• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBK

Banned
Doubt Macklemore sells or has any critical acclaim this year.

Maybe I'm just underestimating mainstream America.

DominoKid

what if he hooks up with metro boomin and zaytoven and gives us mackletrap

2YFfur1.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Macklamore had a huge single to propel album sales. That's sometimes all it takes to top the charts. I think he'll do okay being a white rapper that's known in pop culture and somewhat competent, but I'm doubtful he'll be able to match or beat the sales of the Heist unless lightning strikes in a bottle again.

RBK

Banned
Does Macklemore have pop intangibles? Can he make another catchy tune? No clue on dude.
Just going by the singles, they have a pop sound to me. At least not your traditional hip-hop record.

I bought the album because of the Grammy hype and don't think I've fully even listened to it yet.

DominoKid

read through the comments on that Cole video (mistake) and i think i saw an all-timer in smart-dumb logic

"you cant trust biracial people because they have to be loyal to two races." folks are tight that the white daughter aided their rebellion.

also mass amounts of kendrick slander. didnt think his brush with new black status made that many waves.

solid video though. wish he would go ahead and make No Role Models a single. album has grown on me a lot. so has Dark Sky Paradise.

Floridian

I'm pretty sure that Macklemore is forgotten atm. Now whether it stays that way whenever he releases his next album is for the general public to decide.

Doubt Macklemore sells or has any critical acclaim this year.

Maybe I'm just underestimating mainstream America.

He just needs a song touching on a hot topic.

Macklemore - Goodwill
Macklemore ft Kendrick Lamar - Black Lives Matter
Macklemore ft Iggy Azalea - Black Girl Pains II

Eos

Kendrick could have sold way more if he made a GKMC-like album (probably 500k+, he was coming off a great track record + built a huge amount of hype)
Kanye is gonna sell more than Kendrick
Drake is gonna sell the most in 2015

I've listened to Macklemore before The Heist. Knew about him for a while so I was happy to see him finally blow up after being a starving artist for so long. Shit really changed right when he linked up with Ryan Lewis.

I give Macklemore dap for having something to say. And a part of me feels happy that a blatant mid aughts backpacker sound invaded the radio. Seriously, dude sounds like Slug/Murs/Brother Ali/etc with that distinctive underground holier than thou vocal inflection. That sound was my life for a period of time so I can't fully shit on Macklemore. I think he's a very awkward rapper in terms of his flow though, and overall he's average. But I won't diss him.

And he seems like a good dude. There are far worse people in the game right now, like Travis Scott.

Booshka

if I was kendrick I'd only be performing "For Free" as the truck rolls through the city.

and after the 3 minute song you just keep going with 20+ min session of Free Jazz. Watch the crowd of people slowly dissipate throughout the set. I'd stay around for the Jazz though, wish I knew about this sooner, but I live like 20 miles south of where he is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom