• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think we all wanted Maco to become something. His first single was flames, he put out content immediately so we had that "this should be str8" and "hey he's different" bias, had a more than decent response to civil unrest last year, his closest affiliate is also decent.. likeable guy, right?

Then you think about it a bit more and pretty much all of his features were beyond abysmal, its difficult to remember the name of any of the projects he put out, let alone any of the songs on there. Type of artist you look back like "yeah that project was okay" and that's the only damn thing you can remember about it and you're basically still listening to him off of that nondescript notion.

That's okay tho. I'll still be listening to Suit Case, Riot and U Guessed It in the future. Not everyone needs more than 3 good songs or a future~

injurai

Banned
Well I just hope Maco sort of realizes what he can get people going with, then sort of focus his project around that. He blew up, and now he just needs to build a team around himself. Like I said earlier. It's not enough just to take beats from people and try to make them work. You really have to build to a vision. Hopefully he sees that.

That being a Maco Zaytoven collab, hopefully he's hitting that collaborative stride. I'm still holding out for now.

CDNvRZOUMAIzf5w.jpg

tomorrow

Oh shit Zaytoven on the beats :whew: hoping it's as good as Beast Mode.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
td2ch.jpg

Touch Down 2 Cause Hell tracklist & art. May 26.

1. Intro
2. Windows of My Eyes
3. Retaliation
4. Like a Man (Feat. Rich Homie Quan)
5. No Juice
6. Don Da Da
7. Mr. Miyagi
8. On Deck
9. Hip Hop Hooray
10. On That Level (Feat. Webbie)
11. She Don’t Love Me (Feat. Chris Brown)
12. Drop Top Music (Feat. Rick Ross)
13. How She Got Her Name
14. Spoil You (Feat. T.I.)
15. Black Heaven (Feat. Keyshia Cole)
16. Kicking Clouds
17. Hands Up

King Los ft. Marsha Ambrosious - War video. This is absolutely fantastic, the video is great as well. Don't sleep.

Ray Jr. ft. Dej Loaf, Troy Ave, Young Dolph & Machine Gun Kelly - Same Crew. This is kind of tough, bar Troy Ave.

This Oddisee is dope so far. Departure from boom bap, instead it's real chill although also has good drums.

Damn shame that nobody dope has seemingly approached Oddisee or Black Milk about getting some production. I'd love to hear Ghostface over some Black Milk shit for instance. Or Nas.

DominoKid

I think we all wanted Maco to become something. His first single was flames, he put out content immediately so we had that "this should be str8" and "hey he's different" bias, had a more than decent response to civil unrest last year, his closest affiliate is also decent.. likeable guy, right?

Then you think about it a bit more and pretty much all of his features were beyond abysmal, its difficult to remember the name of any of the projects he put out, let alone any of the songs on there. Type of artist you look back like "yeah that project was okay" and that's the only damn thing you can remember about it and you're basically still listening to him off of that nondescript notion.

That's okay tho. I'll still be listening to Suit Case, Riot and U Guessed It in the future. Not everyone needs more than 3 good songs or a future~
dude wasnt a 1 trick pony but he only had 1 trick people actually wanted to see. he never had a chance.

thabiz

czarface-front.jpg

1.) Don The Armor
2.) Czartacus
3.) Lumberjack Match
4.) Nightcrawler f/ Method Man
5.) World Premier f/ Large Professor
6.) The Great (Czar Guitar)
7.) Red Alert
8.) Junkyard Dogs f/ Juju (of The Beatnuts)
9.) Sgt. Slaughter
10.) When Gods Go Mad f/ GZA
11.) Ka-Bang! f/ MF Doom
12.) Deadly Class f/ Meyhem Lauren
13.) Escape From Czarkham Asylum
14.) Sinister
15.) Good Villains Go Last f/ RA The Rugged Man

June 16th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4znBvbT2Es

czarface-front.jpg

1.) Don The Armor
2.) Czartacus
3.) Lumberjack Match
4.) Nightcrawler f/ Method Man
5.) World Premier f/ Large Professor
6.) The Great (Czar Guitar)
7.) Red Alert
8.) Junkyard Dogs f/ Juju (of The Beatnuts)
9.) Sgt. Slaughter
10.) When Gods Go Mad f/ GZA
11.) Ka-Bang! f/ MF Doom
12.) Deadly Class f/ Meyhem Lauren
13.) Escape From Czarkham Asylum
14.) Sinister
15.) Good Villains Go Last f/ RA The Rugged Man

June 16th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4znBvbT2Es

c60c8869fb79cec6ee4c0444ee37d902.jpg

beautiful

holy shit @ his opening statement for the interview at the beginning. This dude is like the dark universe version of HRD.

edit: "Johnny Rotten didn't get laid a lot back in the day." lmao this fucking guy.

Tokubetsu

St. Vincent a goddess. Short hair on women brehs. Whew. Not all of them can pull it off though. She's got that stern talking voice too.

DominoKid

i'm just not fuckin w/ any of it. mostly everything i see/hear from her elicits a
AixfG.png
from me. although she does have the odd look now and then that i'll think is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom