• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPS37

It's there, under the artist name Makaveli

Pac didn't release that album, it was some elusive dude Makaveli who lives by himself in Jamaica or so I hear
Thanks guys. Was thinking it was a conspiracy for a second.
Looks like it's a digitally remastered version also.

Edit: Also can I just take a second to profess my love for Spotify. Just started my trial and I've saved so many albums already.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
speaking of Pac, I didn't realize people were so down on him as a rapper.

I mean, he didn't write the most complex songs in the world but his delivery was so dope that it didn't matter to me.

RBK

Banned
Edit: Also can I just take a second to profess my love for Spotify. Just started my trial and I've saved so many albums already.
All I used, no need to torrent albums anymore either(not saying I don't either).

speaking of Pac, I didn't realize people were so down on him as a rapper.

I mean, he didn't write the most complex songs in the world but his delivery was so dope that it didn't matter to me.

Just people trying to downplay his legacy.

Biggie still better though.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
just had the back of my knee licked

RtgkGnx.gif

Biggie was definitely the better technical rapper and lyricist. Tupac was more of a poetic writer to me. Dramatic delivery, deeply introspective lyricism, and good songwriting in general. Yea he has some writing tropes (penitentiary Hennessy) that are pretty lol worthy when you think about it.

All that being said I do think Pac's flow is kind of underrated. Ambitionz Az A Ridah is such a dope example of the melodic way he attacked production pockets.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think people underrate Pac's technical excellence as well, it's this weird online phenomenon I don't understand. I just chalk it up as a symptom of overrating/stanning Biggie, though. There's few MC qualities Pac doesn't have (pretty much not being able to rap as fast, and he doesn't have exceptional wordplay but dude is no slouch) and he was still the more multifaceted rapper and song maker of the two.

Eos

No one's saying Pac isn't a good technical rapper - he's just not as good as Biggie in that aspect. Flow, rhyming, word play, metaphors, etc. biggie did it all and better.

Esch

Banned
Biggie gets more love because he was better. He could hit every lane sans heavy handed save the babiezzzz pedestrian social awareness rap fare and make it seem extremely easy. Only death stopped him from attaining GOAT.

codhand

aye if you rework the drums (they're kind of weak and tinny) on track 4 then that could really be a russian roullette tier track man. it's nice.

respeck man, thanks for listening, alc is always a big influence, most of these tracks are long gone, track four was reworked slightly but the drums stayed basically the same, but i agree with you. drums and bass are always the hardest to get right!

Myggen

I've never liked Pac's voice. Or his delivery, really. I respect him as a lyricist and a songwriter, and All Eyez On Me is a fantastic album. But I just don't like his voice.

So that's my take on 2Pac.

Biggie was definitely the better technical rapper and lyricist. Tupac was more of a poetic writer to me. Dramatic delivery, deeply introspective lyricism, and good songwriting in general. Yea he has some writing tropes (penitentiary Hennessy) that are pretty lol worthy when you think about it.

All that being said I do think Pac's flow is kind of underrated. Ambitionz Az A Ridah is such a dope example of the melodic way he attacked production pockets.
"When I get free part II" is another good example pac's technical prowess. When I get free mothafuckaz better watch they ass/soon as I get released I'ma clock some cash/Been a long time down but I'm back in the streets/There'll be trouble when they see me....I love that niggas flow on that track. East coast style beat too.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yeah, I listened to 7 Day Theory the other day and was surprised by how well it holds up.

Toss It Up is still
r9dE20Z.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Smh at people saying Tupac was better than Biggie when Life after Death became the blue print for every major rap release since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom