• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
rdJONiP.jpg

hahaha, I laughed way harder at this then I should have.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
We are into May and the BadBadNotGood album with Ghostface is still my rap album of the year. Sure it's short, but it's fucking ace the whole way through.

Tone's Rap is SOTY.

Listened to the Oddisee album a lot last night, I really enjoy it. Dunno if I'd say it's better than his last album but I enjoy his progression as a producer and rapper. Like Black Milk, each project he releases feels like a step ahead.

It's a crying shame that dope rappers aren't making connections with guys like Oddisee and Black Milk. They seem to prefer working solo but still, who will say no to someone like Nas or Schoolboy Q wanting to work? Black Milk produced half an album for Lauryn Hill that will never come out btw.

Esch

Banned
i cant see that many rappers gelling that well with Oddisee tbf, never did. maybe someone like Blu or Fashawn or Lupe. Maybe Cole or Kendrick but thats a stretch

Schoolboy would sound dope over a dark Black Milk beat. Still bummed Danny Brown hasn't returned for some new beats.
i cant see that many rappers gelling that well with Oddisee tbf, never did. maybe someone like Blu or Fashawn or Lupe. Maybe Cole or Kendrick but thats a stretch

I disagree. His previous albums (solo and Diamond District) are full of beats that would work well for various rappers. I agree this new album isn't really something I can imagine many rappers doing though. Then again, That's Love sounds like something that would fit on TPAB.

Fjordson

Blu would be so dope. But that project makes too much sense for Blu and the sound quality would be too good =[

codhand

Oddisee album seems like it has a lot of help from live musicians, not sure how he could translate that into production for non-MMG artists

Oddisee album seems like it has a lot of help from live musicians, not sure how he could translate that into production for non-MMG artists

Lots of people rap over live instrumentation these days; Justice League beats use live instruments. Ross, Hov, Nas, all of TDE, Meek...they've all sounded dope over it, as long as it fits their style.

Young Guru has said he tried to get Hov to rap over an Oddisee beat. I trust Guru's ear so I'd assume it made sense sonically, but didn't pan out.

HiResDes

Want a tape full of bangers definitely fuck with that Vee the Rula way doper than the cover might suggest. Warning it does have a fake Hot Nigga sounding track.

So Vince Staples debut is gonna be called Summertime '06.

We know that yet?

Yea.

can't wait. Yall know I'm a stan but I really think his album will be top 3 tier for 2015. Hopefully Def Jam doesn't do him dirty again by releasing a mixtape and EP instead of the album.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
im back on my strict lean meat diet, gotta cut out those tacos and burritos. even on days like this.

BUSH is pretty rad so far (like halfway in). Shit is just groovy Snoop. Just what I wanted.

Like someone scooped up a bunch of 80's R&B singers beats and gave them to Snoop. This is a summer album all the way through.

im back on my strict lean meat diet, gotta cut out those tacos and burritos. even on days like this.

BUSH is pretty rad so far (like halfway in). Shit is just groovy Snoop. Just what I wanted.

Like someone scooped up a bunch of 80's R&B singers beats and gave them to Snoop. This is a summer album all the way through.

Yeah I agree it's the type of shit I was expecting even though some of it is repetitive I really like the direction he went with for this album.

Kwixotik

I recently discovered that at the moment it doesn't matter how much I eat or what I eat, I don't gain any weight. It's a blessing and a curse, but I'm gorging on whatever the fuck I want right now and it's awesome.

HiResDes

Have you guys seen Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton...Shit is great, definitely recommend to old school hip-hop heads and vinyl heads a like.

codhand

Have you guys seen Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton...Shit is great, definitely recommend to old school hip-hop heads and vinyl heads a like.

I really liked some parts but a lot of it felt like an ad for some newer, lesser Stone's Throw acts.

PB Wolf is just so damn likeable though.

DominoKid

My diet is fucking wrecked. Big ass plate of chicken parm for lunch. Mexican for dinner. Margaritas, tequila shots and free beer. Cake at my coworkers house.

I feel so fat right now brehs.

DominoKid

my lift dedication & diet has fallen off a cliff since i got a raise. trying to learn tennis & golf has replaced lifting.

i just eat a lot and feel lazy as shit when i normally would go lift. i need to operate at a higher level somehow.

this fetty/drake
VWb1n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom