• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
it's the game equivalent of that girl who wears new eras and sneakers to try to be cool, or something...

real men dont play games, but if i was to play a throwback, isometric, party-based, western rpg, i would play Divinity
ynao8rF.png

give me that real talk breh. i know dustheads are gonna overrate it just cause they miss the CRPG era. does it have new ideas, or present old ones in a fresh context?

Like Divinity did.

thabiz

i was digging the chuuwee. then i wasnt. i just kinda dies in the middle of the record. and hes not the best on the mic on that. nice production tho.

honestly Tyler's production sort of reminds me of old RZA to a degree. At least, his darker lofi beats. I know people hate on him but dude has some beats I fuck with.

overall I've never really fucked with his albums. Bastard had some good tracks.

Courage

Earl might have taken Tyler's old production style and refined it on his new album, really
Agreed. He does that 'minimalistic', murky production without it sounding elementary. Only problem I have with IDLS IDGO is the mixing and the underwhelming lo-fi quality.

Fjordson

So umm this new Chuuwee is nice, didn't even hear any homophobic bullshit.

I like this. Dope production. I remember loving that Millennium Falcon tape with Chuuwee and Sundown.

It pains me to hear a nice guest spot from Blu though. One of my favourite MC's, but he doesn't seem interested in crafting albums like he's capable of. Oh well.

mooooose

I like a lot of Wolf even though it's bloated. I disagree on Awkward and Answer. On Wolf, I think Tyler finally eclipsed 2013+ Pharrell.

IrishNinja

Yeah if you think you need a new mat, go to a local thrift store and just buy the cheapest player and use it for parts.

I recently upgraded to this cartridge and it's phenomenal at tracking thus far, but you have to make sure it's compatible with your player - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=205325&Q=&is=REG&A=details

remind me, the player im waiting on has an amp for my receiver, but they're saying it's prolly gonna be (i forget the terms here) on a track vs the newer ones that don't need that. is that usually an issue?

Could be your player, needle or your tone arm is imbalanced.

Also new records, because of their resurgence, have been not quite up to snuff of past pressings. Because the few remaining factories pressing LP's anymore are being inundated with requests their production quality is starting to waver heavily. Especially newer stuff being pressed at some shady pressers. It's kind of a crap shoot at the moment unless your shit is being pressed in Europe or the American Mid West.

Who needs PT3?

didn't know any of this, but makes sense given the niche demand i guess...shame though

give me that real talk breh. i know dustheads are gonna overrate it just cause they miss the CRPG era. does it have new ideas, or present old ones in a fresh context?

Like Divinity did.

this post makes me wanna check out Divinity, but still, how many games have you played with writing on par with Planescape Torment, to this day? not many, fam

Not when you buy a crappy one like I did. That's how my wife got the idea for the penny.

again, right there with you WW - might gotta try this shit on my bum-ass combo player. the skipping, i can't tell if that's cause a lotta my donor records aren't in the best shpae, but the output quality (when not in headphones), no penny can save that

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just found out about the new Grips today. This shit is insane, love it. Knee jerk reaction is that it might be my fave project from them since the first two. It's def gonna be my go-to adrenaline fix music for awhile. Why A Bitch Gotta lie is amazing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
They definitely leaned way heavier into pure metal/punk rock this time around vs. the more experimental electronic stuff they were getting into with their previous shit. Epic shit tho. (talking about disc 2...disc 1 is the latter for sure).

IrishNinja

are you saying PoE has writing as good as planescape, pleighboi?

haha i can't say shit cause ive not played it but i figured that was the hype? waiting for full impressions but yeah if its not near that level i'm not fuckin with it, as you know i mostly missed the golden era of CRPGs so its not like im there for the engine/etc, if writing isn't at least as interesting as say vampire masquerade was, i'm out

studyguy

haha i can't say shit cause ive not played it but i figured that was the hype? waiting for full impressions but yeah if its not near that level i'm not fuckin with it, as you know i mostly missed the golden era of CRPGs so its not like im there for the engine/etc, if writing isn't at least as interesting as say vampire masquerade was, i'm out

The writing is on point in PoE.
Played through Planescape, Icewind, BG, Fallot, etc etc way back in the day. It's super reminiscent of Baldur's Gate but like infinitely more accessible due to not being stuck with Infinity Engine fuckery. I don't see why people had such a hardon for the engine, I thought it aged like shit. But not being tied to D&D mechanics makes it easy to understand... or at least as easy as these kinds of games will get. Shit's not a Bioware game is what I'm saying.

Courage

I've actually been re listening to the whole Death Grips discog and I've been enjoying two of the albums I've neglected. Overall my ranking would be something like:

1. The Money Store
2. Jenny Death
3. NO LOVE DEEP WEB
4. Exmilitary
5. Government Plates
6. Niggas on the Moon

injurai

Banned
I've actually been re listening to the whole Death Grips discog and I've been enjoying two of the albums I've neglected. Overall my ranking would be something like:

1. The Money Store
2. Jenny Death
3. NO LOVE DEEP WEB
4. Exmilitary
5. Government Plates
6. Niggas on the Moon

I need to do this. I've only listened to each album 2 or 3 times.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

1. The Money Store
2. Jenny Death
3. NO LOVE DEEP WEB
4. Exmilitary
5. Government Plates
6. Niggas on the Moon

Exmilitary is still at the top of my list. Culture Shock, Guillotine, I Want It I Need It and Takyon are DG at their finest. If Jenny Death holds up over time it could be a contender, though.

Government Plates is the only one that hasn't stuck with me. Just a little too incoherent, I guess.

PBY

Banned
Exmilitary is still at the top of my list. Culture Shock, Guillotine, I Want It I Need It and Takyon are DG at their finest. If Jenny Death holds up over time it could be a contender, though.

Government Plates is the only one that hasn't stuck with me. Just a little too incoherent, I guess.

Seriously- should I even buy Death Grips tickets? Feel like it will end up with them not showing, or me just hating the crowd.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Seriously- should I even buy Death Grips tickets? Feel like it will end up with them not showing, or me just hating the crowd.
They don't show up? Burn everything to the ground!

Hate everyone there? Burn everything to the ground!

I call that the Win-Win-Win

Fjordson

That happened to my brother-in-law in Chicago at one of their gigs. I think it was a festival or something. He was really hyped for it too.

Not a Death Grips fan so I've never really kept up with it, but I don't get why they cancel gigs and shit. Seems like a dick move to their fans.

studyguy

Personally I never really got why they keep saying they quit music all together over and over. That always bugged me about them. They seem like the type of band that just cuts and runs mid tour over nothing.

They've cancelled two shows in LA I had tickets to. Be warned. I aint buying tickets this time around but I've already caught them twice including a goat coachella performance.

big ander

Money Store>Exmilitary>NLDW>Jenny Death>=Govt Plates>NOTM
I think they'll show up this tour. even as someone who had them cancel on me once I do kinda enjoy how people get angry at it. the way they do it is just an internet-age update of like the replacements rarely playing a coherent show in their day, or that time rage against the machine stood naked on stage and got pelted with shit. someone really hopped up on DG's manufactured myth could argue that their playing on stage via skype or not showing up at all is a comment on how perception of things on the internet doesn't match real life but i don't post on /mu/ like that

The two songs I've heard from this chuuwee are pretty smooth.

Cudder

1. The Money Store
2. Jenny Death
3. NO LOVE DEEP WEB
4. Exmilitary
5. Government Plates
6. Niggas on the Moon

Jenny Death was the double album that just released, right? I think I have the first half, but not the second. And they released an instrumental album recently that I haven't listened to yet. I need to get on it.

Courage

Jenny Death was the double album that just released, right? I think I have the first half, but not the second. And they released an instrumental album recently that I haven't listened to yet. I need to get on it.
Niggas on the Moon was the first half, Jenny Death was the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom