• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

I've heard so many times about people installing their own HDDs into iPod Classics

If Apple released an iPod Classic today with 1TB storage, they would make buckets.

But they don't need to, so they won't.

injurai

Banned
They make more by limiting SKU options and forcing people to buy products that are more easily marked up. Apple is just harvesting us with promises that they enable a better future.

They are however incredible at corporate imperialism.

big ander

I don't get how there isn't a really good high capacity player at all now that the classic is gone. I know you can get fiio ones with SD cards and have like, 256gb for $450. I think sony has ones but for $700. How was some company not at the ready with some 300gb player in the $300 range? not to mention that demand from apple for high capacity players seriously being so low that it wouldn't be profitable to have say, one remaining classic model or a high-capacity Touch. but w/e, I still have 5gb of free space on this 160gb with just casual manual management so I have a nice few months remaining where each sync isn't a fucking hassle

illadelph

I've heard so many times about people installing their own HDDs into iPod Classics

If Apple released an iPod Classic today with 1TB storage, they would make buckets.

But they don't need to, so they won't.

This is exactly what I've wanted forever.

iPod Classic is the best product Apple's ever come out with, they need to bring it back

cory64

CaeBldb.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lord Finesse on Juan Epstein. Nothing too crazy, but some perspectives.

9:00 - Finesse enters
10:00 - They talk about his first vocal performance
11:00 - Talks about his hood, going to catholic school with Diamond D, all the artists that came out of his block
14:00 - They play/discuss Buckwild's first placement (production) on the B-side to The Shit Is Real
15:30 - His childhood, going to a vocational school in his teens for electrical engineering, getting there and the program no longer existing lol
18:30 - His school had MF Grimm, Kane, originally being "MC Ron Ski"
20:30 - Wasn't a 5%er, but was surrounded by them so it influenced his rhymes, didn't get his name from that, talks about going neighbourhood to neighbourhood battling and what that was like
24:30 - Talks about Guru hearing his demo and vouching for him, going through "New Music Seminar" which labels held to pit new signees against each other to see who rises to the top
27:30 - They go through some of Diamond D's production
38:00 - Talks about the first time he made a record where he did everything on the record
40:30 - Describes how Diggin In The Crates came together, ridiculous tour they went on with so many big names, how people like Fat Joe and Big L joined up, how they went about choosing who got to be in the crew, why reunions broke down
47:00 - Thinks DITC is pretty much second only to Wu-Tang in terms of their crew's body of work as producers, MCs, discography, unreleased stuff, B-Sides, etc.
49:00 - How he approaches people asking him for features; "Hey, do a 16 for my record, it'll be a good look for you." "No. I don't need the look. I don't want the look."
50:45 - Talks about what the best cheques are that come in. Mentions Dre is by far the most by far, Suicidal Thoughts is up there, tells the story about how the Dre thing came to be (meeting Mel-Man and it going from there) and The Message
55:00 - Lord Finesse says last year he was recording with Dr. Dre for 5 fucking months, he thinks the expectation is insurmountable at the moment, says we might here something on the NWA album (soundtrack), but who knows
59:00 - Tells the story of how Big L got signed to Columbia, got lost in the label mix and overshadowed by Nas, Fugees, etc.
1:07:00 - Finesse talks about how he was supposed to be part of the Hitmen; "I was the Hitmen before there was the Hitmen," Mayhem was apparently an A&R at Penalty records back in the day?
1:09:00 - Rosenberg says there's a pattern in his stories and asks Finesse if he's hard to work with, Finesse cops to being hard edged, goes into how he approaches business relationships
1:12:30 - Says his wiki page is mad inaccurate lol "Fuck dat wiki shit," they go over some stuff on his wiki that is completely made up
1:24:45 - Mentions he briefly heard about LL and Pun going back and forth, talks about what recording with Biggie was like and the big 8-person phone sessions they had, and how they used to get the beats to play crystal clear through the phone
1:28:00 - Says Come On was his favourite Biggie joint he did
1:31:45 - On how big his record collection is "about ten thousand"
1:37:30 - They talk about the Fatboy Slim thing, where he thought he was only being sampled for a hook but it was essentially the whole song + only vocal performer, and kind of skirts around the Mac Miller thing a bit

tl;dr: Finesse worked for 5 months in the studio with Dre over the summer #ImNotSayingItsDetox

Amber's body is just....*insert OG maco Adlibs*

Wiz is a fool assuming the marriage itself was going good at that point

Don't really get the ambivalence to new bronson around here

For me: mr wonderful > kendrick >= earl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom