• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

PaOC4is.gif

what does this mean

XXX didn't influence anything in the grand scheme really. It was just a stellar album.

Was it the album where he rapped with his normal voice? Can't remember, right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We've been through this before, and I think the album already gets uumpteenth more praise than it deserves, so I'm not going into it again. Less than a quarter of the songs on there are keepers, it's got a swath of quintessentially meh songs with a heap of corny/embarassing bars (and entire songs as well) that if it was anyone else saying that shit they'd get clowned on (and people like Ab-Soul do).

We're Gonna Be Lords documentary. Lazy copypasta, because I haven't watched yet:

French Montana ft. Jeremih, Fabolous & Rick Ross - Bad Bitch (Remix). Fuck with this, especially the production.

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess. This song still gets some burn from me, definitely my favourite off of the album.

Bobby Shmurda ft. Abillyon & Rowdy Rebel – Get A Room For Ya. Well this is different.

Rich Homie Quan - You Not. Sounds like a Young Thug breakup song.

Dej Loaf - On My Own. It's ok.
One of the better songs on her album.

Dunno how I missed this, but Charlamange clowning Dame Dash after the interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc8y6_OyURw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPelwOf196c

Clowning his shit will never get old yall. Someone is gonna have to fuck up big time to snatch 2015's L of the Year award from him.

"Saving money is for suckers." Word? I understand that investing your money makes more sense than letting it sit in a savings account, but having money in your account is never a bad idea brehs. It's certainly better than starving yourself of capitol by propping up any bad business idea that comes into your mind.

I'm always confused by classics having to have an impact on anything to be considered one. Like some classic rock albims were just really fucking good, but didn't destroy or change anything. Maybe their initial sound did but after? Plus a lot of underground shit is being called classic now even though no one listened to it back in the day.

"Saving money is for suckers." Word? I understand that investing your money makes more sense than letting it sit in a savings account, but having money in your account is never a bad idea brehs. It's certainly better than starving yourself of capitol by propping up any bad business idea that comes into your mind.

Dame "diversification" Dash
too bad he diversifies in the most godawful shit nahmean

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm always confused by classics having to have an impact on anything to be considered one. Like some classic rock albims were just really fucking good, but didn't destroy or change anything. Maybe their initial sound did but after? Plus a lot of underground shit is being called classic now even though no one listened to it back in the day.
Word. I think I definitely lean towards a classic having to *mean* or contribute to something at the very least in some tangible way. Hip-hop is weird because we've appropriated taken the word classic for ourselves and worn it out, so pretty much if your album was straight and came out in the heyday of your regions movement, it's a classic to someone.

For me, getting a bit tighter on what's called a classic is just a natural response to people calling everything a movie or a classic or w/e and that shit gets tired. If it's a really really good album, it can be just that and that's not a problem and doesn't take away anything from it. When something comes around and it's more than that, we need a word to give it up lol

Dunno how I missed this, but Charlamange clowning Dame Dash after the interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc8y6_OyURw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPelwOf196c

Clowning his shit will never get old yall. Someone is gonna have to fuck up big time to snatch 2015's L of the Year award from him.

I love this. I had a buddy of mine posting the Dame Dash interview saying, "This is how Real Bosses move." smh...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did that Dame Dash interview go viral or something?

My teenage cousin (who's not really into hip hop) came up to me asking if I had seen an interview with "this guy that used to work for Jay-Z" and I was like wtf

FZZ

Banned
Has over a million views, and dwarfs a lot of the other Breakfast club interviews in terms of views. I think it did.

Probably what Dash wanted tbh.

watching the justin bieber roast
pretty funny
hannibal buress on snoop:

"snoop is good at social media but he's bad at music now. snoop, the only way you'll get another hit is if you stand behind suge knight's car in a parking lot"

We back again on what's a classic album bullshit?

yea lots of arguing but we were able to agree that MMLP2 is a bonafide classic and greatly eclipses the original

I'd imagine we inflate the impact of Dame Dash on the public. Can't help but think even the dumbest dudes didn't quit their jobs to sell t-shirts. The thing Dame never addressed, which Charlmange noted, is that most people don't have capitol. You can't just quit your job and be able to pay your bills AND finance a business.

Nothing wrong with being an entrepreneur, I respect that shit, my dad owns a small business, etc. But this is 2015 - dudes aren't financing anything by selling t-shirts on the street. I know guys who made a lot of money fixing iPods/iPhones/etc or computers in high school and college...that's the type of shit that makes sense to me. Or selling baked goods, you know...worthwhile shit.

There's some things I agree with in that Dame interview but at the end of the day he's a arrogant asshole. If your tryin to put someone on game you don't demean and belittle them to get your point across it undermines your whole message.

There's some things I agree with in that Dame interview but at the end of the day he's a arrogant asshole. If your tryin to put someone on game you don't demean and belittle them to get your point across it undermines your whole message.

being an entrepreneur is a great achievement to pursue. but funding...how does the average person receive funding? taking money from someone else or an institution is not what a harlem man does.

plus he manages to shit on the entire working population of the country with his asinine statements.

by his definition some of the greatest entrepreneurs of our generation such as mark zuckerburg and elon musk are not real bosses. they can't call themselves bosses like his son who owns BUNS does.

edit: murda mook looked embarrassed as hell in the interview lol. who's the goober on dame's left though? he was eating up all his philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom