• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a more complete emblem translation guide out there? I'm afraid I've already exhausted the google doc. :(

Also, in that mission where you have to be the 00 to get the emblem, are there any other requirements? it didn't unlock for me.

Just got to my in-laws, but they have awesome Internet... so my body is ready. >:D

Anyway, recorded some basic movesets for Arche and Blue Destiny. I'll set it up and post them after I get back from dinner.

matmanx1

I'm watching videos now that I'm home. You guys gave me lots to think about and I'm stil digesting it.

I see more and more that success or failure in this game really is built on how well you move and manage boost. The combos are not exactly tough to remember or pull off but being able to pull off the right attack at the right time because you are in the right position to do so is absolutely vital. Once you learn to move properly you can actually go on to the stage of getting proficient in the mobile suit of your choice and learning when best to use it's attacks. This game has alot of depth.

Shouta

I'm watching videos now that I'm home. You guys gave me lots to think about and I'm stil digesting it.

I see more and more that success or failure in this game really is built on how well you move and manage boost. The combos are not exactly tough to remember or pull off but being able to pull off the right attack at the right time because you are in the right position to do so is absolutely vital. Once you learn to move properly you can actually go on to the stage of getting proficient in the mobile suit of your choice and learning when best to use it's attacks. This game has alot of depth.

Yep, and teamwork.

Tain

Man, I can barely get into ranked matches even with the PS3 in my router DMZ.

At least people are still playing Player. Less waiting around in that mode anyway.

MechaX

Just picked up the game, and I'm slowly getting back in the hang of things (by "hang" of things, I mean a slight step up from scrub). I started off with the Dynames. While a cool unit, I don't think it's for my tastes exactly.

I really like the 00 Quanta, but I definitely don't want to be the "guy" who drains points from a team by using overly expensive units.

But hey, pretty fun game around. Also, is there a deeper purpose behind the Rainbow Step? After Next Plus, I have it hammered in my head to Boost Dash Cancel everything.

matmanx1

I used this site, they were cheaper. They're not instant, though.

http://www.japan-codes.com/

My aunt's internet is so bad :( but at least I was able to download the new stuff.

Too bad they don't do HK codes. I'm undecided on Arche and BD for now but I definitely want The O when the next batch hits.

I just ran through Arcade a couple of times tonight to try and practice managing my boost better and to also work on changing targets intelligently. Arcade mode is actually pretty good for the latter as they like to throw 3 units at a time at you instead of the 2 that you would be facing in a VS match but you still get some tough opponents and full speed action.

I feel like I did better and the times that I struggled were the times that I was leaning on the boost too much or trying to get too fancy with my melee moves. Neutral melee openers seem to hit more consistently for me than anything else and it feels like neutral melee has a higher hit priority than 2,4,6 or 8b although that could just be an erroneous observation based on my matches tonight.

I also wanted to speed my game up so I went with Dragon Gundam all night tonight and had a blast with it. I sort of miss not having a beam rifle but the speed and fighting style is right up my alley.

Atcha

one word : Beautiful .

love this Game. I'm playing it at this time.

I am a complete beginner though but I will enjoy to play with you .

For this 3 days, i am available at any time. (almost lol ).

( psn Atcha )

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Extreme.jpg

Oh hay look what arrived (finally), I only managed to make God, Dragon, Maxter and Rose while I was waiting (fully painted too)... and now it seems seeing as how its so close to christmas it might be nabbed by the household as a "secret christmas present" ...agh two more days....

Hit me up on PSN under SpadeRunner so we can Gundam Fight Readddyy Go! when its finally opened...

Atcha

http://sri.gunsha.com/secret/Extreme.jpg

Oh hay look what arrived (finally), I only managed to make God, Dragon, Maxter and Rose while I was waiting (fully painted too)... and now it seems seeing as how its so close to christmas it might be nabbed by the household as a "secret christmas present" ...agh two more days....

Hit me up on PSN under SpadeRunner so we can Gundam Fight Readddyy Go! when its finally opened...

Congrats !!!!

Good work for the figurine .

Here My precious !
b3d71e9c2d5411e1abb01231381b65e3_6.jpg

edit : I sent you a friend invitation :D

Here's some Arche Gundam gameplay I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_0begOE8o

ggs to everyone again!

I've been checking out your videos instead of working (buy seriously who really works before a holiday weekend). Thanks for killing some time before I dip from work early.

Oh and I didn't get my Japanese moon bucks yet :( Arche looks like a lot of fun to use. After watching the video, he looks like he'd fit into my playing style quite well...

Xater

I think I found a new favorite 2000 unit, the Hyaku Shiki. I might have also found a 3000 that I feel more comfortable with in the Strike Freedom. I would feel better about the latter if I didn't hate Gundam Seed so much. ;)

matmanx1

I think I found a new favorite 2000 unit, the Hyaku Shiki. I might have also found a 3000 that I feel more comfortable with in the Strike Freedom. I would feel better about the latter if I didn't hate Gundam Seed so much. ;)

Hyaku Shiki is fun. I'm no good at using his giant beam cannon properly or I would use him more.

Seeing God and Dragon pics up there (good job on those btw!) makes me want to watch some Gundam Fight. I pretty much dig all of those units.

Atcha

I've played with 2 mobile : original gundam and char first mobile suite.

The first one is easy too control but the second is hard for me.
CPu is kicking easily my ass :lol:

What a great game.

Thanks donkey for Your OT.

JKTrix

For sure. Got mine with VF5 in '07 too. Then got it dual-modded 2 years ago. Fantastic stick! And only cost $80 when I got it! Only complaint is the too-short cable, but that's what USB extensions are for.

I put an extra spring in mine too to make it a little stiffer since I didn't like how loose it was, now it's perfect.

matmanx1 said:
I feel like I did better and the times that I struggled were the times that I was leaning on the boost too much or trying to get too fancy with my melee moves.  Neutral melee openers seem to hit more consistently for me than anything else and it feels like neutral melee has a higher hit priority than 2,4,6 or 8b although that could just be an erroneous observation based on my matches tonight.

The melee units will generally have a higher priority in most of their melee attacks than others, but usually the 4/6b ones will take precedence over neutral b. 

Mattlikewhoa said:
Oh and I didn't get my Japanese moon bucks yet :( Arche looks like a lot of fun to use. After watching the video, he looks like he'd fit into my playing style quite well...

Arche is really fun. That 4/6b has insane priority over lots of high priority melee attacks. As I was playing with it a bit more last night with the other gaffers, I started to use the Fangs more often to annoy instead of always rushing in. Arche has enough speed to get in from mid-range to close range really quickly, and the Fang attacks have good stun to give you time to zoom in quickly. 

Xater said:

SF's dragoons are really good. Great in keeping people out. Plus it has a multi lock charge shot that's good for random cutting. 

Atcha said:
Thanks donkey for Your OT.

Anytime. Glad you're enjoying the game!

I'll try to get some Blue Destiny vids up as well tonight

MechaX

There is just something fundamental that I'm not really getting about the melee in this game. It's hard to describe, but for a suit like the Dynames, how exactly does one actually "get away" from an opponent's melee? I seem to do far better in long range, but I ended up getting WTF-Owned by this X1 Full Cloth with his rainbow step shenanigans. In in CPU matches, the tracking for most melee seems absolutely insane.

Oh maybe I'm just playing this game with the wrong mindset.

There is just something fundamental that I'm not really getting about the melee in this game. It's hard to describe, but for a suit like the Dynames, how exactly does one actually "get away" from an opponent's melee? I seem to do far better in long range, but I ended up getting WTF-Owned by this X1 Full Cloth with his rainbow step shenanigans. In in CPU matches, the tracking for most melee seems absolutely insane.

Oh maybe I'm just playing this game with the wrong mindset.
Going vertical will help hinder melee tracking, but Full Cloth has some pretty nice options melee wise, so it'll be an uphill battle for the most part.

Oh yeah, new DLC units The O and Gottrlaran out on Jan. 11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHZ-wbMbr0M

So quick! :3

JKTrix

Block (down then up). Dynames also has a shield move he can use that can help delay that damage. Your teammate should probably try to keep him off you too. If you're far enough away when they start dashing at you, you can probably run away long enough to out-boost them.

It's an issue I have with most characters in general, I don't quite know how to deal with someone who's coming at me with melee attacks. All their attacks seem to beat mine, even if I feel like I'm attacking first. If I'm lucky they won't step, then I can shoot him first which stuns him long enough to move in for an attack.

Without your teammate cutting him, I'm not sure what else you can do once they're already too close to you.

And yeah, Full Cloth ain't top tier in the top tier for nothin'.

Atcha

For sure. Got mine with VF5 in '07 too. Then got it dual-modded 2 years ago. Fantastic stick! And only cost $80 when I got it! Only complaint is the too-short cable, but that's what USB extensions are for.

I put an extra spring in mine too to make it a little stiffer since I didn't like how loose it was, now it's perfect.

Exaclty the same.

I let It on its original form.

I have bought an USB extension too.

This arcade stick suits well to gundam.

I'm trying to play with " agai " ( 1000 points ) .
And .... I love this mobile suit.
Dont have enough a great health point... But it's to joyful to Control It.

Anyway, i'm Still stuck on this game since the morning.

Guys, have you planned to play today ( 6:20 PM in Paris ) ??

Shouta

Block (down then up). Dynames also has a shield move he can use that can help delay that damage. Your teammate should probably try to keep him off you too. If you're far enough away when they start dashing at you, you can probably run away long enough to out-boost them.

It's an issue I have with most characters in general, I don't quite know how to deal with someone who's coming at me with melee attacks. All their attacks seem to beat mine, even if I feel like I'm attacking first. If I'm lucky they won't step, then I can shoot him first which stuns him long enough to move in for an attack.

Without your teammate cutting him, I'm not sure what else you can do once they're already too close to you.

And yeah, Full Cloth ain't top tier in the top tier for nothin'.

Run Run Run, shoot them in the face, or out melee them is your only option if your teammate can't cut them. For Dynames, it has a powerful A which will stun an enemy so trying to hit them before they step with it, and then BDing into A again to get the forced down can keep the guy off of ya.

Anyway, I got the DLC units now, I like BD1 more than I do Arche but both are pretty fun. I haven't gotten to play many rounds online with them yet because the host I joined got mad that we lost and kicked me, asshole JPs!

MechaX

I swear, I must be toxic to teams. I played in one room, lost more than I won, and I think I ended up costing the host a 27 win streak. He promptly booted me from the room afterwards.

... Yeah, maybe I should just avoid online for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom