• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXVS would be a fun side-game at Evo.

Still salty about no LAN

Yeah, no doubt.

But it looks like they are setting it up on the side there. =) Shame I won't be in the states around that time.

And stream for new page:

And Norcal Install tourney last weekend had EXVS streaming during their event: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/304860043

EDIT: Watch from the 30 minute mark when Double X is shown. Gameplay gets much better from there, lol.

matmanx1

Man it would be something if this game actually took off in tournaments in english speaking countries like the US. I'm not generally in to fighting games but this is definitely one I could participate in and feel excited about.

And hey, the more visibility for this bame the better.

"How does it handle with understanding the menu, is alot in english like more Asia region games?"

There's a small little english text blurb near each of the menu options.

d0c_zaius

I've played against Donkey and I believe he has the Asian version while I have the Japanese version.

To many games have taken me away from gundam vs :( I need to get back into the flow.

Shouta

Seems JP DLC works with the asian version of the game. I guess it would make sense. The disc is Japanese either away.

And thaaat's the tournament I mentioned in my last post :) My friends are the ones on stream in GF, I'm floating somewhere in the background.

Nice! Were you the dude in the back with the blue hoodie?

And it's so weird hearing people get hype during the matches. Hope the scene blows up soon and good on FinestKO for streaming the action. =)

I will admit though that the casuals were killing me with the green lock Luna in the beginning. Shouta and I were cringing in the IRC watching it, lol.

I'm about to grab this.

http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Extreme_VS/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4ddf.html

This is the version I want correct?
How does it handle with understanding the menu, is alot in english like more Asia region games?

There's also several menu translations in the OP and there's this youtube that has the complete menu translation for the game as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ__a2V5cIk

And I've played with people who have the Asian version, so it's all good.

Also, here's a repost for the new page of some youtube stuff I just uploaded.

Anyway, just did a huge youtube dump of ranked/player matches from the past couple of days:

Ranked Matches with SpadeRunner
Gunner Zaku/LaGOWE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4PCMmCsxY
Blue Frame/Delta Plus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLHsT7U_uA

NeoGAF Player Matches
Forbidden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVrBxtoGVGQ
Double X (dat sat cannon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3uR1Cd0zcw
Blue Frame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfl9Z9YGlvk

Random Player Matches
Crossbone X-1 Kai: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BE5oVtAJAg

Don't expect anything special, but fun nonetheless. =)

matmanx1

I have the Asian version. It works exactly the same as the JP version, servers and all. I actually downloaded the HK version DLC but I've since heard from folks on gamefaqs that the JP DLC works on Asain version discs so there's really no downside.

And speaking of DLC, aren't we due for some today? When do the Asian and JP stores usually update?

I have the Asian version. It works exactly the same as the JP version, servers and all. I actually downloaded the HK version DLC but I've since heard from folks on gamefaqs that the JP DLC works on Asain version discs so there's really no downside.

And speaking of DLC, aren't we due for some today? When do the Asian and JP stores usually update?
Tomorrow! And it's these lovelies. =)

download2_i1.png

download2_i2.png

Gottralan and The O. I love me some Katejina. :3

As for when it's up on the JP PSN, it's like 4AM GMT give or take.

rivals

Nah, near the beginning of GF ~1:04:00 I'm on the left in a grey hoodie and a beanie. It was really exciting and went well. We've been playing at that arcade every week for about 4-5 months now. They have a full 4 cab setup of GvG: Next as well which we played until this PS3 release. I talked to the owner of the arcade (Myung, great guy) and he said it's pretty likely they'll keep running this at every NCI.

Nah, near the beginning of GF ~1:04:00 I'm on the left in a grey hoodie and a beanie. It was really exciting and went well. We've been playing at that arcade every week for about 4-5 months now. They have a full 4 cab setup of GvG: Next as well which we played until this PS3 release. I talked to the owner of the arcade (Myung, great guy) and he said it's pretty likely they'll keep running this at every NCI.
Nice one. It's cool the owner is down to rep some EXVS. He seemed pretty decent at it as well. It'll be cool to see if this picks up steam now that it'll be in every NCI stream. =)

Hopefully places in So Cal like Denjin or Round One (RIP Arcade Infinity, loved playing the occasional NEXT and Seed Destiny there) do the same. Doubt we'd be able to set up anything like that in the UK.

rivals

Nice one. It's cool the owner is down to rep some EXVS. He seemed pretty decent at it as well. It'll be cool to see if this picks up steam now that it'll be in every NCI stream. =)

Hopefully places in So Cal like Denjin or Round One (RIP Arcade Infinity, loved playing the occasional NEXT and Seed Destiny there) do the same. Doubt we'd be able to set up anything like that in the UK.

Yeah, he really helped us get into the game and taught us a lot when we were starting. Him and Dacidbro beat my gf and I but it was kind of a rough match and I think both of our teams ended up tied for 5th. Dacid hasn't played Extreme Vs at all really but Myung dealt with us well.

I just talked to my friend who's playing Tallgeese in that vid (his account isn't activated on here yet) and he asked if anyone had suggestions for him or critiques of his play at all.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

And it's so weird hearing people get hype during the matches. Hope the scene blows up soon and good on FinestKO for streaming the action. =)

I will admit though that the casuals were killing me with the green lock Luna in the beginning. Shouta and I were cringing in the IRC watching it, lol.

There's also several menu translations in the OP and there's this youtube that has the complete menu translation for the game as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ__a2V5cIk

And I've played with people who have the Asian version, so it's all good.

Also, here's a repost for the new page of some youtube stuff I just uploaded.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+1 thanks guys

Ezalc

Who's next after The O and Gottralan?

EDIT: If I have the asian version of the game, could I buy the DLC from a Japanese PSN account would it work? (I'm very close to biting the bullet for this game)

Kusano123

Neo Member
Does anyone know which parts of Forbidden got nerfed? The guide says it dropped from tier A to C. That sounds like a pretty drastic downgrade. >_>;

Ezalc said:

Probably Forbidden and Hi-Nu... or hopefully a surprise. =)

Yeah, he really helped us get into the game and taught us a lot when we were starting. Him and Dacidbro beat my gf and I but it was kind of a rough match and I think both of our teams ended up tied for 5th. Dacid hasn't played Extreme Vs at all really but Myung dealt with us well.

I just talked to my friend who's playing Tallgeese in that vid (his account isn't activated on here yet) and he asked if anyone had suggestions for him or critiques of his play at all.

Good to hear the owner is big on helping you guys out like that. =)

They had a nice comeback in those last rounds. I probably would have to watch again but they should look to overcosting teams like 3000/2000 more often than out of what looked like luck. It's definitely hard (especially with Master down your throat, but worth it since he comes back at such a huge deficit. Also, he should probably EX more often than not versus trying to save it for a reversal.

I'm sure Shouta has better advice though.

Does anyone know which parts of Forbidden got nerfed? The guide says it dropped from tier A to C. That sounds like a pretty drastic downgrade. >_>;

Which guide? It's still an A last time I recalled. If you're going off of the brettworks one, there's a typo where Forbidden is placed twice in the listing. One in A tier, one in B.

EDIT: If I have the asian version of the game, could I buy the DLC from a Japanese PSN account would it work? (I'm very close to biting the bullet for this game)

DLC is region specific. You'll need to buy it from the HK store.

matmanx1

So Katejina's suit definitely looks like a 2000 point cost suit. Is The O a 2500 or 3000? 620 hps is less than I would have thought for a 3000 point suit so maybe it's another 2500? I'm grabbing them when they drop but I doubt either one will replace Arche for me in my rotation.

I think I'm gonna dip in. I was so close to buying Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 to fill a missing gap, but I couldn't. Anyone got an extra Play-Asia code sitting around?

Ezalc

So... which version to get?

Apparently Asia is the go to, though I'm considering Japanese simply because I'm too lazy to make another PSN.

I have another question guys, during like the arcade mode or whatever, in the PSP version when you picked a unit a little CG clip would play from the series they're from. Does this game have that too?

MuddyDrawers

Neo Member
They had a nice comeback in those last rounds. I probably would have to watch again but they should look to overcosting teams like 3000/2000 more often than out of what looked like luck. It's definitely hard (especially with Master down your throat, but worth it since he comes back at such a huge deficit. Also, he should probably EX more often than not versus trying to save it for a reversal.

I'm sure Shouta has better advice though.

I was the Tallgeese's teammate playing Hildolfr in those matches. We definitely focused on Master too much in the first two rounds.

Does anyone have advice for dealing with melee suits such as Master and Full Cloth once they get inside their melee range when playing as Hildolfr? It's hard to get away at that point with the tank and I have to hope for the opponent to make a mistake so I can get a knockdown. I also have difficulty cutting melee suits off of my partner when they are doing air combos. I can occasionally cut with the sniper shot but I'm not as consistent with it as I'd like to be.

matmanx1

Apparently Asia is the go to, though I'm considering Japanese simply because I'm too lazy to make another PSN.

I have another question guys, during like the arcade mode or whatever, in the PSP version when you picked a unit a little CG clip would play from the series they're from. Does this game have that too?

Why would you need another PSN? Do the copies shipping out now still contain the first edition Hi-Nu code? If so, then that would be a reason (you definitely have to activate that on the right region's store) but otherwise the Japanese PSN store DLC will work on the Asian version of the game.

Kusano123

Neo Member
GGs to everyone who played earlier! Man, I feel like I still have a long way to go. Especially how everyone seems to play so well under red connection. I apologize for dragging anyone down with Arche Gundam, since ALL the rounds were horrible with it. U_U

Which guide? It's still an A last time I recalled. If you're going off of the brettworks one, there's a typo where Forbidden is placed twice in the listing. One in A tier, one in B.

The brettworks one:

"Tallgeese released, became S tier.
Master, Char, Forbidden got nerfed, and other changes were made.
Master dropped to A, Forbidden dropped from S to C"

Shouta

I was the Tallgeese's teammate playing Hildolfr in those matches. We definitely focused on Master too much in the first two rounds.

Does anyone have advice for dealing with melee suits such as Master and Full Cloth once they get inside their melee range when playing as Hildolfr? It's hard to get away at that point with the tank and I have to hope for the opponent to make a mistake so I can get a knockdown. I also have difficulty cutting melee suits off of my partner when they are doing air combos. I can occasionally cut with the sniper shot but I'm not as consistent with it as I'd like to be.

Saw the finals and in general, you guys aren't doing too bad. Unfortunately the stream only showed your partner playing TG so I can't really dissect your play on Hildolfr.

For play in general, you guys are letting Master in too much and not running away as much as you should. Both TGIII and Hildolfr are better at range so forcing Master to rush in and make mistakes instead of trying to face him head on is very important. This very much is a ranged game so while melee characters are buff, they have to work to get inside and do the damage. All you have to do is run away from them. Focusing on just Master isn't necessarily a bad idea, just gotta make sure you land the hits and then keep the other guy out.

For the guy playing TG, he needs to work on movement control and the basic zunda (BRx3), particularly using the Super Vernier that TGIII has. The SV uses less boost overall and you can shoot a zunda much faster than most other units. That BR is also very high damage, second only to Unicorn (or Beam Magz, as I like to call him).

The Heat Rod TG has isn't as good as the Cloth or Whip that Master/X1 possess so using it isn't recommended unless you really know you can land it. On the flipside, using it to end combos is a very good idea because it'll keep your opponent out of the game a second longer and allow you to gain some distance or move to fight the other unit.

He also has the right idea of using the EB version of the mega cannon but don't do so when he has a full EB meter because it's a big waste. The only time you should do it is if the enemy is barreling down on you and you know you can land it. You're much better off taking advantage of the extra damage and speed the EB affords you until the last second.

As for Hildolfr, are you running the shot rotation correctly? Against Master and Full Cloth you'll need to run away and shoot your sub (as I recall) to knock them down. In particular, you'll want to zig zag or boost around them so they have to correct themselves. I'm not an expert with Hildolfr though but that's kind of the way i usually take on rushers with him.

GGs to everyone who played earlier! Man, I feel like I still have a long way to go. Especially how everyone seems to play so well under red connection. I apologize for dragging anyone down with Arche Gundam, since ALL the rounds were horrible with it. U_U

The brettworks one:

"Tallgeese released, became S tier.
Master, Char, Forbidden got nerfed, and other changes were made.
Master dropped to A, Forbidden dropped from S to C"
ggs to you too! Played a bit much, have we? :p

As for that guide, those are older updates. Forbidden actually got buffed in the last arcade update as it's rail gun has a shorter reload time.

matmanx1

Thanks to Amishpriest we both got our 10 wins in a row trophies tonight. Nice to get that one out of the way.

I saw several people running the new suits and was surprised that both are 2500 point suits. Gott looks to have a bunch of offense but low'ish hps. I only saw The O once and he was on my team and we won without dieing once but it could have just been luck or that the other guys were bad.

I'm maintaining my 50% win ratio in random play now which is far more fun than before but haven't been able to get into a Ranked match with a decent connection yet. I'm not all that worried about Ranked play except for the purely decorative purpose of that little rank emblem next to my name. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom