• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

I'm still gunnin' for the Asian version since its cheaper. Do imports like this ever go down in price?

I think I ended up paying mid $80's for the Asian version and it's worth every penny. I finally got my HK PSN code from Halu store today after ordering it on Sunday so that's not a bad turn around time. $29.99 for 200HK so their price is competitive which is also nice. I went ahead and picked up Blue Destiny and Arche but it's the next batch of suits that I really want. >=)

My internet has been up and down all night so I didn't try to play online but I did end up finishing all of the common soldier tier of missions and all of the emblems up through that tier as well. I would rather have been playing online but I feel good about the progress!

Been watching some videos on youtube lately, and I've noticed this little, I guess, pre-fight ritual some players do. As soon as the match starts, one player will put up his block, and his teammate will turn around and do a shoulder bash move. It's sort of like a Gundam high-five. They do it at the start of the match in this video. Not sure if I'm just watching the same 2 players, or if this is something the community has adopted, but I thought it was cool. Anyone else familiar with this?

Hmmm, I was watching the new DLC vid of The O and Gottrlaran and it looks like Katejina's unit is going to be a 2000. Looks quick as hell so that'd be nice to mess around with, plus more ladies. :3

matmanx1

Hmmm, I was watching the new DLC vid of The O and Gottrlaran and it looks like Katejina's unit is going to be a 2000. Looks quick as hell so that'd be nice to mess around with, plus more ladies. :3

Heck yeah man. I like both of those characters and their units. Katejina is just so sadistic and evil and her machine matches her well. Did you see the grab move where she jumps on the enemy suit and pummels it? Awesome!

Heck yeah man. I like both of those characters and their units. Katejina is just so sadistic and evil and her machine matches her well. Did you see the grab move where she jumps on the enemy suit and pummels it? Awesome!

Yeah, gotta love melee moves like that (i.e. EXAM BD-1).

Anyway, found another tier list, but with console units minus Arche and BD-1: https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/tier-list

Order is irrelevant. > denotes an order within a tier, however. So quanta and master are lower than the other 3k S tiers, etc.

S Destiny, Strike Freedom, Full Cloth Crossbone > Qant, Master
A Turn-X, High-v, Unicorn, nu,
B V2 00 DX > Wing, Turn-A

S Infinite Justice, Tallgeese
A Z > Crossbone X1
B Deathscythe, God Gundam, Cherudim > ZZ, Sazabi, Sinanju, Raphael
C Quebeley, X2, Kshatriya

S Char
A Forbidden, Dragon > Susanoo, Heavyarms, Blue Frame
B Dynames, Virsago, Gundam, Gold Sumo, Strike, Delta, F91, Hyaku Shiki > Messala, Gunner, Red Frame, Exia
C GP01, GP02

S Zaku2 > Hildolfr
A LaGOWE, Gouf
B Berga Giros > Ez8, Red Quebeley, Zuda
C Alex, ACGuy > GunEZ

Master and Qant: Fluctuates between bottom S and top A
V2, 00: Fluctuate between bottom A and top B
Dragon: Has steadily climbed from top B to top A over the last several months.
LaGOWE: Dropped from S to A in recent months
Hildorf: Moved from A to S in recent months
Raphael: has not been around for long so it may move.

The rest of the suits placement is generally agreed upon and has stayed this way for a while.

I've simplified this list, but I often consider simplifying it even more. As stated at the beginning, team composition and synergy, not to mention team coordination, mean so much that these tier lists should really only be used as a vague guide on what suits are "good" "average" or "bad".

Bolded as a reminder. =)

Honestly, I thought the Gouf would be higher
Should've stayed the same as the arcade tier considering I'm unaware of any particular unit nerfs/buffs since release/DLC updates.
Blue Frame high tier? I jumped on the right bandwagon.

Of course you would. :p

That's no lady.

"C Kyubei" lol

She has woman parts. She is a lady in my eyes, a crazy sadistic lady. :3

And yeah, fixed those translations. ^^

matmanx1

Interesting to see Destiny leapfrog the Full Cloth X-1. I'm seeing more people play Destiny lately and he seems to be easier to be good with than X-1, at least to me.

Dragon's proficiency does not surprise me. I like the unit but am not good enough to be effective with him against units that have great keep away abilities like Strike Freedom.

Interesting to see Destiny leapfrog the Full Cloth X-1. I'm seeing more people play Destiny lately and he seems to be easier to be good with than X-1, at least to me.

According to the site, order is irrelevant, so you can switch Destiny/SF/FC any way you want.

But people pick Destiny because its options are beast. I personally think FC is more dangerous in the right hands.

matmanx1

According to the site, order is irrelevant, so you can switch Destiny/SF/FC any way you want.

But people pick Destiny because its options are beast. I personally think FC is more dangerous in the right hands.

I agree, at least based on my experiences against them.

Any opinions on where Arche and BD-1 fit in? I feel that Arche is pretty strong and has a good balance of attack options but that's just a gut feeling based on limited playtime with him.

BD-1 I just got last night and other than hearing people talk about him and my very brief playtest with him I am fairly clueless about. The way his missles work is certainly unique.

shuri

Banned
Some random comments..

I'm really enjoying this game, it's very refreshing; it's like a fighting game.. with guns! It would be awesome to see this engine used with different franchise; kinda like the robot wars strategy games.

I still need to spend more time to get REALLY deep into the game, so far my main is 'Gunner Zoku'.

I'd like to be able to do 'linked' attacks in a sequel, the two gundams could combine their powers and do a giant one together.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Games has officially taken longer than Utage did to ship and that's even with Christmas being involved during Utage's shipping.

I'm just going to start staring out the window.

JKTrix

I hit my 100 hours the other day, though I think part of it was because I fell asleep with it on since I was/am sick.

I did finally clear that one Newtype mission though.

matmanx1

11 more... so close...

Nice man. It's going to take me weeks but I'm ok with that. It would help if I actually knuckled down and focused on really learning one unit but for now I'm enjoying the variety and getting to know all the different units. I'm like a kid in a candy store except it's completely ok if I sample all the flavors. And so I am.

Nice man. It's going to take me weeks but I'm ok with that. It would help if I actually knuckled down and focused on really learning one unit but for now I'm enjoying the variety and getting to know all the different units. I'm like a kid in a candy store except it's completely ok if I sample all the flavors. And so I am.

I'm doing nothing but Crossbone X-1, it's really helpedme figure it out. Still not very good online, but it's fun.

I think I'm above 70% now. I need the arcade mode medals, 100 hour play time, Newtype mission clear, Max out units, and some others I think before the platinum.

Apologies if I don't appear in the chat, I've got tunnel vision on finishing these :/

I took a break from the mission trials to knock out the 100 online win trophy. It's been refreshing.

I did that one first naturally just because the chat was so busy that first couple of weeks.

If I plan on platinuming a game I always go for the online trophies first before anyone gets good :p

MechaX

Reviewing the tier-list. Even though it mostly comes into play at high levels of play, I'm disappointed in the GunEZ. I like that thing, despite how it has wet tissue for armor and no HP to compensate.

matmanx1

I need to get into some Gaf rooms. I just get my face eaten in player matches and I'm not really sure how to improve. I'm sure there are many things I need to work on but at this point I'm not sure what I should be focusing on. I played about 10 matches online earlier before it got really laggy and only won 1 time. =/

I get a little bit mad (ok, more than a little) and walk away for a little bit but then always want to jump right back in because even as I'm loosing I'm still really enjoying myself. The game is such a blast that I want to keep trying and learning.

I just watched a bunch of Donkey Show's vids on his Youtube channel to see if I could absorb some of his skills through my screen here. I'll take any help I can get at this point!

JKTrix

I see matman is online right now, so some of us are going to play right now. Matman, answer my messages and join in!

MechaX

Sorry for bailing on the chat, guys. For some reason, connecting to the IRC made my internet connection quite angry and I have been working on restoring it ever since.

I need to get into some Gaf rooms. I just get my face eaten in player matches and I'm not really sure how to improve. I'm sure there are many things I need to work on but at this point I'm not sure what I should be focusing on. I played about 10 matches online earlier before it got really laggy and only won 1 time. =/

I get a little bit mad (ok, more than a little) and walk away for a little bit but then always want to jump right back in because even as I'm loosing I'm still really enjoying myself. The game is such a blast that I want to keep trying and learning.

I just watched a bunch of Donkey Show's vids on his Youtube channel to see if I could absorb some of his skills through my screen here. I'll take any help I can get at this point!

LOL, you don't want my skills (or lack thereof). ^^

But one way you can figure out where you're going wrong is to watch your replays and see how you're getting tagged through the eyes of the other player. It helps to see where you make yourself vulnerable and how the opponent is using your mistakes to their advantage.

EDIT: Reading this might give you a bit more insight, too: https://sites.google.com/site/unlim...-streak-correction-lecture#TOC-Battle-Outcome

Messed around with Blue Frame and even though I've been hit with its Tactical Arms melee several times and cringed a ton, I'm still surprised at how much damage it does. It's retarded insane on the level of 3000s.

matmanx1

LOL, you don't want my skills (or lack thereof). ^^

But one way you can figure out where you're going wrong is to watch your replays and see how you're getting tagged through the eyes of the other player. It helps to see where you make yourself vulnerable and how the opponent is using your mistakes to their advantage.

EDIT: Reading this might give you a bit more insight, too: https://sites.google.com/site/unlim...-streak-correction-lecture#TOC-Battle-Outcome

Thanks for the suggestions and the link. Watching replays is something I had not thought of and it's a good one.

That link is pretty heavy duty stuff. It's almost like a textbook for how to play the game and while I am reading it and learning some stuff it's almost more than I want to know. That being said it's really nice to gain a deeper understanding of the ebb and flow of the game and how everything fits together.

I also appreciate the fact that the document (manifesto? I'm not sure what to call it, really) points out the units that are recommended for the beginner and why certain units naturally fall into certain roles. I can see why I need to start with a good, straightforward all around suit and learn how to be a good player and partner and then can take those skills into pretty much any unit.

I'm going to mess around with some of the author's suggested beginner suits tonight and see which one I like the best and that will, I think, be the first step to improvement. The next, and the bigger hurdle, will be not leaving myself so open to eating so much damage which of course encompasses movement, boost management and so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom