• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% that the Clippers fucked up by playing. I wish every team would have just shut down the playoffs until Sterling was thrown in the bushes.

not going to say all black people are cowards tho, that's wack.

Gangrene - Play It Cool Feat Samuel T. Herring (of Future Islands) & Earl Sweatshirt

S799vbT.gif

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Maaannnnn, this beat.

Alchemist killed that verse too. Sounded like some Don't Sweat The Technique/Juice (Know The Ledge) era lost Rakim track for a second.

I agree 100% that the Clippers fucked up by playing. I wish every team would have just shut down the playoffs until Sterling was thrown in the bushes.

not going to say all black people are cowards tho, that's wack.

The Clippers/Warriors and Bulls/Wizards were going to boycott their games. League knowledge of their planned walk out is what forced Silver's hand in punishing Sterling so severely + quickly. They gave the league time to react, prepared to take action if it failed them, and effectively bullied them into the right move (I think Sterling was done no matter what, but it would have been a hell of a lot longer a process). Can't see how anyone would take issue with that.

RBK

Banned
Just want to say Blessing in Disguise was my favorite track of Mastermind after listening to those Instagram posts.

Hope that song has the same feel.

Eos

some people on ktt guessing that "to pimp a butterfly" has something to do with "to kill a Mockingbird"

Furyous

Homeboy Sandman just lost a fan forever. Never call me a coward as an artist. Not for nothing this black man lifestyle is hard enough as it is without artists trying to gain brownie points from the usual suspects by trashing us in public.

Charles Hamilton is back but I need details about this entire situation. How did he get another deal? Is he going to tour, perform, do interviews, and sell music like actual artists? He was content to make albums and give the music away at one point in his life. What changed between now and then?

Dereck

please no tagging or posting any alleged 'homeboy sandman lyrics' from rapgenius to this page,” the rapper wrote on his Facebook page. "those disrespectful irresponsible dicks seemingly purposefully publish ‘lyrics' to my songs that are so horrifically incorrect that it seems whoever transcribed them was listening to two songs at once. i have never written a a single lyric that makes no sense when written as prose. not even one. so, certainly not most. those clowns will have you think i'm just blurting out random words. they create 'verified artist' pages without ever contacting the artists that people then think have verified something. they have no concern whatsoever for grossly misrepresenting people's art. if you want homeboy sandman lyrics, listen to the song and figure them out. (and if what you figure out makes no fuckin sense, then listen closer) or wait until i post them here as i often do. or buy First of a Living Breed that comes with a lyric book, or Chimera that has all of the lyrics superimposed on the cover. these rapgenius assholes are so disrespectful that even though so many of my lyrics are readily available because i myself have made them public, they don't even care to double check. 'who cares if we're making it appear like homeboy sandman makes no fuckin sense. as long as we're getting site clicks.

Y'all remember this?

Charles Hamilton is back but I need details about this entire situation. How did he get another deal? Is he going to tour, perform, do interviews, and sell music like actual artists? He was content to make albums and give the music away at one point in his life. What changed between now and then?

think he was depressed
must have gotten help
good for him
ill judge him by whatever he releases next

please no tagging or posting any alleged 'homeboy sandman lyrics' from rapgenius to this page,” the rapper wrote on his Facebook page. "those disrespectful irresponsible dicks seemingly purposefully publish ‘lyrics' to my songs that are so horrifically incorrect that it seems whoever transcribed them was listening to two songs at once. i have never written a a single lyric that makes no sense when written as prose. not even one. so, certainly not most. those clowns will have you think i'm just blurting out random words. they create 'verified artist' pages without ever contacting the artists that people then think have verified something. they have no concern whatsoever for grossly misrepresenting people's art. if you want homeboy sandman lyrics, listen to the song and figure them out. (and if what you figure out makes no fuckin sense, then listen closer) or wait until i post them here as i often do. or buy First of a Living Breed that comes with a lyric book, or Chimera that has all of the lyrics superimposed on the cover. these rapgenius assholes are so disrespectful that even though so many of my lyrics are readily available because i myself have made them public, they don't even care to double check. 'who cares if we're making it appear like homeboy sandman makes no fuckin sense. as long as we're getting site clicks.

Y'all remember this?

I never new about this. Is this what you're referring to Furyous?

DominoKid

jay electrolyte an asshole for how he's handled act 2 man.

new track piff though.

perched for the next track to drop in 18 months.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I'm curious, how many of these surprise release albums got physical copies?

Cause when Ye does it I want a physical. Maybe Kendrick too if it's any good.

overcast

So I'm curious, how many of these surprise release albums got physical copies?

Cause when Ye does it I want a physical. Maybe Kendrick too if it's any good.
Wondering the same. Would prefer to buy these things physically. I feel like this is far enough out maybe?

IrishNinja

there's worse names out than how to pimp a butterfly, im not mad at that

Personally way more hyped for Mr. Wonderful than anything from Kendrick, but yeah. That's rough for Bronson if the Kendrick date is true.

Nah, I'm still positive it'll do relatively well.

Buying Mr. Wonderful day 1 to support a Queens native. Fuck Kendrick.

what fjordson said: I'm more hyped for Bronson at this point but damn, feel bad for the dude now. maybe there's some way this plays out where Kendrick doesn't bury Mr. Wonderful.

Bronson's cult following will still pick up his album. I'm sure he'd sell better without Kendrick there, but it won't leave a significant dent.

yeah, i really don't think this fucks up bronson's lane all that much, honestly? like, he's put out fire single & has well established his base - there's likely a huge overlap of people who still buy hip hop that'll buy both, of the bronson crowd anyway, is my guess

So in the span of 10 days we get Kendrick, Mr. Wonderful, PT3.

Hip-hop stars aligning.

seriously, we're gettin spoiled here

Currently waiting for Hail Mary Mallon to start in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Me and my cuz are the only brothers here, smh.

So frustrated with the way the demographics have split in this genre.

dont really care for demographis (redman was largely hispanic, then black, cause it's miami) but either way props on seeing them, gotta be a great show
im looking to possibly hit tampa in may to see RTJ, some great shit out there lately

I'm assuming both albums will leak a week before they come out...so pretty much around the 15th or 16th. I don't think I'll listen to the Kendrick leak unless I have to do damage control for the king. Might listen to the Bronson leak. Buying both though.

overcast

Lmao damage control. Yeah, I hope Bronson drips early-ish so I can get some good listens in on that. Definitely supporting both.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm assuming both albums will leak a week before they come out...so pretty much around the 15th or 16th. I don't think I'll listen to the Kendrick leak unless I have to do damage control for the king. Might listen to the Bronson leak. Buying both though.
Getting my you ain't shit gifs ready for your posts.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
WW: he looks like the kinda dude that'd turn state

I used to rage against the machine, then I realized I was the machine. But I ain't never snitched in my life. The parks got that code too.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to buy my first Bronson album ever, but unless he streams his shit early, I'll be waiting until I've listened to Kenny first.

IrishNinja

Lmao damage control. Yeah, I hope Bronson drips early-ish so I can get some good listens in on that. Definitely supporting both.

yeah, any chance for a vinyl release on this one? i love hearing shit before i buy, so i know which ones ill go stupid LE for

Getting my you ain't shit gifs ready for your posts.

haha now i gotta find me some of these for the possible pile up

well, he wrecked his last album, so i guess he'd know

Peoe are saying the Blacker The Berry that comes with the preorder is different from the one we've heard. It has female singing at the beginning and more at the end. Plus the bass is louder (mastering, probably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom