• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have question for you... right now I am doing all the acrade stages. I don't have Gold Medals on all of them, is this required by any chance to get all trophy?

does the first and last stage in any of the rows have EX stages? besides those, do all other stages have EX? Im missing few in E and F row, I guess I would need a gold medal.

All stages have EX except for row 1 and 8. You don't need golds on all of them to get a trophy, but you do need golds to unlock the EX stages in the E and F rows.

I think I've hit a wall with the Newtype Trial Missions. 11% complete but I just can't progress any further. Maxed out Zeta and Crossbone X-1 and I just get whooped. Time to buff up some other suits and give them a try.

Also, I played online a while ago and noticed that my partner wandered around the map and puropsely didn't attack the other team. Plus! Whenever I'd get in an attack chain, he'd "accidentally" get in my way and hurt me. WTF.

Some new direct feed screens of Arche, Blue Destiny, new trials, and ranked matches: http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013922/20111214039/screenshot.html?num=011

Wire-guided missiles!!!

VZoeF.jpg

Reknoc

Yes! My copy arrived. Pretty good timing as well since I've been feeling sick and also pissed off thanks to having to deal with Yodel. Time to forget about that and finally become Gundam.

Xater

FUCK YES! MY GAME IS HERE!

My game came with two codes. One is obviously the Hi-Nu DLC code is the other GP for the arcade game?

What time is Gaf opening a room later this evening? I've been looking to play with a bunch of you guys...

I'm going out for dinner with the in laws, but I'll try to make something work if I have a approximate time...

Xater

What time is Gaf opening a room later this evening? I've been looking to play with a bunch of you guys...

I'm going out for dinner with the in laws, but I'll try to make something work if I have a approximate time...

I don't have to be anywhere today so my day will be pretty much just playing this game. ;)

I'll be online in about 12 hours if anyone wants to play.

donkey show, what's the deal with those Armored Core viral marketers commenting on your Gundam EXVS YouTube clips?

I'll be online in about 12 hours if anyone wants to play.

donkey show, what's the deal with those Armored Core viral marketers commenting on your Gundam EXVS YouTube clips?

Haha, that was weird. AC5 isn't even out yet. xD

I think I found my most comfortable units though after playing a bit last night.

3000: QAN[T]
2500: Sinanju
2000: Gunner Zaku (obvious)
1000: Zaku II FZ

Definitely looking to see if Arche or Blue Destiny will take up one of those slots.

BTW, we should team up for some ranked matches. =)

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
FUCK YES! MY GAME IS HERE!

My game came with two codes. One is obviously the Hi-Nu DLC code is the other GP for the arcade game?

Looks like I'm one of the last of the initial cheap-post bunch to get it! At least I know that someone got it eventually, it gives me hope that I'm not completely forgotten by the postman, congrats XD

matmanx1

I'm off of work today so will be playing some off and on throughout the day. PSN name matmanx1 if anyone wants to do some matches just let me know.

I actually won my first 2 completely random online battles last night (I've won against friends and Gaf'ers before but usually get my butt handed to me when I go completely random). Both times I picked the Astray Red Frame and was able to land some killing blows and perform decently. It's not the most exciting suit I've used but it is fast and mobile and the 150 foot sword EX burst is pretty hilarious.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I think I found my most comfortable units though after playing a bit last night.

Definitely looking to see if Arche or Blue Destiny will take up one of those slots.
Agreed on the Gunner Zaku, it really is amazing.

Haven't decided on the others... I like the QAN[T] as well, but I'm not that adapted to it yet, is kinda weird sometimes :p

Xater

Haha, that was weird. AC5 isn't even out yet. xD

BTW, we should team up for some ranked matches. =)

All i did today was go through arcade with different units to get some feel for them. I already have a few favorites.

3000: This is the most difficult one for me right now. I think Full Cloth Crossbone or Unicorn.
2500: Crossbone X1, Infinite Justice
2000: Gundam, Heavyarms, Dragon

Cool deal. I'll probably be on about 3-4 hours depending on if I can get my stream running.

Cool beans.

I should be on around 8 or 9 Eastern tonight for some matches...hoping at some point soon to pit my Zaku Warrior against donkey show's (and get my ass kicked :p).

JKTrix

3000: Turn A
2000: F91

Haven't really decided among the others. But if I were to go along with the trend of 'my favourite series', 1000 would probably be Alex or Zaku Kai, 2500 would be either God or Sazabi.

Put 3000 yen on my Japanese account this morning! Ready for that DLC!

Xater

Does a translation for the stats in Trial Mode exist?

This is what I think it is:

Red: I guess this is probably health?
Light Green: Melee or shooting
Green: Melee or Shooting
Light Blue: More Boost
Blue: Improve the units CPU level if you use it as a partner
Pink: Ex Gauge fills up faster.

Does a translation for the stats in Trial Mode exist?

This is what I think it is:

Red: I guess this is probably health?
Light Green: Melee or shooting
Green: Melee or Shooting
Light Blue: More Boost
Blue: Improve the units CPU level if you use it as a partner
Pink: Ex Gauge fills up faster.
Click the trial mode pic in the OP. :)

Totally missed that that was clickable as well. I was pretty close though ;)

Also I am getting curious about the trophies. So far I unlocked nothing. Are those again Japanese crazyness when it comes to the requirements?

Nah, they're not that bad. A lot of them come from unlocking emblems in Trial Mission mode. The trophies don't start until the 2nd tier. The easiest trophy overall is probably beating arcade mode without dying.

matmanx1

For me so far it's

3000 - Unicorn or Nu Gundam
2500 - X-1 Kai or Tallgeese III
2000 - Astray Red Frame or Heavyarms
1000 - Berga Giros or Zaku Kai

Can't believe it was voted for EVO last year. Can't help but feel it was all a big joke, if only because the capgames lost to it in the votes.

It won because it had a real vocal audience, especially on the forum where the vote was held, if I recall correctly.

JKTrix

Just as a note, the netcode is pretty good in this game so you don't really have to limit your friends to people just in your region. It's been flawless whenever Donkey plays with those of us in the US. I've played with a guy in Singapore and it was pretty good too.

Just as a note, the netcode is pretty good in this game so you don't really have to limit your friends to people just in your region. It's been flawless whenever Donkey plays with those of us in the US. I've played with a guy in Singapore and it was pretty good too.

It's better than other games I've played, but there are times then the delay gets really bad. And I recall Shouta commenting on it and he's had that arcade experience to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom