM Pro 1/200th scale but that's just fine with me as I think it's the ideal size for display on a shelf.

And now, it's time to play more Gundam!

Only partially related but Hobby Link Japan is having an up to 75% off Gunpla (basically, Gundam models and toys) sale right now. I was linked to the sale from Crunchyroll as their deal of the day is an HCM Pro Dynames 1/200th for $6.99 which is sort of a ridiculously good deal.

I also snagged a 1/200th Hyakushiki from the sale for about 750yen and if I didn't already have most of my funds committed this month for Christmas I would definitely be buying more units. Most of the sale stuff I saw was the HCM Pro 1/200th scale but that's just fine with me as I think it's the ideal size for display on a shelf.

And now, it's time to play more Gundam!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking about the RG 1/144 Zaku for my office, lol

Tain

Game came in today! Messed around a little, seems awesome. And I know it's the same series, but I'm surprised how after all these years it still feels a lot like Federation vs Zeon, lol.

Thanks for the awesome OP, donkey show.

Commander Level Trial Mission "Battle on the Burning Sands"

How do you defeat Aina and the Apsalus? She aways runs away and I get a B rank.

I just picked a 3000 class suit (Unicorn in this case), leveled it up like a motherfucker, got in her grill and melee'd the shit out of her until she died.

Not sure I have the right chat room...might need an invite.

I'll send you an invite.

Shouta

Man, a fully upgraded DX in Trial Missions is hilariously powerful. The Satellite Cannon rips through things like crazy.

On that note, the Tactical Arms melee attack for Blue Frame does insane damage and even more when you're in Extreme Burst. It's like DX's Sat cannons at close range. It's hard to land but when you do, it's insane damage.

Good games, Gundam-GAF

Leveling up for sure. I just need to learn to block.

Losing after 9 wins:
s8lkA.gif

Gouf = Me
Guntank = My wrists

And Donkey Show, I know that feel :(

JKTrix

Donkey can you describe your experience clearing 'VS. Gundam (2)' on newtype, what unit you used and any general strategy :p

I keep playing this game late at night when I'm probably not at the top of my game. That mission is pretty rough!

Donkey can you describe your experience clearing 'VS. Gundam (2)' on newtype, what unit you used and any general strategy :p

I keep playing this game late at night when I'm probably not at the top of my game. That mission is pretty rough!
That's the one that starts with God and DX... then you fight Destiny, Turn A, and QAN[t]? That's the one that took me forever and a day to beat.

I used Cherudim and sniped and ran like a motherfucker the whole way through.

And _dementia... *hugs*

But my trophy percentage is now at 71% last time I checked.

Astery

I've been busy at work and haven't been able to play for quite awhile. I'll be available for awhile in about 5 hours from now however, hope to see some of you online lol.

To anyone who uses Hi-nu Gundam, what do you think of it comparing to nu Gundam? I've been using it casually and I found no reasons to choose it over nu Gundam. No defending funnels, the bazooka is less accurate than Nu's and it doesn't do a flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom