• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zurra

was in the 500s i believe. i don't have the regeneration skill yet, but i'll just keep at it. just need to be a little more safe during the final wave.

EDIT: hmm, shot down everything with 650 armor left, that didn't do it... 750 did though!

Zakrello is a pain in the ass. Major pain in the ass. Ugly too.

406px-Zakrello-parody.jpg

LOL, the EXVS team definitely did a great job in making it the most frustrating to fight.

Been trying to find a solid secondary for me since Luna/Gunner Zaku is by far my most solid unit. Had some good luck with IJ and Gelgoog earlier today against some randoms online, so I'll see how well that goes. Perhaps I'll just stick to only red mobile suits from now on. :3

Also, almost got all the EX routes unlocked. Just 4F-EX, 5F-EX, and 6F-EX are left.

I've got all but 5 of the Commander level Trial Missions completed. These last ones are really tough.

Dragon --> God --> Master is killing me.
The third of the Newtype missions where you have to get an A Rank for the emblem is insane.
The one with all the Char variants is also crazy to get S Rank.

I'll get them eventually, but man are they tough.

zurra

anyone have advice for S-ranking the mission where you have to defend the Physalis for a bit until Kou shows up, then after a bit it runs away? nothing's really going wrong or slow, had times where Anavel gets out quick and times where i blow up everything, but nothing in particular seems to boost the rank.

I don't remember what I did, but I do know I got the S Rank on the first try.

Got to the Newtype level Trial Missions. WHOA.

Speaking of that, how do you unlock the "School of the Undefeated of the East" trophy? The description says clear a Newtype level trial... but that didn't do it.

I had REALLY good luck with Tallgeese when I first jumped online but now I am afraid to use him again since it was most definitely beginners luck!

I did play around more with F91 over the weekend. That suit just feels great to me and the combo mixups are simple but deadly. Might start using him more.

Jakoavain

Ordered a copy last week and it has arrived in my country.. Only to get stuck in customs. I made the customs declaration last night, but the tracking data is still showing it's waiting for customs declaration.

Oh, and do add me on PSN if you're a part of EuroGAF. My PSN id is the same as my GAF username.

MechaX

Some of my friends are hilarious.

My skeptical friend was like "That game looked like garbage. It looked janky and it looked like Dynasty Warriors" after seeing the trailer. I showed some actual gameplay to both my skeptical friend and my other friend over at the time and he was like "I'm... not seeing anything wrong here. It looks fast paced, but yet still kinda strategic in a way." The skeptical friend was like "Well, you could have still used your money for something else because this game looks forgettable." Use it for what? "Well... you can buy RAGE."

Some of my friends are hilarious.

My skeptical friend was like "That game looked like garbage. It looked janky and it looked like Dynasty Warriors" after seeing the trailer. I showed some actual gameplay to both my skeptical friend and my other friend over at the time and he was like "I'm... not seeing anything wrong here. It looks fast paced, but yet still kinda strategic in a way." The skeptical friend was like "Well, you could have still used your money for something else because this game looks forgettable." Use it for what? "Well... you can buy RAGE."

Your friends sounds like an ass.

MechaX

Your friends sounds like an ass.

Nah, that's not it. He usually has a good sense about these kinds of things, but he does have a bias against a lot of anime games in general. But I am curious on whether or not he saw a trailer of Gundam Musou 3 by mistake or something.

does he have a great appreciation for the color brown?

I know where you're going with this and the answer is Yes.

andymcc

Banned
I'm for sure getting this for Christmas (my girlfriend ordered this from NCS and with my account, got the e-mail, lol)

i don't have a PS3 arcade stick and everywhere seems to be sold out of good sticks! infuriating!

is the PS3 pad pretty decent for this game?

Got your back, homie. :)

Also, been playing on my HRAP3 this weekend and I'm feeling pretty competent on it now. Dat boost on the ring finger though takes its toll though. :S

Were you playing on pad the whole time before? Yeah, boost all the way over there took a minute to get used to but I've been stick day one.

I'm for sure getting this for Christmas (my girlfriend ordered this from NCS and with my account, got the e-mail, lol)

i don't have a PS3 arcade stick and everywhere seems to be sold out of good sticks! infuriating!

is the PS3 pad pretty decent for this game?

Assuming you have 360 sticks, have you thought about dual-modding? I play with a PS360 compatible TE stick.

Reknoc

Getting this game made me decide to splash out on an arcade stick (well, okay, I didn't really splash out since I got the Brawlstick for £30 but still). Stick should arrive today, game is still out in the wild somewhere.

Xater

Fucking hell, I am still waiting for my game. I think customs might have gotten hold of it and that can take a while during the holiday season.... :(

NEO0MJ

Just got the game today. Glad my friends are having fun with it. They are so hit and miss with fighting games. Guess all those years of Gotcha Force helped.
Speaking of that, I'm surprised by how similar it controls and plays. I knew this was by the same team but playing it makes it so much more obvious.

Blah, internet sucks balls. Gonna upload some matches tomorrow to youtube. It's a shame it doesn't take 60 fps.

Back in the 240p days they actually did support 60fps uploads and playback. I remember seeing 3S footage at 60fps on youtube.

Unfortunately they're only available in 30fps now :(

JKTrix

Maybe you could 'stream' your 60fps recorded matches, and then link to the archive.

I'm getting suckered into spending Christmas weekend with some family in another state (starting Wednesday) and I didn't want to miss the Thursday update.

So I'm taking my PS3 and my VSHG. Last time I was with these folks I set up wireless internet, and they just got a TV with HDMI so I should be able to sneak it in now and then. I just need to get a blu-ray with some kind of wider appeal than robot anime to have an excuse to set it up.

Maybe you could 'stream' your 60fps recorded matches, and then link to the archive.

I'm getting suckered into spending Christmas weekend with some family in another state (starting Wednesday) and I didn't want to miss the Thursday update.

So I'm taking my PS3 and my VSHG. Last time I was with these folks I set up wireless internet, and they just got a TV with HDMI so I should be able to sneak it in now and then. I just need to get a blu-ray with some kind of wider appeal than robot anime to have an excuse to set it up.

I'll see if I can put some up on my twitch.tv site. =)

And here's a couple more GAF matches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DXoLFg60c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBdX_xppwRo

baekshi

Banned
Alrighty, just two more trophies left!

- level all suits MAX in trial mode
- 100 hours played

Gonna be awhile...

I have question for you... right now I am doing all the acrade stages. I don't have Gold Medals on all of them, is this required by any chance to get all trophy?

does the first and last stage in any of the rows have EX stages? besides those, do all other stages have EX? Im missing few in E and F row, I guess I would need a gold medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom