• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

madonna-sip.gif

Nibel

No trying to sound ignorant here, but is there one classic Madonna album worth listening to? Never really dived into her work but there must be some reason why she is as big as she is.

Courage

No trying to sound ignorant here, but is there one classic Madonna album worth listening to? Never really dived into her work but there must be some reason why she is as big as she is.

Her singles and image made her popular, not her albums.

Anyway, I like Ray Of Light and Confessions On A Dancefloor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - Ratking's 700 Fill

Let's get the good things (thing?) out of the way first: the production. It's varied yet all kind of evokes a similar, powerful, dominant energy. It's loud and even when it goes through familiar melodies it feels lush and takes you to different places. The heavy bass and Southern influence comes out of nowhere near the end but I was still fucking with it because of the energy. Perhaps the best production on a project this year thus far, perhaps even edging SremmLife. Overshines and overshadows the raps.

The rest of the project? Dull, just nothing of note, and lacks the only lasting quality of So It Goes which is the edge. Not necessarily lyrical tofu because there are maybe 3-4 times throughout the entire project where I felt the MCs almost got interesting or had some sort of sustained flow/string of lyrics and then they chop their flow or say something lame and break the moment. They just don't really know what to do with those beats, and truthfully I don't know how many rappers would attack them properly. The one guy with a slightly more nasally and more energetic voice sounds like QuESt without the bars.

As I go down my checklist for what makes an MC interesting, neither of these dudes check off anything really, and as a result when you hear Slickyboy and Nokia's verses the songs liven up instantly and those instantly become the best verses on the entire project. Flow? Not really, much of the first half is just them spitting with a radio on in the background and there is zero notion that these guys are intending to ride the beat or complement/contrast it in a cool way. Charisma/Delivery? Negative. Content? Some underdog raps which the inner backpacker in me can give a pity pass if they have nothing else to rap about but nothing particularly memorable. Lyrics? Same story, except it comes off worse than it is because they overemphasize the weaker raps (a walking/washing bar comes to mind). Hooks/songwriting? Better on the more homogenous, trap-y sounding records, overall nothing of note.

Overall, this is one of those projects that is almost entirely carried by the production, and the only reason I can see myself coming back to it. Slightly more interesting and less annoying than So It Goes, but I'm not buying the hype. Standouts are probably Arnold Palmer, Steep Tech and Sticky Trap (because it reminds me of Bitches Taking Pictures).

tl;dr: listen to the instrumental version

Elec has said before that Jay Z wants a single. But anyone who has paid attention long enough knows that's likely bullshit. This is the same guy who claimed a Nas verse is what held up Act II...five years ago. Just forget it brehs. I'll listen to the song when I get home but...who cares. Look how dope rap is right now brehs. Think about all the stuff that has or will come out this year. Drake, Kanye, Kendrick, Nas, Ka, Roc Marciano, Lupe, Ratking, Alchemist stuff, Young Thug, Meek, Curren$y etc etc etc...no matter what type of shit you like, multiple albums will satisfy you this year - and they'll all come out before the end of the year. Kanye's album isn't going to get delayed into 2016, there's 100% certainty it's coming out this year.

This dude announced a "major" tour with 6 dates lmao. Throw him in the bushes yall.

yo wtf
New radio station coming to GTA V

Welcome to Los Santos features fresh tracks inspired by GTAV's original score, composed by The Alchemist and Oh No in partnership with Woody Jackson and Tangerine Dream to create a uniquely ambitious album. The Alchemist and Oh No weave together a musical journey that covers every corner of the fictional world of Grand Theft Auto V and features guests from across the musical spectrum – including Earl Sweatshirt, Little Dragon, Phantogram, Freddie Gibbs, Popcaan, Killer Mike, Tunde Adebimpe and Samuel T. Herring (from Future Islands).

The music from Welcome to Los Santos will debut in GTAV for PC with a new The Alchemist and Oh No-hosted radio station ‘The Lab’ being added to the Los Santos radio dial.

yooooo you know what i just realized
when better in tune w the infinite leaked there were rumblings about it validating this leaked track listing....

well look what else is on there

it's probably nothing but still something
be a jay elec fans brehs

Eos

Elec has said before that Jay Z wants a single. But anyone who has paid attention long enough knows that's likely bullshit. This is the same guy who claimed a Nas verse is what held up Act II...five years ago. Just forget it brehs. I'll listen to the song when I get home but...who cares. Look how dope rap is right now brehs. Think about all the stuff that has or will come out this year. Drake, Kanye, Kendrick, Nas, Ka, Roc Marciano, Lupe, Ratking, Alchemist stuff, Young Thug, Meek, Curren$y etc etc etc...no matter what type of shit you like, multiple albums will satisfy you this year - and they'll all come out before the end of the year. Kanye's album isn't going to get delayed into 2016, there's 100% certainty it's coming out this year.

This dude announced a "major" tour with 6 dates lmao. Throw him in the bushes yall.

gotta agree with pd here
nothing but the truth

Personally way more hyped for Mr. Wonderful than anything from Kendrick, but yeah. That's rough for Bronson if the Kendrick date is true.

I've been staying away from anything released from Mr. Wonderful so far and I'm hyped as fuck for it. But it is rough for Bronson because Kendrick's gonna sell so much, lol.

Edit: I didn't even know Wale's doing something too.

big ander

what fjordson said: I'm more hyped for Bronson at this point but damn, feel bad for the dude now. maybe there's some way this plays out where Kendrick doesn't bury Mr. Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom