• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBK

Banned
Also I think I beat the first Dark Soul boss in 2 tries. The Capra Demon or whatever though? Fuck that guy.

I don't believe you.

Thief class could have been a bad decision, but that boss had some pretty cheap one hit deaths. Booshka's post pretty much explains it all, the controls are almost purposely shit.

Booshka

I don't believe you.

Thief class could have been a bad decision, but that boss had some pretty cheap one hit deaths. Booshka's post pretty much explains it all, the controls are almost purposely shit.

Nah, controls are very good, you just have to learn them. I wasn't used to attacking with the Triggers and Bumpers, but once you get used to it, you understand the game demands that control scheme.

I was pressing X to attack all the time and using items or switching weapons when I pressed Y to use a heavy attack. Got over that soon enough, and learned the controls.

And Thief is a bad class to start, play Pyromancer, Warrior or Bandit. Much stronger starting classes.

I don't believe you.

Thief is quite possibly the worst class you could ever start with if you aren't experienced with the games tbh. Besides the other obvious class

I'm not really an action aficionado either, but this gives me hope that Bloodborne is more my tempo. I always thought the combat was a pretty good basis for evolution but they kind of stood in the same place.

It's definitely still an offspring of Demons Souls at its core, you won't be doing crazy combos on enemies simply begging to be juggled and danced around, but that increase in speed, changing the dodge into a fast side step when locked on, and forcing the player to be more aggressive looks to have really refreshed the formula. It looks a lot more stylish and satisfying moment to moment.

RBK

Banned
No way. Ninja Gaiden De fucking stroyed me.

The only hard thing in NG were the boss battles really.

Thief is quite possibly the worst class you could ever start with if you aren't experienced with the games tbh. Besides the other obvious class

Yeah, this is true. I knew that going into the decision.

so is Pilot Talk 3 actually dropping this month?

or was that just a rough estimate.

Don't have a answer for you, but this post was needed. We're getting off-topic here.

IrishNinja

does anyone have a high res image of that bronson in the portraits of the mr wonderful docu? i need that in my life

damn, need more info in this

Pac was good, but obviously overrated
I agree with RBK tho, biggie was always the "better" rapper imo

really hate when these topics come up, i don't think pac or big are overrated...look at what a body of work dude gave us in his short life fam. so few rappers grow like that

Biggie was definitely the better technical rapper and lyricist. Tupac was more of a poetic writer to me. Dramatic delivery, deeply introspective lyricism, and good songwriting in general. Yea he has some writing tropes (penitentiary Hennessy) that are pretty lol worthy when you think about it.

All that being said I do think Pac's flow is kind of underrated. Ambitionz Az A Ridah is such a dope example of the melodic way he attacked production pockets.

+1 to most of this, though the pen/hennesey thing was far from his only crutch haha

Biggie gets more love because he was better. He could hit every lane sans heavy handed save the babiezzzz pedestrian social awareness rap fare and make it seem extremely easy. Only death stopped him from attaining GOAT.

i'm okay with dude as GOAT but this is spot-on

I'm struggling with Hotline Miami 2 brehs. These big open levels are fucking me up.

man that level 10 or whatever with the cop on the 4 or 5 screens of a loaded-ass boat took me a while

I was too. Until I learned how to play- use guns to draw dudes and focus on killing w melee as they come Around corners.

this is actually solid advice, yeah
man i can't wait for bloodborne LE to get here next week

IrishNinja

bumping mr wonderful again, id so get this on vinyl if i could

also i platted demon's & dark 1 (skipped 2, might cop the PS4 port later), wonder if bloodborne will have me like that

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll have to get into the vinyl game if my life ever stabilizes. I'm all about digital libraries but it's still not the same as a physical library of music. It just gives you a deeper appreciation of your collection. But I'm not fucking with cd's in 2015.

IrishNinja

got me in that mood, hitting Blue Chips 2 now....can't recall why i didn't love this

But I'm not fucking with cd's in 2015.

its funny cause i sometimes burn shit just to hear in my old-ass truck, haha...but yeah, vinyl is the only physical i fuck with now. oversize art, sound quality/feel, and the occasional extra art insert make me happy

FZZ

Banned
Man I preferred beats like Drop and Orange Juice that Earl rapped over

Even though they weren't his, they sounded really good with his style and the contrast worked well. I think I prefer the production he had for Doris over this.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
bah, I still like CD's. don't buy them very often but I could say the same about most types of physical media nowadays.

K.Sabot

Earl kinda sounds younger than he does on Doris imo.

Album leaves me wanting more, don't know if its in a good way.

Like, all the songs on it are good, but it just sort of winds down.

RBK

Banned
Don't think I've bought an album since My Name is My Name, refuse to go digital with anything unless there's some price advantage.

Vinyl is kind of a novelty thing as far as I know.

Bought TPAB at HMV today. Was about to pick up The Infamous for $5 but didn't end up doing it.

Time to check if the new Earl is on spotify.

Tokubetsu

PhtXjlw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom