• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
What's goin on wit Neogaf mane

I just wanted to post how I felt mane
ibawvd4hkS4FJD.gif

Esch

Banned
Anybody ever watch any of the Zatoichi films, not sure where to start and if to watch them all...

TBH, i like to think of the old school ones as kind of a TV series cause the character grows with it. Watch the Kitano film (2003) and see if you like it. It's different in tone from the older ones tho. Creepier, but i think you'll like that.

Other than that:

The Chess Master
Zatoichi's Cane Sword
Zatoichi and Yojimbo

Enjoy my man. I think he's a fantastic live artist and a bunch of his new IYRTITL songs are probably bangers when played in front of a huge crowd

His concert in Houston sold out in fifteen minutes at Toyota shit really surprised me I was really looking forward to going with my friends.

My biggest complaint with hip hop is the nature of the rapper/producer relationship. I much prefer when collaborations settle down and a duo shares an act, sound, and identity. You have to be about the music, be about the shared vision, the interest, and the process. None of this doing it for the lifestyle, doing it for the cred. You'll burn through producers and wither away before you establish and identity.
Most producers aren't really producers: they're beat makers. They play no role in the creative process when it comes to advising artists, trying to get the best out of them, etc. I'll troll Diddy until the day I die but real talk: he was a true producer when it came to developing artists, teaching them how to perform in a studio, etc. Diddy is the reason Biggie went from a yelling battle/punchline rapper into a true artist. If not for that he'd be another Big L. Hell look at Meek. He doesn't have anyone to tell him to stop that yelling shit, he just gets beats in his email and spends hours in the studio with little to no guidance.

Think about the new wave of producers today. How many aren't just beat makers? How many could you compare to Just Blaze or No I.D. - not in terms of skill but as partners in the creative process, who push artists to be great.

MoodyFog

I think Mike-Will is trying to do that, it's quite interesting to see how he puts the guys on his label on every song he produces.

Courage

I think Mike-Will is trying to do that, it's quite interesting to see how he puts the guys on his label on every song he produces.

I also think he's one of the few that is pretty versatile with his beats. Probably my favorite mainstream producer atm.

i mean what do you consider slow though? cause the average trap beat is pretty slow i think.

I'm gonna backpeddle and say 'subdued'. Something that doesn't rely on the loudness and energy but the layering and atmosphere in the track. It's the reason why Barter 6 can be so boring at times.

Fjordson

Anybody ever watch any of the Zatoichi films, not sure where to start and if to watch them all...
I bought the Criterion box set recently. I'm up to film #17 and honestly, all of them have been worth watching for me, so I don't really have a great specific answer.

I would just start from the beginning. They're pretty much all around 70-90 minutes and move at a good pace. And it's fun to see Shintaro Katsu's performance evolve as the series goes on.

edit: also need to give props to Criterion for such a great box set. Immaculate transfers and packaging

Nibel

His concert in Houston sold out in fifteen minutes at Toyota shit really surprised me I was really looking forward to going with my friends.

Bummer. Well I guess that's what happens when he shows so much love to Houston, dude seems pretty popular over there.

Not saying Drake is a must-see artist, but his concerts have a great vibe to it and he is a fun entertainer. If you get another chance, you should try to go. :)

Bummer. Well I guess that's what happens when he shows so much love to Houston, dude seems pretty popular over there.

Not saying Drake is a must-see artist, but his concerts have a great vibe to it and he is a fun entertainer. If you get another chance, you should try to go. :)

Yeah Houston is like his second home he always had the love and respect out here it's just id figured they'd have tickets for a while before it sold out.

Esch

Banned
Finally giving the new Earl a go and I think it's a large large improvement over his previous effort. Comes with way more energy, better lines, etc. The production is a little all over the place style wise so i won't call it great. Give him someone to focus that vision a little, or maybe just time/maturity and he can fulfill the promise we all know he has.

Can't believe Kanye is still making people angry. Is it really surprising or noteworthy he didn't flinch? He was probably confused why someone else was on his red carpet. Or was wondering why they were giving him a footstool before he got inside.

did the OP even read his own article? lol

Finally giving the new Earl a go and I think it's a large large improvement over his previous effort. Comes with way more energy, better lines, etc. The production is a little all over the place style wise so i won't call it great. Give him someone to focus that vision a little, or maybe just time/maturity and he can fulfill the promise we all know he has.

definitely agree with the production quip
that opening beat is great though
and kind of interesting how he opens all happy given the tone of the majority of the tape

thabiz

meh

IrishNinja

No one will ever convince me that you can actually have fun at an event like this. No one.

i don't know exacly when camp newjack became souljahs but it was an important day in hip hop history

? i'd go for the right price. lots of old dudes in there that might throw you a terrible performance but too many GOATs. i'm not trying to see melle mel or Ice T really but quik, rakim, epmd, alkaholiks, slick rick, too short..

seriously, i wish that show was out here - if you can't dig something in that lineup, i don't really know why you fuck with the genre. also: be blazed

can we change it to the perterboy rule?

Enzo and peterboy rule are one in the same. It's a catch all. Enzo just takes priority.

haha damn

Already recycled

..prolly fair but i gotta hear it first

down for this, really dug the low end mix (think that was mick boogie though?)

New video out

shit, i think i slept on the last jonwayne...when was that again?

An unbanned Storm Chamber. Rare sighting.

seriously, some of ya'll got clout or pictures lowkey

Most producers aren't really producers: they're beat makers. They play no role in the creative process when it comes to advising artists, trying to get the best out of them, etc. I'll troll Diddy until the day I die but real talk: he was a true producer when it came to developing artists, teaching them how to perform in a studio, etc. Diddy is the reason Biggie went from a yelling battle/punchline rapper into a true artist. If not for that he'd be another Big L. Hell look at Meek. He doesn't have anyone to tell him to stop that yelling shit, he just gets beats in his email and spends hours in the studio with little to no guidance.

Think about the new wave of producers today. How many aren't just beat makers? How many could you compare to Just Blaze or No I.D. - not in terms of skill but as partners in the creative process, who push artists to be great.

great post, was just arguing this a while back with a friend too...didn't yeezy try this for a bit as well?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Add me to the list of people that thought that Chance would have been the first to hit it big, not Vic Mensa. Congrats to him, though.
Vic has a long way to go before he catches up to Chance. Chance has accomplished one of the hardest parts of the process: getting enough people to even know who the fuck you are. Chance toured with Em and had collabos with Bieber. He has unique enough of a voice and style that people won't forget either.

Kanye trying to save himself from TIDAL brehs.

When your close associate backs out from your project, that's how you know...
RIP SHMG

I'll wait for impressions. OG Maco has put out way too much trash for me to expect any more memorable songs from him.

WOAT homage if this is true.

injurai

Banned
trap in general has a lot of sonic aesthetic that I consider awful

but some stuff really comes together, like that EP

Isn't Maco the guy who claimed South Koreans are racist for doing trap now? smh

Yeah, bad look. To be slightly fair, that purple whatever song was like 90% U Guessed it. I can see the knee jerk reaction as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom