• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it sounds like older stuff? In a hip-hop thread where stuff is just straight sampled so often? Man...

Sampling in general has totally numbed me to stuff like that. Yeah everyone should be credited but pick a random assortment of 50 hip-hop tracks and like half of em can be dissected in the same way. Hell, these days everyone's just stealing from the 60s/70s/80s across genres, never mind hip-hop.

wow a few popular songs use some of the same language? fuck those guys !1!!!!!11!

especially in a genre like funk. We gonna pretend like funk hasn't been passed around and shared and copied and sonically inhaled for decades?

James Brown's estate should just sue everyone lmao

HiResDes

I just don't like Mars, has nothing to do with sampling, duh... Thought this was well known. Dude dresses like an ethnic version of Good Charlotte and makes music that sounds like watered down versions of the billboard top twenty in 1989. Never thought I'd see you two jump to defend a musician as lame as Bruno Mars. I don't even think pop gaf fucks with him too heavy.

Esch

Banned
it's not that i 'fucks' with him or not, it's just..... who cares. he makes music for bachelorette parties and high school 8am assembly skits. it's not that serious. and like PD said he's just fucking the corpse of a dead genre anyway, word to Janelle Monae

HiResDes

Who cares about anything man? It's just whatever bro. Ferguson, the holocaust, Armenian genocide, All About that Bass... It's all gravy, just let them live breh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My Recently Added in iTunes is empty and I'm still thinking of not even listening to that new Chance.

I mean, who cares breh.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Uptown Funk succeeds in its attempts to make you feel like a total douche

much like every other Bruno Mars song

Courage

I don't mind Bruno Mars as a musician but most of his songs are trash. Like Esch said, he appeals to a certain demographic.

IrishNinja

omg esh riding for these culture vultures, so demonic

i too dug this, but the top 3 tip features gotta be with
1) janet
2) dee lite
3) rafael saddiq

prolly forgot another good one though

Who cares about anything man? It's just whatever bro. Ferguson, the holocaust, Armenian genocide, All About that Bass... It's all gravy, just let them live breh.

let's all get lit and only rank albums based on how they bump in the whip this week

It's awful

meh
it was aight first thousand times

Esch

Banned
lmfao, chill

just cause i'm pointing out that complaining about canned forgettable pop music/musicians is dumb

Cuz uptown funk gonna give it to ya Cuz uptown funk gonna give it to ya Cuz uptown funk gonna give it to ya Cuz uptown funk gonna give it to ya

God damn that song got annoying quick. I liked the michelle pfeiffer shoutout tho

I don't care for Bruno Mars simply because he makes simp music, and I can't fuck with that. But I defended that dude once at work because a white chick said "he sounds like an angel but he has the face of the devil."

CMg8KWf.png
Nah, couldn't let that slide.

All that being said I think Uptown Funk is dope. Very catchy, nice wall of sound effect...it's cool. I wish Prince was singing it though. Just like I wish Prince sung Get Lucky.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't care for Bruno Mars simply because he makes simp music, and I can't fuck with that. But I defended that dude once at work because a white chick said "he sounds like an angel but he has the face of the devil."

CMg8KWf.png
Nah, couldn't let that slide.

All that being said I think Uptown Funk is dope. Very catchy, nice wall of sound effect...it's cool. I wish Prince was singing it though. Just like I wish Prince sung Get Lucky.

your response?

your response?

I had heard her say suspect stuff before so this time I just asked "why?" She kind of rambled out some nonsense about his facial bone structure or something but eventually she could tell what my question was insinuating. So she just said "well...nevermind. I just think he's ugly but I love his voice."

Rokd9Nh.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I had heard her say suspect stuff before so this time I just asked "why?" She kind of rambled out some nonsense about his facial bone structure or something but eventually she could tell what my question was insinuating. So she just said "well...nevermind. I just think he's ugly but I love his voice."

http://i.imgur.com/Rokd9Nh.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

did you hit though?

[SPOILER]gave that female the dehumanizing stare didn't you[/SPOILER]

DominoKid

drake bout to get on that Fetty Wap My Way joint
https://instagram.com/p/2R-3D4ggyu/

just in time to have the summer on lock.

new Fader shit

PARTYNEXTDOOR Fader Cover Story
OVO's secret weapon spent the past four years finding himself. Now, he’s ready to talk about it.

Meet Vinylz, Rap's Secret-Biggest Producer
Name a rap star. Kanye West, Drake, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne—they've all shown up over Vinylz beat

On The Road With Hannibal Buress, Comedy's Most Respected Slacker
His Bill Cosby joke made him go viral. But the first comedian to ever cover The FADER was already destined for greatness on his own terms.

Fetty is such a one trick pony melody wise...but I still like it. I can smh at the content but I can't hate on Trap Queen's chorus/bridge (the verses are trash tho) and My Way. Dat melody.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Big up GRIME HEADS! Skepta's (that UK guy grime who's gaining traction in the US) brother, JME, has released his new project.
JME's new album/mixtape/project is called Integrity.

Damn, i used to listen to JME many years ago. thought the guy fell off or something. thanks

He should just do all goon rnb his verses are real real bad

yeah the verses are a buzzkill after that glorious seal-trap hook on trap queen. and the asshole talking at the end too.

my way is catchy as hell too, i think he'll be asked for hooks soon enough

HiResDes

This shit is wavy, stellar:

And I was sleeping on this, trappin heavy, hype:

...Also so far Bush and the new Nappy Roots are great!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anyone listen to the new Nosaj Thing album? It's officially out today but I guess it was "out" for a while already.

HiResDes

Not fucking with it that heavy honestly, just not holding my attention amidst all of the other new entries in my library right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom