• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

The last thing GAFhop needs is a mod looking over its shoulder tbh. I mean at worst it's going to lead to the guy getting modded to doing dumb shit on account of GAFhop fuckery.

End up modded then demodded a week later.

IrishNinja

Everlast ain't ever answering your fanmail, shamrock.

mjcry1.png

i stay eating at whitey's

Detox

Ignorant mixes were a dope way to listen to those songs that would get burn for a couple months. Also for listening before going out.

Wonder if he still makes em.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
G-Unit Breakfast Club interview doesn't have much that's notable except the story where Suge tried to shake Proof's hand and he was like "Nah, you killed Pac, get out of here." lmao

G-Unit Breakfast Club interview doesn't have much that's notable except the story where Suge tried to shake Proof's hand and he was like "Nah, you killed Pac, get out of here." lmao

DAMN lol.

That's how I'd treat Farrakhan. You killed Malcolm X, fuck you breh.

Detox

50 also said Suge wanted Dre dead because he just left Deathrow, Pac was doing numbers without Dre. Pac was done with his album deal he just dropped makaveli and had his last two ready to go (artwork being done), the only way Suge could stop Pac from doing Outlawz on his own was if he gave Pac, Dre's piece of DeathRow.

Never really got into looking into Pac's death and shit but I knew about the deal and how Pac's crazy work ethic was partly due to him wanting to get out of it asap. Also I know 50 wasn't around then but Aftermath etc is basically the same team with Dre since forever so he would know all the people around the situation.

50 also said Suge wanted Dre dead because he just left Deathrow, Pac was doing numbers without Dre. Pac was done with his album deal he just dropped makaveli and had his last two ready to go (artwork being done), the only way Suge could stop Pac from doing Outlawz on his own was if he gave Pac, Dre's piece of DeathRow.

Never really got into looking into Pac's death and shit but I knew about the deal and how Pac's crazy work ethic was partly due to him wanting to get out of it asap. Also I know 50 wasn't around then but Aftermath etc is basically the same team with Dre since forever so he would know all the people around the situation.

Pac's death was simpler than people make it IMO. He was heavily involved in a label that was run by bloods, he stomped out a crip and got killed; we might not know all the intricate shit involved but that sums it up for me. There's a longstanding rumor that Diddy had paid some crip gang to kill Tupac and they waited until after the stomping to do it. I don't really buy that; seems to me that someone as reckless as Diddy would be dead by now if he was directly involved with something like that.

I wonder where Pac would be today if he hadn't stomped out Orlando. It's possible some other gang dust up would have killed him later, but if not...where would he be. Not talking music - I'd imagine he'd be wack but still popular, like Jay. I could imagine him being an established actor by now, taking some of the roles Denzel has had a strangle hold over (black man with a gun rules, basically). I know the main role in Baby Boy was specifically written for him, according to Tyrese.

DominoKid

man counting these streams are really helping artists numbers. Big Sean did 164K first week. Roc Nation stimulus package gotta help too.

*Big Sean (Def Jam) 155-165k (125-135k sales)
Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 90-100k (55-60k sales)
Chris Brown & Tyga (RCA) 70-75k (55-60k sales)
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 70-75k (40-45k sales)
Maroon 5 (222/Interscope) 45-50k (14-17k sales)
Nicki Minaj (YMCMB/Republic) 30-35k (13-15k sales)

Pac's death was simpler than people make it IMO. He was heavily involved in a label that was run by bloods, he stomped out a crip and got killed; we might not know all the intricate shit involved but that sums it up for me. There's a longstanding rumor that Diddy had paid some crip gang to kill Tupac and they waited until after the stomping to do it. I don't really buy that; seems to me that someone as reckless as Diddy would be dead by now if he was directly involved with something like that.

I wonder where Pac would be today if he hadn't stomped out Orlando. It's possible some other gang dust up would have killed him later, but if not...where would he be. Not talking music - I'd imagine he'd be wack but still popular, like Jay. I could imagine him being an established actor by now, taking some of the roles Denzel has had a strangle hold over (black man with a gun rules, basically). I know the main role in Baby Boy was specifically written for him, according to Tyrese.

Yams actually had a link on RNT about the real 2pac story that talked about diddy's involvement with the crips abd Haitian Jack. Its a shane his tumblr has been down for a while now.

PBY

Banned
^ha I ordered that too. Wonder if it's at home for me. Don't have a PC so I'll give the code away

CRS

^ha I ordered that too. Wonder if it's at home for me. Don't have a PC so I'll give the code away

I do live in Cali so maybe it'll arrive tomorrow if it's not already there.

Damn, that looks amazing.

Kinda wish I had ordered it now. Has there been any word on if there's going to be a digital release of the HM 2 soundtrack?

I thought it would have been available on Steam but apparently it's just a remix EP in the "Deluxe" edition. It would be a shame if it isn't.

Yams actually had a link on RNT about the real 2pac story that talked about diddy's involvement with the crips abd Haitian Jack. Its a shane his tumblr has been down for a while now.

I think I've seen that. It's the one that said Diddy and Biggie didn't warn Tupac about the robbery setup because they were being extorted by Haitian Jack. Haitan's goons shook down Biggie, went up there to basically extort Tupac the same way, he told them to fuck off, and the rest is history.

IIRC he was offered the role of Mace Windu for the Star Wars prequels.

I'm with on most of that shit, except for him being whack if he was still alive today. Considering his background and his crew, I think it was just past catching up to him. LOL, I couldn't believe someone like Puffy hiring an assassin.

I've been funking on summer jams today while working on the new drawing and applying to jobs.

Bambu - I Swear - Sun of a Gun
Lauryn Hill - Lost Ones - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Rapsody - Believe Me - The Idea of Beautiful
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime - Homebase
Nas - Summer Cookout feat. Nature - Unreleased
Kanye West - The New Workout Plan - College Dropout
Tony! Toni! Tone! - It Never Rains in Southern California - The Revival
R. Kelly - Summer Bunnies ft. Aaliyah - 12 Play
J. Cole - Sparks Will Fly ft. Jhene Aiko - Born Sinner
2Pac - California Love
2Pac - I Get Around feat. Digital Underground - Greatest Hits

I know it's kind of early, but what are y'all favorite summer jams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom