• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atcha

Great session yesterday.

I handle a little bit better my gundam rx-82-2.

Some guys are awesome.
Thanks to all of us, I just notice how to do some hits combo :) ( dash cancel ftw. )

Can't wait for the next session.

Bebpo : Too early for me....
let me 1hour If you are Still there. Psn : atcha. :D

this should have been a macross game >_>
aX4Zn.jpg

And with that, you are now welcomed into Gundam GAF.

Xater

Blue Destiny is pretty sexy. Excellent mobility and two very nice solid ammo weapons in its MG and missiles. The missiles are tricky and can be used for getting folks in the back if you know how to and the Mg is great because it has good speed and is a cartridge reload style weapon. Assist isn't bad, only one unit is called out but it has a quick recharge and the slide is good for breaking a lock/lateral movement when you need it (while counterattacking).

Yeah I noticed you got me from the back sometimes and I was confused what I did wrong. Haha. Sounds like an interesting unit. I'm gonna get it once I paid of my credit card this month.

And seriously guys, playing with you is a lot of fun. Makes me love this game even more. It really is a shame that this game is not getting a release in the west. I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

Atcha

Yeah I noticed you got me from the back sometimes and I was confused what I did wrong. Haha. Sounds like an interesting unit. I'm gonna get it once I paid of my credit card this month.

And seriously guys, playing with you is a lot of fun. Makes me love this game even more. It really is a shame that this game is not getting a release in the west. I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

Yup. Lot of fun !!!

3days with this game. I dont even play other game mode like trial, arcade .. :D

Only Free battle and online with you guys.

I'm online If some gaffer want to be beaten...( or easily win )

Edit : i'm trying the trial mission Mode. Does a translation of the mission exist ?

Thx a lot.

Edit : i'm trying the trial mission Mode. Does a translation of the mission exist ?

Thx a lot.
For most of the missions, all you really need to do is beat everything until the enemy gauge is empty, kill the target, or destroy all the enemies as soon as possible if a secondary timer appears.

If you have any questions, just ask here since a fair number of us have completed Trial Mission already.

Speaking of trial mission, the new one with 3 Throne Zweis and the Arche is nutty. Its not hard to pass but there's literally Fangs everywhere!

Atcha

For most of the missions, all you really need to do is beat everything until the enemy gauge is empty, kill the target, or destroy all the enemies as soon as possible if a secondary timer appears.

If you have any questions, just ask here since a fair number of us have completed Trial Mission already.

Speaking of trial mission, the new one with 3 Throne Zweis and the Arche is nutty. Its not hard to pass but there's literally Fangs everywhere!

Ok.

Thx donkey show :)

matmanx1

Finally got a chance to jump back in to Gundam tonight. I'm getting a little braver with my unit selection as I'm getting more comfortable with the game mechanics and have started experimenting with some 3000 point cost units. Of the ones I played with tonight I actually liked Turn-A the best but then again I've always had a soft spot for that particular unit.

It's unfortunate that he's rock bottom in terms of tier listing for the arcades in his point class but I actually think he's really fun to play so I'm just going to keep practicing with him.

Another Mobile Suit that's cool as heck is Deathscythe but I'll be darned if I just can't seem to come to grips with the way he plays. It's probably just me but I am definitely not feeling it with him. I've played against some guys who just tore it up with Deathscythe so I've seen his power but I don't think he's the unit for me.

I got some Christmas money so I ordered an HK PSN card so that I can grab the DLC units I want. I'm leaning more towards Blue Destiny now that I've seen him in action and I definitely want The O when it drops. Now I just need Play-Asia to email me my code and I'll be good to go.

MechaX

Man, I swear; whenever I show up as Cherubim, everybody stops what they're doing and decides to try to gang up on me. I actually got some wins today by taking advantage of this; both of my opponents were so dead set on chasing me that they forgot about how my ally was a Trans-Am'd 00 Quanta and it wrecked their shit pretty humorously.

My win/loss rate is still pretty bad (like 30 something out of 100 total matches), but I'm at least able to frequently bring the match to essentially one/two shots away from victory most of the time/not getting deadlast in terms of getting points.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm working my way through the trial mission mode, have already cleared the first 2 maps, but I have a question... is Extra supposed to be the hardest or just special missions?
Because I tried a couple of missions and had my ass handed over to me real fast o_O

Shouta

Cherudim can do big damage quick with the GN Sniper Rifle II which is why folks gang up on you and because you don't have melee to protect yourself.

X05: Extra is special missions and are meant to be more difficult.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Figured as much, strange that they are unlocked from the start though... how many maps are there?

Still the mode is really fun, and forces you to ta least try all the units, which would be better if I knew some japanese to select a better unit :p

JKTrix

I don't think reading Japanese will help you pick a stronger unit :p Might help with choosing what skill to use or what stat to upgrade. And there are resources within this thread (try the OP) to help you with what those mean.

The 'Extra' missions also seem linked to DLC. With the free update that came out the other day, it added some more. The 4 default Extra missions aren't as hard as the last tier of Trial missions you unlock.

MechaX

Cherudim can do big damage quick with the GN Sniper Rifle II which is why folks gang up on you and because you don't have melee to protect yourself.

And sending the Shield Bits to an ally has amounted in some pretty close call wins.

I also ended up finding a new love for the Delta Plus. The thing doesn't excel at anything, but it has decent melee, the reloadable beam rifle is a plus especially when considering it doesn't track that badly (and you can fire rapidly just in case I don't have the boost to Boost Dash all the shots), and its assist has been great in catching people off guard. Unlike Cherudim, which seems like it only really excels for me when in the right set-up (or at least a person who is extremely good at melee and drawing attention), I've actually been doing well with the Delta Plus. And I never actually see people using this thing online.

matmanx1

Man, I swear; whenever I show up as Cherubim, everybody stops what they're doing and decides to try to gang up on me. I actually got some wins today by taking advantage of this; both of my opponents were so dead set on chasing me that they forgot about how my ally was a Trans-Am'd 00 Quanta and it wrecked their shit pretty humorously.

My win/loss rate is still pretty bad (like 30 something out of 100 total matches), but I'm at least able to frequently bring the match to essentially one/two shots away from victory most of the time/not getting deadlast in terms of getting points.

If you aren't extremely good at timing your shots with Cherubim then a strong melee unit is going to give you problems, at least in a 1 on 1 matchup. A good partner will help you out by cutting but you can't always count on that. I really like Cherubim but I'm not brave enough to use him when playing with random folks online. In other words he's a very good ranged support unit but the lack of melee can be problematic at times.

oh dear. maybe i should have waited... :p
LOL. On a serious note, it'd be a good year at the least before we see anything resembling a home edition.

And one more S rank before mastering the Newtype mission tier. It's killing me though since winning quickly, keeping a high amount of health, or killing everything (or some combination of the three) still doesn't net me mah S rank in that stupid G-Bit/DX mission. :/

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Oh hooo, after getting my hands on this over the last few days, I must say it's amazing, much better than playing Next Plus on (a broken) PSP (my dpad wont go up and my thumb stick always goes down o_o).

Tried playing a few matches online, I seem to be insta-kicked from any ranked matches (at least I assume thats what the language I cant understand is telling me) but I've gotten in some good matches in Player, even with yellow and red bars its still silky smooth (reds got a biiit of input lag but its really good so far), night 1, got my ass kicked 25 matches and 5 wins. Last night 12 matches 9 wins, I even got a 6 win streak at one point.

I am happy to say that God and Dragon are as good as I had hoped, and they have sort of mashed Shining and God together from Next Plus to make a much better unit, somehow at a lower cost too.

Next chance you get Donkey Show (or whoever can) throw me an invite to the chatroom so I can keep tabs on what your all up to, and hopefully get some games in :)

JKTrix

LOL. On a serious note, it'd be a good year at the least before we see anything resembling a home edition.

And one more S rank before mastering the Newtype mission tier. It's killing me though since winning quickly, keeping a high amount of health, or killing everything (or some combination of the three) still doesn't net me mah S rank in that stupid G-Bit/DX mission. :/

If you don't need any of the other skills that boost health or whatever, consider skill #1. It adds 30 seconds to your completion time, which in Newtype mode automatically means like a 4,000 point boost to your score.

Since the ranks are really only based on the score you get at the end. I haven't really tried to S-rank everything (still haven't beaten that one mission, lol) but I have an S on that G-bit one from using Turn A and Beam Defense.

Yeah, I've been using beam defense for this one considering it's basically trying to fight through a spider web of satellite cannons in that level. I don't get it considering I've S ranked everything else, especially with the scores I was getting. I will try out the 30 second skill though.

I know you get nothing for S ranking all the trial missions, but it's my gaming OCD to do that, heh. I would've been online last night, but the net at my father-in-law's is proper shit. So I had to try to S rank whatever was left last night!

I have about 25 or so odd units to max out as well. :(

I'll hit you up when I get back home today, Spade Runner.

Coxy

On the topic of maxing out units, what's the best mission to farm MP?

I found the 4 vs 1 mission really good for it, I get roughly 150k a pop and since they're lined up at the start, I use the ex full to satellite cannon them right away so they're all half dead before the fight even begins

Love the new avatar, _dementia. Is that the Gouf I see there? Very fitting.

I've been so exhausted from the holidays that I've played very little the past few days. I'm off tomorrow so I hope to get some games in at that time.
Indeed it is. I saw it a while ago on my tumblr feed - A really well done Gouf Custom Master Grade with excellent detailing.

Bebpo

Banned
When do you guys play? I'm taking a vacation from work this week and if I'm around I'd like to join in and learn some skills from you guys.

Just got bak home from the holidays in up north England. Might play a little tonight if I'm not super tired, but I'll definitely be on tomorrow.

When do you guys play? I'm taking a vacation from work this week and if I'm around I'd like to join in and learn some skills from you guys.
It's usually from now until probably 12 AM PST. You'll get most of EU GAF in the beginning of that time span.

Shouta

Just let me know when you want to play and I'll be glad to teach ya some of the ropes and the like. I'm back on Pacific time so it'll be easier to catch me.

Will be on for a bit, not sure how long. Still feeling blah after dealing with sinus crap all weekend plus another shoulder dislocation that put me in the ER last night (and needs surgery :/). Least I can still hold a controller lol. Hope to have more time tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Wooo! Totally unnecessary, but I finally mastered (all S-Ranked) the Newtype Trial Missions.

KXSSg.jpg

The 500,000 MP you get is not worth all the trouble, heh.

MechaX

I'd also be interested in joining, even though PST is pretty ball-busting for us Midwest folk.

Unfortunately, my connection is pretty "meh" and I won't be able to get a decent connection until Saturday. But for the most part, it doesn't lag heavily (although, it does have a pesky second delay in terms of button input for me).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I really want this. And I could afford it, thanks to Christmas money and such. But the $86 Play-Asia wants for the Asia version is a bit too steep for me. =/ Damn shame, game looks absolutely amazing.

shuri

Banned
Some questions:

1) Is there anything to unlock in this game? New gundams, etc?
2) Is there a forum or a youtube series out there that explains strategies for various gundams? I know a video was posted earlier but it showed the basics

I'm trying to put time in the game but i'm so overwhelmed..

Some questions:

1) Is there anything to unlock in this game? New gundams, etc?
2) Is there a forum or a youtube series out there that explains strategies for various gundams? I know a video was posted earlier but it showed the basics

I'm trying to put time in the game but i'm so overwhelmed..
1) The only real unlocks are EX stages in Arcade Mode and Emblems for online in Trial Mission Mode. All units are unlocked from the start (aside from the DLC units or if you have the Hi-Nu unlock code, which cannot be unlocked by normal in-game means).

2) the only place to find unit specific strategies is at http://www.gundam-versus.com, but discussion is few and far between. You're better off asking here or at gamefaqs for unit specific strategies, unless you can read the Japanese wiki for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom