• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
you think travis scott is great
ib0QrNulM3AlRA.png

Y'all like Czarface like that? The covers are dope but...well, I like them both individually at least.

Well Deck anyway. The Demigodz ship sailed long time ago for me.

IrishNinja

cards bein pulled

Someone said (I think Esch?) he's more today's ODB and I agree (can't think of an analogous rockstar for him).

Kanye is Axl Rose.

ODB had no father to his style, and at least one classic under his belt when he died
hold ya head

Y'all like Czarface like that? The covers are dope but...well, I like them both individually at least.

Well Deck anyway. The Demigodz ship sailed long time ago for me.

yeah its mostly deck for me, though i liked the collab last time

That might have seemed like a good idea 6+ months ago when we first heard this rumor but now? I'm not sure either Hov or Beyonce are interested in taking the risk of an early "flop" by making a joint album exclusive to Tidal for the first week. Obviously the album will sell very well once it hits iTunes but I can't see people signing up for Tidal in droves just to hear an album neither fanbase is clamoring for - which means the media will say it didn't accomplish it's goal=failure. Hov stans sure don't want this. Beyonce fans? Probably not.

Cheddahz

Banned
That might have seemed like a good idea 6+ months ago when we first heard this rumor but now? I'm not sure either Hov or Beyonce are interested in taking the risk of an early "flop" by making a joint album exclusive to Tidal for the first week. Obviously the album will sell very well once it hits iTunes but I can't see people signing up for Tidal in droves just to hear an album neither fanbase is clamoring for - which means the media will say it didn't accomplish it's goal=failure. Hov stans sure don't want this. Beyonce fans? Probably not.

signed by a nas stan

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TIDAL dick sucking will reach new heights if that album drops. Already afraid Ye's new album will get jammed up on that service.

constrict music in a world of sharing brehs

Courage

TIDAL dick sucking will reach new heights if that album drops. Already afraid Ye's new album will get jammed up on that service.

constrict music in a world of sharing brehs

Kanye deleted his tweets that promoted Tidal today which was weird. Might mean he's bailing out early?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye deleted his tweets that promoted Tidal today which was weird. Might mean he's bailing out early?
Was it just him or just Kanye deleting them that got publicity?

It's certainly weird, but I looked at this move as just an evolution of the Samsung deal (which Kanye praised as well). I can only see Ye doing the deal if there is some upfront guarantee of a cash/dividends. Then again, I still doubt the retail wouldn't still go up on iTunes and stuff.

Wasn't there a rumour Ye was supposed to drop before the end of the month? Maybe TIDAL was holding the album up and Ye is just gonna drop now.

Courage

Was it just him or just Kanye deleting them that got publicity?

It's certainly weird, but I looked at this move as just an evolution of the Samsung deal (which Kanye praised as well). I can only see Ye doing the deal if there is some upfront guarantee of a cash/dividends. Then again, I still doubt the retail wouldn't still go up on iTunes and stuff.

Wasn't there a rumour Ye was supposed to drop before the end of the month? Maybe TIDAL was holding the album up and Ye is just gonna drop now.

Yeah, Koolo started that rumor from the S80 forum. I don't see it happening, it seems like Kanye has gone back to the drawing board entirely. At this point, I'd rather just have him take his time and put it out whenever. We're already eating with other releases.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Common gets an undisclosed role in "Suicide Squad".

Yeah, Koolo started that rumor from the S80 forum. I don't see it happening, it seems like Kanye has gone back to the drawing board entirely. At this point, I'd rather just have him take his time and put it out whenever. We're already eating with other releases.
What makes you say this? I thought he was just getting back into the studio after doing European shows and stuff.

Courage

What makes you say this? I thought he was just getting back into the studio after doing European shows and stuff.

Mostly speculation. I guess, maybe because he's in the studio still. He said he's 80% done a couple months ago yet we still don't have a CDQ of Wolves or anything really other than All Day. He had that burst of hype around the Grammys and then it died off. Arguably, that buzz was mostly for his shoes and not the album.

It's just you compare this to the buildup to Yeezus and can't help but feel disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom