• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Well, that was fun. If it wasn't obvious to me before that my Virsago needed work then it is now. I felt like I was a handicap for whoever was unlucky enough to be my team mate. At least Gouf's chaingun helped me a bit.
Kyouji, you were my biggest nightmare with Nu, until whoever used Crossbone came and literally destroyed my spirit ;_;

Well, that was fun. If it wasn't obvious to me before that my Virsago needed work then it is now. I felt like I was a handicap for whoever was unlucky enough to be my team mate. At least Gouf's chaingun helped me a bit.
Kyouji, you were my biggest nightmare with Nu, until whoever used Crossbone came and literally destroyed my spirit ;_;

Sorry about Full Cloth. =(

*hugs*

Thanks for the suggestions and the link. Watching replays is something I had not thought of and it's a good one.

That link is pretty heavy duty stuff. It's almost like a textbook for how to play the game and while I am reading it and learning some stuff it's almost more than I want to know. That being said it's really nice to gain a deeper understanding of the ebb and flow of the game and how everything fits together.

I also appreciate the fact that the document (manifesto? I'm not sure what to call it, really) points out the units that are recommended for the beginner and why certain units naturally fall into certain roles. I can see why I need to start with a good, straightforward all around suit and learn how to be a good player and partner and then can take those skills into pretty much any unit.

I'm going to mess around with some of the author's suggested beginner suits tonight and see which one I like the best and that will, I think, be the first step to improvement. The next, and the bigger hurdle, will be not leaving myself so open to eating so much damage which of course encompasses movement, boost management and so much more.

Nice that you were able to get something out of it. It's actually a translation of the original jp wiki for this game, but it's nice to at least get something out of it.

And ggs to kyouji, MechaX, Neo, and Spade tonight!

matmanx1

Nice that you were able to get something out of it. It's actually a translation of the original jp wiki for this game, but it's nice to at least get something out of it.

And ggs to kyouji, MechaX, Neo, and Spade tonight!

He kept referring to the actual unit sheets and I didn't see that. Is that part just not translated? I have the list off of Gamefaqs and I am using it but I was curious if there was more of this document that wasn't translated.

Ended up doing singe player stuff tonight. I'm working on the Commander tier now and got a couple of trophies and missions done tonight. I tried getting in some player matches but could not find a room with any decent connections so I went to plan B.

JKTrix

This is what he was referring to.
http://www29.atwiki.jp/arcgundamvs/

He only translated the beginner's guide from there, which is one of the subcategories on the left. The GameFAQs entry also used that wiki, but only used the first character page that shows what the moves are. The character pages on the wiki (separated by cost) show every move, then breaks down each move to its specific details (how much damage it does, how much 'down' it does, etc) and then has another page for combos and strategies just for that unit.

It would be a lot to translate. If you want to look at the combos you can do so, they are the top link of each of the character pages. I would recommend looking at the combos in the original Japanese. If you use something like Google translate, it will mess up the order of the buttons you need to press. Once you recognize the directional kanji are (they are split up into groups) it should be easy to at least pull off what they have listed.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice

Good playing with you Neo. Don't worry, Full Cloth gives everyone nightmares. Hope to see you again!

Do we have any North American GAFfers looking to play now or soon?

Has anyone who's played ranked ever seen anyone straight give up during a match? Spade and I were playing this Exia?/Virsago team and after we got them to 2000 really quickly, the Virsago just started literally walking away without a care. Needless to say, it needed to be taken advantage of. :3

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Has anyone who's played ranked ever seen anyone straight give up during a match? Spade and I were playing this Exia?/Virsago team and after we got them to 2000 really quickly, the Virsago just started literally walking away without a care. Needless to say, it needed to be taken advantage of. :3

Clearly Luna/LaGowe combination shook their spirits to the core and shattered any hope of victory :)

I really need to get another monitor so we can communicate mid match XD

xero273

I have't tried rank yet so how does it work? can I invite a friend to team up with me and play or is this random match up?

Clearly Luna/LaGowe combination shook their spirits to the core and shattered any hope of victory :)

I really need to get another monitor so we can communicate mid match XD

We need to mic it up, son. But hey, whatever excuse you need to use to get another monitor! :p

Gunner Dog is a sexy combo. :3

I have't tried rank yet so how does it work? can I invite a friend to team up with me and play or is this random match up?

Team Shuffle is obviously random, but you can either look for a specific unit cost or invite a friend in Team Hold. I've played with Shouta, Kyouji, JKTrix, Ju_bern, and Spade just recently on ranked using the invite.

I uploaded a couple more vids as well.

Ranked Matches with Ju_bern (Virsago, X-1 Kai): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNtIMADQOlw
Crappy 10 win streak with Gunner Zaku with randoms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbATMa-kpIo

sephi22

I love giant robots and fighting games and the OP makes this sound like my kind of game. I'm not a Gundam fan (never seen any season and don't know where to begin), but I have seen other mech anime.

Problem is, I live in the middle east and the connection is going to be terribad if I play with US or JP peeps. Any EU/ME/PK gaffers playing this?

Xater

I love giant robots and fighting games and the OP makes this sound like my kind of game. I'm not a Gundam fan (never seen any season and don't know where to begin), but I have seen other mech anime.

Problem is, I live in the middle east and the connection is going to be terribad if I play with US or JP peeps. Any EU/ME/PK gaffers playing this?

Look at the list in the OP there are EU peepy playing, like me for example. Right now I am taking a break because of all the stuff I have to do. Makes it difficult to schedule a time to play.

Like Xater said, lots of EUs playing and we just played with Neo who's from the ME as well. Connection was just fine. =)

Still several spaces in this room if anyone wants to get in on this action.

Thanks for the invite, but I needed to start playing some other games to tackle the gaming backlog of doom before the baby comes next month. Off for a date night, now.

matmanx1

Virsago CB was one of the suits recommended as "straightforward" (more or less) by that wiki so I tried it out last night. It's a surprisingly fun and effective unit with a couple of great moves. In particular the Ashatron assist that grabs the enemy and stuns them for a couple of seconds is excellent and sets up all kinds of opportunities for punishment. I've never seen the series that Virsago CB comes from and have no particular attachment to the unit but still may work on him somewhat.

I'm also liking Arche, surprisingly. His lockon range is shorter than Virsago by a wide margin and his main weapon only has 4 shots so he really has to rely on Fangs and Melee to do damage but he certainly is no slouch in that department. The Fangs reload quickly, can be used to stun and much like funnels can be deployed as you boost horizontally to setup a Fangs/ BR combo. I think he's a fun unit.

Shouta

There is, but to have to cobble it together using Free Battle.

I wish this game had LAN mode :(
Local play using the full screen would have been amazing.

An easier lan mode anyway. You can do a lan style setup but you still have to use PSN to report results. Hosting is on players it seems anyway.

An easier lan mode anyway. You can do a lan style setup but you still have to use PSN to report results. Hosting is on players it seems anyway.

Oh, I knew that, but years from now PSN is end-of-life'd for PS3 systems like XBL was for original Xbox, LAN will no longer be possible :(

I'm sure I'll be playing EXVS 5 or whatever by then, but it saddens me.

How do I unlock the EX version of Stage 5-F?

gBXrn.jpg

It's the only one I'm missing :(

Coxy

I have a gold in 4-F and it still isnt unlocked, in fact I got gold in 1-F, 2-F and 3-F as well just in case and nada :x

I'm shaking my funnels at you, donkey!

Good games, gentlemen.

Dat sat cannon. :3

Doesn't seem so.

This is from the Trophy guide:

Is my game glitched?

Nah, don't think so. Here's what I have:

mJ3Ur.jpg

Could be a case of getting higher EXs in some of the spots. It took awhile for me to get 5-F to open, but I know it unlocked when I got gold in 4-F (and all the other medals were the same in this pic prior to getting that).

EDIT: Read up on gamefaqs and apparently you have to get golds (or the point equivalent if you're already got those medals) for 3F and 4F on a single run before 5F-EX unlocks.

Thanks. Hmm, maybe 3F is the missing link as I have 2 bronzes there? Ah, this is driving me mad.
I'm just gonna go crazy and try Gold medaling everything.

edit: Just saw your edit.
If you get shot down and lose can you restart without any repercussions as long as you get Gold?

Thanks. Hmm, maybe 3F is the missing link as I have 2 bronzes there? Ah, this is driving me mad.

If you get shot down and lose can you restart without any repercussions as long as you get Gold?

Actually, that shouldn't be an issue.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
I tried modding my 360 TE stick today, but unfortunately I only ended up with a great reason to buy a new arcade stick.

ooh, what happened? I'm currently waiting on an adapter that will hopefully let my 360 TE work, but knowing ebay it will be something entirely different from what they advertised...

matmanx1

I tried modding my 360 TE stick today, but unfortunately I only ended up with a great reason to buy a new arcade stick.

Doh! =(

I'm in the middle of a stretch where I work 10 out of 11 days and so haven't had the time or energy for Gundam the last couple of days. Today is my 1 day off so I'll probably get some games in at some point and I hope to work more on Arche and Virsago.

ooh, what happened? I'm currently waiting on an adapter that will hopefully let my 360 TE work, but knowing ebay it will be something entirely different from what they advertised...

Nothing unexpected. I just think I didn't strip the cables well enough, the wire cutters I have are too big for the USB wires. I can try rewiring it later maybe it will work, I am just cranky since I didn't have breakfast yet.

Coxy

ok after some experimentation I finally did it, what you need is 250,000 points before you get to 5-F, hopefully that helps someone

I had to switch to unicorn to do it, Strike Freedom was too weak and the computer partner kept wandering into satellite cannons :|

ok after some experimentation I finally did it, what you need is 250,000 points before you get to 5-F, hopefully that helps someone

I had to switch to unicorn to do it, Strike Freedom was too weak and the computer partner kept wandering into satellite cannons :|

Ah, that's perfect. Thanks.

Next round of DLC is this coming week, I wonder when we'll hear about the next batch.
Probably the same day the DLC comes out like last time. I'm thinking Freedom and either a 2000 or Hi-Nu.

And I'm really feeling X-1 Kai now. I've really boosted my confidence in melee with it in general. =)

Anybody wanna join in on a room now?

matmanx1

Probably the same day the DLC comes out like last time. I'm thinking Freedom and either a 2000 or Hi-Nu.

And I'm really feeling X-1 Kai now. I've really boosted my confidence in melee with it in general. =)

Anybody wanna join in on a room now?

I dig X-1 Kai. He's one of my favorite 2500 point units. Pretty good all around and his EX charge shot is sneaky devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom