• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Tell Yung Snuggles I said to go suck a dick
https://soundcloud.com/dnnymrks/white-sauce

Lpj8crM.jpg

That creeping bass in the background with the emotional almost middle-eastern sounding rhythm in front and the subsequent breakdown..You're ready my dude, put these together for a full tape already, send this shit out man.

I also found this hemsworth on the side of yours

Mitski - Francis Forever (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)

DOUBLE WIN

HiResDes

I think I like it more than the Rich Homie collab everybody was all about last year, though both albums are marred by their repetition and stagnation.

HiResDes

Yeah taking Pitchfork's reviews seriously when they pretty much openly favor groups that they manufactured buzz for in the beginning.

Nibel

Aight, listened to the first half of Barter 6 and skimmed through the 2nd half.

It has some solid production here and there and overall I must confess for having a bad opinion on Thugger this sounds better than I expected - but then again when you have no expectations this doesn't say much.

That being said, as someone who didn't follow the whole Young Thug movement I can now see that Birdman wants to replace Wayne with him, they seem fairly similar in a lot of ways with Thugger focusing more on singing. Old news for everybody here, yeah, but I gave no real fucks before.

I wouldn't rate it high as Pitchfork though and give it BNM, gtoh lol

HiResDes

Honestly you know what you're getting with Young Thug, it's definitely not for a whole spectrum of people, but with that being songs like Check are great and definitely ride that wave. If you heard Check before the tape came out and you didn't like it you have no business even listening to Thugger.

Fjordson

Damn, genuinely surprised by that P4K score. That's .1 higher than what Drizzy got. The world is a scary place.

I love Constantly Hating and Just Might Be, though. Think Thugger has the potential for better stuff down the road.

injurai

Banned
if his next project is even better they'll have to pull out a 9

otherwise they are setting him up for a string of low scores, p4k is going for the critical kill

Fjordson

if his next project is even better they'll have to pull out a 9

otherwise they are setting him up for a string of low scores, p4k is going for the critical kill
Yeah, that's true. Kinda starting him off high.

Barter 6 is like a solid 5.5 to me. Middle of the road - a few really nice tracks dragged down by some bad ones (and some forgettable features).

HiResDes

Damn, genuinely surprised by that P4K score. That's .1 higher than what Drizzy got. The world is a scary place.

I love Constantly Hating and Just Might Be, though. Think Thugger has the potential for better stuff down the road.

Both of those tapes are about on the same level, just pretty decent, I'd probably give Barter the edge too though.

barter 6 sucked breh

I tried listening to it on Spotify. Maybe "trying" isn't a good word to describe it; I was curious and tested out the first track, but after one minute of it I realized that I had better things in life to do.

Thugger is nice in bits and pieces, I guess.

Fjordson

Both of those tapes are about on the same level, just pretty decent, I'd probably give Barter the edge too though.
Whoa whoa whoa. I genuinely think the Drake tape is great. Especially with How Bout Now and My Side at the end of the CD version.

I'm becoming a Drake stan though so I may be biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom