• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

There are only 2 episodes left and they're typically released in 6 months gaps.

In terms of releases it's no 08th MS Team, I'll tell you that!

I thought there were 10 Unicorn episodes? Anyways, the sooner it is done the better. And what about the 8th MS release? I remember having it years ago.

I thought there were 10 Unicorn episodes? Anyways, the sooner it is done the better. And what about the 8th MS release? I remember having it years ago.

08th MS team took more than 3 years to finish because the original director passed away relatively early on in the project.

I guess that's how long Unicorn is taking though :/

So how does online work in the game? Do I have to log in a JP PSN account or can I just log in a US PSN account and still play with you guys? Just started playing the game today so like still trying to get a feel of which Gundam I'm most comfortable playing with and there are like so many.lol

LegatoB

US PSN accounts work fine for online play. The only thing you need a JP PSN account for is buying DLC suits, if you choose to do so later. (And once you buy those, they can be used by your US account on the same system.)

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Consider MS IGLOO, it's 9 episodes split up into 3 series: The Hidden One Year War, Apocalypse 0079, and Gravity Front. First two have continuity and follows a Zeon weapons testing engineer, while Gravity Front has three one-shots from the Federation side. I really enjoyed HOYW and Apocalypse 0079, it ranks up there with 0083 as my favourite of the Gundam OAVs, but the whole thing is CG and you'll have to get over the weird (sometimes stiff) look of the characters. It's more focused on the grunts and there's none of that Newtype or Tomino magic stuff (Gravity Front is exempt from this guarantee). Plus, it's the series that gave us the Zudah and Hildolfr!

US PSN accounts work fine for online play. The only thing you need a JP PSN account for is buying DLC suits, if you choose to do so later. (And once you buy those, they can be used by your US account on the same system.)
Cool! Just added my PSN SonicX_Zero in the google doc, hope to meet you guys online and improve my game. =)

Shouta

Very sweet, I just made Second Lieutenant/Ensign (Shoui) in Ranked and got a 10 win streak again (i.e. replay upload). Huzza!

Shouta

Yeah, input lag Cherudim is hard to play. You need that split-second timing on the GN Sniper Rifle II to make it effective. Lag also hurts when you're trying to run away as well.

Yeah, input lag Cherudim is hard to play. You need that split-second timing on the GN Sniper Rifle II to make it effective. Lag also hurts when you're trying to run away as well.

I guess that explains part of my Cherudim suckage...very tough to get a clean shot with GN Sniper Rifle II for me even without lag. I am getting better at running away though :p.

NEO0MJ

08th MS team took more than 3 years to finish because the original director passed away relatively early on in the project.

I guess that's how long Unicorn is taking though :/

Interesting. Guess I should feel lucky I didn't have to wait like some of the fans did for the episodes to be released.

Here's the vid for the quick MP gain in Trial Mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjPQECRHI14

1) Go to the "Remove the Armor" mission (The one with 3 Alex Gundams)
2) Select Zaku II FZ
3) Select Skill 15 "MP UP Lv. MAX"
4) When the mission starts, target the first Alex Gundam and quickly throw a grenade (AB) and explode as soon as possible (BC)
5) Throw and explode another grenade just to make sure you kill all of the Gundams
6) Gain 53k MP in a few seconds! (make sure you take no damage to get the full MP available)

Rinse, repeat, get money. :3

baekshi

Banned
Here's the vid for the quick MP gain in Trial Mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjPQECRHI14

2) Select Zaku II FZ
4) When the mission starts, target the first Alex Gundam and quickly throw a grenade (AB) and explode as soon as possible (BC)
5) Throw and explode another grenade just to make sure you kill all of the Gundams
6) Gain 53k MP in a few seconds! (make sure you take no damage to get the full MP available)

Sweet! awesome find!

2) Select Zaku II FZ

Thanks for this.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
So bad at this. fffff

I'm too chicken to jump online before I have a better idea of wtf I'm doing.

Having SO MUCH FUN though. :)

So bad at this. fffff

I'm too chicken to jump online before I have a better idea of wtf I'm doing.

Having SO MUCH FUN though. :)

Jump online and start playing. Now that ranked matches are available, you won't get slaughtered as you'll be playing people at the same level as you. Really helps learn strategy much more than the AI.

JKTrix

How many of you guys play near a computer? If there's enough of us, we should find another way to communicate while we're in the game. Text or otherwise. IRC is easy for me since I already have it and we can all talk together.

The UI lag hurts sometimes.

Jump online and start playing. Now that ranked matches are available, you won't get slaughtered as you'll be playing people at the same level as you. Really helps learn strategy much more than the AI.
Pretty sure ranked doesn't match you up with similar ranks since I've encountered many lieutenants and sergeants and I'm nowhere close to them yet.

If anything, just jump in on a GAF game. We got your back.

And ggs JKTrix. We had a couple nice runs on ranked. :)

IRC sounds good. A Gundam-GAF channel, perhaps?

Shouta

Pretty sure ranked doesn't match you up with similar ranks since I've encountered many lieutenants and sergeants and I'm nowhere close to them yet.

If anything, just jump in on a GAF game. We got your back.

And ggs JKTrix. We had a couple nice runs on ranked. :)

IRC sounds good. A Gundam-GAF channel, perhaps?

Actually, that's not true. The game will match you up with similar ranked folks if you're doing Ranked Shuffle. I only get folks in the same range of ranks as I am now in Shuffle. I only get lower folks during Hold.

matmanx1

Would definitely be nice to be able to communicate with Gaf for spur of the moment games. I jumped in an "American" room tonight with a couple of guys that were absolutely dominating everyone. If you got on one of their teams you won and if you didn't you lost. And anytime I didn't I automatically got ganged up on by the same 2 guys running Sinaju and Arche. It was non-stop projectile spam, fangs and swords to the face. The only success at all that I had was with Red Frame and his increased mobility with his dash. And that just meant I died less fast.

I usually jump in Team Shuffle but that seemed like it was putting those 2 guy on the same team almost every time. I thought Team Shuffle meant the teams got shuffled? What's the difference between that and Team Free?

And a timely Gundam anime discussion just now I see. Barnes and Noble has Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all their music and movies starting next tuesday (Jan 3rd) so I ordered Mobile Figher G Gundam Complete Set 1 and 2 (the whole series) and Double 00 Gundam Season 1 part 2. Got some Christmas Gift cards for Barnes so the new anime isn't going to cost me anything and I've never watched G Gundam either. I'm psyched for it.

MechaX

Bahaha, Harry's Gold SUMO is awesome.

Jumped into Team Shuffle and got a couple of wins, which is definitely the best I have done online so far (and managed to pull off a 1v2 win where my ally was an AI Strike before I got booted).

I think I'm just going to stay in Free Battle for a little bit to get accustomed to the different units some more.

Actually, that's not true. The game will match you up with similar ranked folks if you're doing Ranked Shuffle. I only get folks in the same range of ranks as I am now in Shuffle. I only get lower folks during Hold.
I had the same issue when I first started in ranked shuffle and kept fighting sergeants as a lowly no rank. :(

Could have been the time I was trying to play and everyone online was around that same rank.

Last night when JKTrix and I were playing we did get several yellow matches though. Felt so nice playing with less lag!

ypw3j.png

YAY! :3

Happy New Year's GundamGAF!!!

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Congratulations donkey show!

I'm all for a GAF Gundam IRC channel, can't stand the PSN chat lag. Which network should we meet on?

Happy New Year to those in earlier timezones!

LegatoB

Congratulations donkey show!

I'm all for a GAF Gundam IRC channel, can't stand the PSN chat lag. Which network should we meet on?

Happy New Year to those in earlier timezones!
Just make sure it's on Esper so I don't need to connect to multiple servers.

Shouta

Damn JPs are picky. Can't get a Ranked Hold match at all. It's either connection or difference in Rank, I swear.

matmanx1

Enjoyed a mighty 3 win streak today using the Zaku II in non ranked play. Zaku II is lots of fun to play although I'm far from proficient with him.

I need to learn to avoid and or defeat the rushdown (the opponent who just stays in your face the whole match) with Zaku II but other than that I like it's arsenal. Maybe blocking would help? I'm not sure. I'm trying to use the vertical element more with all of my units but it's especially helpful with Zaku II because of the grenades.

I've also had a devil of a time getting an HK PSN code. After ordering one from Play-Asia they responded by telling me it would take 1-2 weeks before they got anymore. NCSX doesn't seem to stock them anymore but I finally found a store called Halu that appeared to have them in stock and be able to fulfill the order within 2-4 days through email. I payed with Paypal so I have buyer protection in case there's a problem but I almost with I had payed the extra for JP version so the DLC would be less of a hassle.

MechaX

Oh yeah, gg matmanx. I played in a room with you earlier and your team had me completley outmaneuvered (especially that x-2 on your team)

Boo. Lost my 7 win steak. But to be fair, I was in the GP02 and I fucking hate that thing.

matmanx1

Oh yeah, gg matmanx. I played in a room with you earlier and your team had me completley outmaneuvered (especially that x-2 on your team)

Boo. Lost my 7 win steak. But to be fair, I was in the GP02 and I fucking hate that thing.

Oh? What unit were you using at the time? And yeah, Runnyspade is the guy in the X-2 and he's very good. I just try to stay out of his way and not die too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom