• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronk420

JME album out for the one other UK grime head out here
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/UbaIiB8.jpg[/IMG]
https://youtu.be/Bsd285VkB2E
https://youtu.be/TwHsg2XO--c

This is pretty cool, I like that he's vegan/no alcohol/weed and raps about dark charizards. theres some pretty cool UK references that are bear jokes. the beats are excellent, but I don't like his overly enunciated style (reminds me of Kate Tempest which just sounds like someone doing a bad job of reading stuff from a book), when he's raging its better.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How was it breh?

Cross Posting from the OT:

HOLY FUCK

This movie. This movie. When I get to a PC (phone is dying) I can elaborate, but I loved this thing. It's a monsters. A loud fucking monster.

If word of mouth isn't great for the theater run its going to kill home videos/VOD.

Mad Max: Fury Road and Dredd are going to be part of some crazy future midnight feature, 20 years from now.

It's exactly what everyone is expecting it to be. George Miller with an insane budget and full creative control. It's nuts in the best way possible and relentless in the action department. The 3rd act is glorious and I'm sure, right now, its going to be a cult classic of humongous proportions. I'm also very very curious to see how the demographics split on this. It's going to be divisive with some crowds, but for spectacular reasons.

I don't want to give action set pieces away or motivations so I'll wait till the 14th to really get into the nitty gritty of it, but I loved it. In the same way that I love Dredd. It's that kind of action movie. It's own language and style that it never wavers from or makes concessions to a mainstream audience. It knows who it is and what it wants to accomplish and it does so superbly.

Nibel

i heard he mentions Dame

Yup; I don't want to spoil too much, really worth listening to.

It's exactly what everyone is expecting it to be. George Miller with an insane budget and full creative control. It's nuts in the best way possible and relentless in the action department. The 3rd act is glorious and I'm sure, right now, its going to be a cult classic of humongous proportions. I'm also very very curious to see how the demographics split on this. It's going to be divisive with some crowds, but for spectacular reasons.

I don't want to give action set pieces away or motivations so I'll wait till the 14th to really get into the nitty gritty of it, but I loved it. In the same way that I love Dredd. It's that kind of action movie. It's own language and style that it never wavers from or makes concessions to a mainstream audience. It knows who it is and what it wants to accomplish and it does so superbly.

Damn, that's some fucking praise right here. I was already planning to watch the movie, but after reading this and the other impressions it shapes up to be a true must-see.

Jay Z’s fledgling entry into the premium-streaming wars continues to be the object of a derision around the music business, with one prominent attorney asking everyone he runs into, “Are they saying Kaddish at Tidal yet?” Nonetheless, the majors hope that Tidal succeeds. At the same time, some industry observers are questioning whether Jay Z has his financing together yet, and if not, where did he get the money to pay the licensing fees to the rights holders?

On a related topic, why is Roc Nation’s Rihanna’s “American Oxygen” not exploding at retail? The track sold a meager 7k last week. Is it possible the botched Tidal launch put that big a stink on the record? But the Rihanna-Tidal relationship is pressing on, according to a recent rumor, which has the struggling service getting a window of exclusivity on her forthcoming album, tentatively titled R8. In other action, Kanye West has left Roc Nation for management, inside sources say.
http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=295843

hmmm

Nibel

jaywtf_zps9a642c14gfu7m.png

Gotdamn that sounds amazing (like I knew it would be)! Can't wait to see this.

Just looked up Makonnen, and unless I just happened to have randomly chosen his worst stuff, everything I listened to from him is straight garbage.

Real talk: has Drake created the wackest crew in modern rap history? The only person I can think of who had a worse crew is Nas (Bravehearts), and perhaps even that's debatable. I'd rather be seen in public with Jungle than ilovemeletonin.

Fjordson

There are a few Makonnen songs I like for some reason. Sneaky Lady, Tuesday, Swerve, etc. weirdly catchy shit.

But it's hard to imagine him having a hit album or anything. Maybe Drake was hoping he'd become OVO's in-house hook writer or something.

Esch

Banned
Real talk: has Drake created the wackest crew in modern rap history? The only person I can think of who had a worse crew is Nas (Bravehearts), and perhaps even that's debatable. I'd rather be seen in public with Jungle than ilovemeletonin.

just by virtue of ilovemeningitis and Drake's popularity it's up there. i'm not sure if they're seeing noted wastemen like :

D12
The St. Lunatics
The Outlawz
99.5% of Dipset

just by virtue of ilovemeningitis and Drake's popularity it's up there. i'm not sure if they're seeing noted wastemen like :

D12
The St. Lunatics
The Outlawz
99.5% of Dipset

Hmmm, we're gonna have to come up with a definitive list breh. Some of the criteria for worst crew, in my view:

-Amount of Ls taken: Self explanatory.
-Peak wackness: Being wack is one thing, but this metric would instead determine who is so wack they're off the charts
-Viability test: similar to fetal viability tests, how long can the crew member survive outside of the main man's protective shield.

For instance when it comes to Ls taken, Dipset would easily win across the board. Peak wackness...first person that comes to mind is Drag-On from Ruff Ryders lmao. In terms of the viability test I'd say just about everyone fails that, from Makonnen to Ochi Wally to Tony Yayo.

St Lunatics dodges the #1 spot because Murphy Lee had a couple hits without Nelly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can we get a count on how many people here got their genitals touched by Jim Jones when they were kids?

Just to put some context into this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom