• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, I must be toxic to teams. I played in one room, lost more than I won, and I think I ended up costing the host a 27 win streak. He promptly booted me from the room afterwards.

... Yeah, maybe I should just avoid online for now.

Bagh who cares. Keep playing until the game clicks for you.

NEO0MJ

Extreme.jpg

Oh hay look what arrived (finally), I only managed to make God, Dragon, Maxter and Rose while I was waiting (fully painted too)

Pretty nice. Wish they would make HG versions of the gundams of G. Most were pretty cool and unique looking.

Xater

Easier said than done when you're going 43:L and 12:W.

If you are just starting out that is pretty good. I don't have a high win percentage either. I never got to play anyone with the previous PSP games. Well ok I played Next in a Japanese arcade but I got destroyed there.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Pretty nice. Wish they would make HG versions of the gundams of G. Most were pretty cool and unique looking.

Yeah it's too bad they havent capitalised on the mass of random contries gundams that the show had and just stuck to the main cast.

But at least after like 15 years they started making new models, even if it is just the HG 1/144 scale range, and its mostly retreads of previous models plus Nobel, but they made a model of Fuunsaiki (with Master), that alone is the greatest thing ever.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Seeing as how its just over 30 hours away until I get my hands on it, I was making my asian PSN account and noticed that the DLC comes up as "*unit name* Gundam Extreme Vs (Japanese Version)" sooo does that mean that the regular dlc from the japanese store would work on the asian version? (seeing as it does infact seem to be the exact same disc and all) I noticed there was a few others named the same like Disgaea 3/4, while most was absent that extra bit.

It is nice being able to see the information on the dlc in english that I can read, and the back of the box being english too, too bad theres no engrish in the game but who needs it to be Gundam anyway :)

Good games guys.

Got a taste of that humble pie in the form of projectile GMs.

I don't know if it's the suit or Shouta's skill but BD seems AWESOME.

Good games guys.

Got a taste of that humble pie in the form of projectile GMs.

I don't know if it's the suit or Shouta's skill but BD seems AWESOME.
Yeah, definitely ggs to y'all. Sorry about the timing out though. Too many people on the net at my mother-in-law's.

But yeah, BD is a great unit. The MG and missiles are so good.

I learned to enjoy Berga Giros today though. Really solid 1000 unit.

matmanx1

Yeah, definitely ggs to y'all. Sorry about the timing out though. Too many people on the net at my mother-in-law's.

But yeah, BD is a great unit. The MG and missiles are so good.

I learned to enjoy Berga Giros today though. Really solid 1000 unit.

Hey I thought I was the only Berga Giros fan! That unit has a nice selection of weapons and there's something perversely satisfying about launching bugs against someone. It's become my favorite 1000 point unit.

MechaX

Finished out with 70:L and 21:W. The matches were still fun, but I'm going to call it a night on online for today and probably dick around in the arcade/trial missions. There were quite a few pretty good original Gundam players, and throw in X-1 (normal and Full Cloth) and Destiny's around. I really only started getting some wins as Exia, as Cherubim and Dynames really weren't cutting it. Luckily, a lot of the players were just as lost as I was in terms of dealing with a unit up close.

Plus, I fought quite a few people with like 500:L and 100:W and were still pretty good, so that gives me some hope (that, and I guess it's a lot easier to lose 2v2 than in a typical 1v1 fighter).

I do need to check out options for my internet. Paying $65 a month for phone and a 1.25mbps internet really, really isn't cutting it. Plus, people were dropping out/leaving the room, and 2v1 matches are absolutely no fun at all.

Tain

All the Trials marked 5/5 difficulty are super easy and all the 2/5 and 3/5 stuff lately has been way harder. Weird.

Need more gaf games. Playing with randoms is the most direct path to suffering. Especially when the delay between hitting the input between EX Burst and it actually activating is several seconds.

matmanx1

Finished out with 70:L and 21:W. The matches were still fun, but I'm going to call it a night on online for today and probably dick around in the arcade/trial missions. There were quite a few pretty good original Gundam players, and throw in X-1 (normal and Full Cloth) and Destiny's around. I really only started getting some wins as Exia, as Cherubim and Dynames really weren't cutting it. Luckily, a lot of the players were just as lost as I was in terms of dealing with a unit up close.

Plus, I fought quite a few people with like 500:L and 100:W and were still pretty good, so that gives me some hope (that, and I guess it's a lot easier to lose 2v2 than in a typical 1v1 fighter).

I do need to check out options for my internet. Paying $65 a month for phone and a 1.25mbps internet really, really isn't cutting it. Plus, people were dropping out/leaving the room, and 2v1 matches are absolutely no fun at all.

MechaX what's your PSN name? I played in a room tonight with 2 people who had 0 wins and 0 losses when they started out and both of them surprised me with how well they did. I felt bad for one guy who kept picking Susano-O and doing really well but then ending up on the loosing team because of some other really good players in the room. He started out 0-10 but the one match we fought against one another with 2 cpu players he was really working me over. Susano-O 's Trans am mode or whatever is just ridiculously fast.

I used Dragon Gundam tonight and had a little more success with him although it was pretty much either feast or famine. If I could hit with the flags or a melee move I got some kills and scored well. Against some good players who were playing Gunner Zaku and Strike Freedom who could keep me at range I just got shot to pieces and did terribly. But hey, I had a good time and I've played more online with this game in a couple of weeks than I have pretty much any other game all year so that's really saying something. This is just a really great game.

matmanx1

Need more gaf games. Playing with randoms is the most direct path to suffering. Especially when the delay between hitting the input between EX Burst and it actually activating is several seconds.

I've gotten to where if I join a room and I see red connections I drop out and search again. Usually within a couple of minutes I can find a room with US players or at least players with green/yellow connection status and those are far, far better matches. Lostconfused do I have you friendslisted? What's your PSN? It will probably be the 25th or 26th in the evening before I play again (family is coming in to town) but Gaf rooms are certainly better than randoms.

Finished out with 70:L and 21:W.
You sure you don't mean 70 total matches and 21 wins? The first number doesn't represent losses.

And you need to get on some GAF matches. We keep playing til we fall out. What's your PSN?

And I might be able to pop in some matches tonight as well. Hopefully my father-in-law's Internet is ages better.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Me. I am the punching ball of gundamGAF community though. ( for Now )

Zeta gundam
Rx-2-78 gundam
And my beautiful ACGUY

Here for my weapons.

Nice idea (that and I am reaaally bored~) list of units I'm hoping to use tommorow, so it's a hype list if anything. Noticing a lack of 1000 units in my list, but I'll hopefully find a good one so I don't cause the team guage to leak like crazy...

GundamMains.png

Coxy

am I the only one who uses Zudah? Seems really solid for a 1000 pointer to me.

There's so many grunt units in trial and arcade mode that arent useable, they really need to release some kind of cannon fodder pack

MechaX

MechaX what's your PSN name?

My PSN is MechaX0.

You sure you don't mean 70 total matches and 21 wins? The first number doesn't represent losses.

And you need to get on some GAF matches. We keep playing til we fall out. What's your PSN?

And I might be able to pop in some matches tonight as well. Hopefully my father-in-law's Internet is ages better.

Oh, it's total matches? That's... a strange way to do things, but it makes some sense given the nature of this game. And I would love to get on some GAF matches (provided my internet actually behaves, as it's not doing quite well this morning; I really need to call my ISP about changing some stuff around).

Atcha

Nice idea (that and I am reaaally bored~) list of units I'm hoping to use tommorow, so it's a hype list if anything. Noticing a lack of 1000 units in my list, but I'll hopefully find a good one so I don't cause the team guage to leak like crazy...

GundamMains.png

lol

there are good 1000 units.
but you know , the party can be quicker with a 3000 or 2500 as well.

Oh another great thing : You can download some match sort by mobile name ( by example : Games with zeta gundam ).
In that way, We can see how to handle some mobile S. .

5:33 pm . I'm online !

Every match is recorded too :D

foblitz

Neo Member
Hey guys, new to the scene and from reading the posts around here have some means of setting up games? I'd def like to get in on that some time. :D
Psn : MoonlitSerenade

Shouta

am I the only one who uses Zudah? Seems really solid for a 1000 pointer to me.

There's so many grunt units in trial and arcade mode that arent useable, they really need to release some kind of cannon fodder pack

Zuda is my primary 1000 unit.

TreIII

Christmas Day tomorrow. I FINALLY will be able to start playing with you guys, with the help of my new TV.

*gets his new Mobile Trace suit prepped and ready*

matmanx1

All this Gundam talk is making me want to go home and play. Perhaps the fam will get into bed early tonight and allow me some time for a couple of matches. I feel the need to launch bugs at someone. >=)

I noticed today some retailers were offering this game under the title "Gundam Extreme VS Venus." This is the first time I've seen the name "Venus" come up. Anyone know if that holds any significance? I'm starting to think it's just the name of the South Korean version.

JKTrix

I noticed today some retailers were offering this game under the title "Gundam Extreme VS Venus." This is the first time I've seen the name "Venus" come up. Anyone know if that holds any significance? I'm starting to think it's just the name of the South Korean version.

Sounds like a typo to me, though I can't read Korean. Venus means nothing.

Xater

Fun games guys. Coxy you should hit the chatroom and see who is still playing.

Shouta I would really like to hear from you what you think of Blue Destiny.

Shouta

Fun games guys. Coxy you should hit the chatroom and see who is still playing.

Shouta I would really like to hear from you what you think of Blue Destiny.

Blue Destiny is pretty sexy. Excellent mobility and two very nice solid ammo weapons in its MG and missiles. The missiles are tricky and can be used for getting folks in the back if you know how to and the Mg is great because it has good speed and is a cartridge reload style weapon. Assist isn't bad, only one unit is called out but it has a quick recharge and the slide is good for breaking a lock/lateral movement when you need it (while counterattacking).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Oh hell, I bought it. I'm now overbudget and going to be eating nothing but rice and instant noodles for the next 2 weeks but fuck it. I need this game.

See you guys on monday! I haven't watched a gundam anime in like 15 years and know nothing about anything, so add me if you hate challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom