• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized Yugen was on Von Poe VII's album last year. I don't think I heard her voice though because that song she was on was fucking 9 and a half minutes long. I didn't listen to all of that.

#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

If you want in, this is what you need to do:
- Quote this post before tomorrow at 8PM EST
- Once you quote the post, I'll add your name to the list and assign a number

Once you quote the post, what do I do?
- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

The album has been posted, do I just stare at the review of it?
- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

I wanted in, but I didn't sign up in time, what now?
- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again

Let a bitch hop on that shit.

injurai

Banned
#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again

In it for pickles.

Courage

fwJa5CD.png

liqe6KK.png

Kwixotik

I mean I think we can all agree Earl isn't the best out there right now, but I think he's a respectable answer for "favorite" in terms of the aesthetic/mood he's bringing

For Free is probably the best I've heard someone rap over free jazz. That shit is like a rap exercise; if Rigamortus is Jazz Rap 101, For Free is 401.

I like the new Earl but...these OF dudes aren't impressing me with their mastering/mixing...

Esch

Banned
i think everyone with no stannery on the line can agree that Kendrick ella fitzcoltrane rapping about gender relations is something nobody wants. ever.

awful song. worst in his discography.

i think everyone with no stannery on the line can agree that Kendrick ella fitzcoltrane rapping about gender relations is something nobody wants. ever.

still holding onto that L? The song isn't about gender relations. I remember your Black Girl Lost comparison...bruh...

do yall listen to music or do yall skim thru it

Esch

Banned
still holding onto that L? The song isn't about gender relations. I remember your Black Girl Lost comparison...bruh...

do yall listen to music or do yall skim thru it

havent relistened to that track since like the 2nd, maybe 3rd time friend. Shit's garbage and everyone knows it. don't care if it's some overarching metaphor about the music industry or system or whatever. awful. worst rap song of 2015.

ixnEdsz0Q1JDs.gif

havent relistened to that track since like the 2nd, maybe 3rd time friend. Shit's garbage and everyone knows it. don't care if it's some overarching metaphor about the music industry or system or whatever. awful. worst rap song of 2015.

ixnEdsz0Q1JDs.gif

At first I thought it was about women but by the end? Nah.

*shrug* I like it. But then again I've got to slam poetry performances. And that flow is on point.

Fjordson

Yep. Garbage.

I'm not a big fan of the album as a whole, but that track is especially weak.

Esch

Banned
I never cared much for free jazz, tbh. I like some selections by Coltrane and Sun-Ra but overall, nah brehs. To put it in the paraphrased words of my ol' guitar teacher, it's technically impressive, and conceptually laudable, but ultimately sort of unsatisfying and devoid of content that matters to humans (not saying this about For Free).

kendrick has said his favourite song changes daily
also as one of the resident kendrick stans....for free is kinda wack
im surprised a rapper not named drake or young thug said "this dick aint free" even if it did technically make sense through the guise of the song

overcast

This is a fucking classic. Thanks for the nostalgia Esch
#freepickles

I'm in it.

No Makeup is still the worst song Kendrick has made. I hate that track.

Remark

Banned
I mean I think we can all agree Earl isn't the best out there right now, but I think he's a respectable answer for "favorite" in terms of the aesthetic/mood he's bringing

For Free is probably the best I've heard someone rap over free jazz. That shit is like a rap exercise; if Rigamortus is Jazz Rap 101, For Free is 401.

I like the new Earl but...these OF dudes aren't impressing me with their mastering/mixing...

guys he's obviously not serious about either answer

kdot pls
Earl Top 3 rapper in the game right now. He just can't seem to take his ability to make a good album. The closest he got was Doris.

For Free? top 3 song on TPAB flow was on point. For Sale? is better though.

Remark out
in ya bitch pussy

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
#freepickles

Sign me up.
Also #freepickles

#freepickles

Throw me in too with a caveat tho...I can't go first, gonna be really busy this whole week/weekend

Vorheez

ixnEdsz0Q1JDs.gif
fuckin with this post hard

Kdot is just saying that for free is his favorite because he knows that even the stans are having a hard time fucking with it. Him saying he likes it gives them that push they need to ride with him on some garbage ass bullshit track

#freepickles

I'm down obviously, but would prefer not to go first if possible as I'm not done exams until tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom