• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Fjordson's avatar, brehs.

4kh1rstveudb.png

Fjordson

IrishNinja

how you been soul creators? good to see you mang

ahem clear your calendars brehs

04.28.15 RAEKWON FLY INTERNATIONAL LUXURIOUS ART

We need that Rae in the streets, boy, there's been a motherfucking drought

does it have ghost features

because I am not touching a raekwon project if ghost isnt even going to clear his throat on the track, b

i can just picture raewkon like

international fly luxuri-- no, no...

art luxurious international fly! yeah!, hmm, no, no.

fly art luxurious international, what do you think ghost?

ahaha also this, all of this

speaking about wutang solo projects

Blackout! 3 this year. Anyone know when that's due?

Then also Genius Dark Matter come fall.

when reggie was out here like a month back, he said he's tying up Muddy Waters 2 and Meth is doing his Crystal Meth mixtape, then they'd be on Blackout 3 & touring for it later this year

Dark Matter...last i heard GZA was still at universities practicing socrates philosophies and hypothesies #WATCHOUTFORLIQUIDSWORDS2

That Bronson album was alright. Nothing life changing on it, but it was worth a spin. I should give his other shit another chance some day.

my man you in bof the CAC & dusthead crew...if we finna spend this much time together you need to come around

this was nice too

here for this!

Spotify is pretty wack when it comes to international artists/music.

man trying to put together a jazz-hop playlist absolutely exposed the holes in their catalog for me, fuck

It's stannery turned sour.

yup - if you see the buddha, kill the buddha
isn't this kinda keeping with the cycle weezy had with jay? dickriding then bitterness

Artist:
EHErL3G.png

Number Tracks and Runtime: 15 tracks and 68 minutes
Today when scrolling across my Facebook page, Von Poe VII and a friend shared something interesting to me. It was a link to an article about the top South African female emcees. The first artist I decided to give a listen to was this artist Yugen Blakrok. I was vastly impressed with House of Ravens and decided to give Return of the Astro-Goth a try. I am highly satisfied with this experience. Yugen has a very suave sound to her voice and not to mention her flow is impeccable. The album is set to an electro, boom bap, and alternative mix that also sounds sort of space-like. This album is embodied with an Afro-futurist and goth aesthetic. There are lines referencing to celestial bodies, the cosmos, darkness, ravens, and everything goth. Most of Yugen's rhymes on this track are all about just laying down hard lyrics with sprinkles of social commentary throughout. She also seems to have a strong sense of wordplay as well.

There aren't many of them, but featured artists also do a pretty good job and Shorty Skilz is my favorite out the bunch with his raw sounding voice synchronized flow. To give closure to this review, this an astounding album and a recommend to any fan of classic boom bap rap.

8.5/10

Notable Tracks: House of Ravens, Constellations, and Medusa Complex

codhand

So The Documentary 2 will feature more skits of Dre talking but no beats right? lol

smh @ anyone who falls for this shit again

exactly!

"Yo whatup, this Dr. Dre. Game, we need you to bring that fire back, ack, ack ,ack" [beat drops]

yes, that "game you irrelevent" gif is back, joy

Vorheez

Are you guys posting these gifs/pics from your phones? How?

Bout time I get in on it, I'm tired of not being able to express myself without slapping drizzys face at the end of my sentences

Fjordson

Are you guys posting these gifs/pics from your phones? How?

Bout time I get in on it, I'm tired of not being able to express myself without slapping drizzys face at the end of my sentences
Can be done a phone. Just copy and paste the image URL of the smiley.

Certainly easier on a PC though. And most of my GAF posting is when I'm on my PC at work so
full

Cheddahz

Banned
#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

If you want in, this is what you need to do:
- Quote this post before tomorrow at 8PM EST
- Once you quote the post, I'll add your name to the list and assign a number

Once you quote the post, what do I do?
- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

The album has been posted, do I just stare at the review of it?
- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

I wanted in, but I didn't sign up in time, what now?
- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again

Courage

#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again

I'm in.

If anyone thinks it's better, would you prefer we don't have an order and just generate the numbers weekly? I feel anyone that wants to join in later will have to wait a longass time before they can go next, while randomizing who goes next weekly makes it more appealing.

JohnDoe

Banned
#freepickles

I'm in.

#freepickles

Yeah I'm down for this sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom