• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Amount of L's taken: Definitely Dipset. Pretty much a wash. Even the big guys are a joke now. And the stans trying to convince you that Writer's Block 11.5 and some garbinho Juelz mixtape is good have all fucked off.

Peak Wackness: For me, it's The Outlawz, easily, for a few simple reasons. I don't have to subject myself to the utter trash of the St. Lunatics or D12 really ever. Yet in order to listen to the fillerbound discography of supposed GOAT 2pac shakur i have to endure these guys flabbing it up on disc after disc. Their wackness actually interferes with something that I would have potentially enjoyed more. So them.

Viability Test: G-Unit win, hands down. In 2014 people convinced themselves to listen to these guys rap. I've met dead ass dyed in the wool loyal stans for literally every single one of these guys (except Yayo ofc). The Game has a career despite being The Game.

ibnBkg6EI4PSEV.gif

IrishNinja

was listening to a few discs of Crooklyn Cuts recently - Primo stays in my top 10 producers but man, he has one of the worst tags on that shit

premier
premier
premier
p-p-p-p-p-premier
...premier

also agree with a lotta noms so far, and esh got his poitns but

Yet in order to listen to the fillerbound discography of supposed GOAT 2pac shakur

..cmon fam, revisiting Against the World & All Eyez recently, it's hard to say he's got more filler than even your boy Jigga on many albums

We gotta add another criteria gentlemen: Delusion. I don't even have to say it, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

knew what it was before i clicked it, can't not watch both parts everytime it's linked though

There are a few Makonnen songs I like for some reason. Sneaky Lady, Tuesday, Swerve, etc. weirdly catchy shit.

But it's hard to imagine him having a hit album or anything. Maybe Drake was hoping he'd become OVO's in-house hook writer or something.

Listen to too much as well, great song. But yeah you're probably right. Drake doesn't see hits coming from him but he does prolly see some strong hook-writing there I think he wanted a ghostwriter

Fjordson

Listen to too much as well, great song. But yeah you're probably right. Drake doesn't see hits coming from him but he does prolly see some strong hook-writing there I think he wanted a ghostwriter
Yeah, seems more his lane. Though what little I've seen of Makonnen in interviews makes it seem like he sees himself as a big star so I dunno. Will always be a weird signing from Drake, though I hope we get at least one album from Makonnen. Even if it'd probably be an uneven record.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake doesn't need a ghostwriter, or at least one like Makonnen with such a poor track record.

He just has a shitty time finding new artists (almost every artist does their first go around TBH) and is trying to put on #TheSix at the same time which is full of a ton of mediocre MCs. And he tends to go for Drake/Future wannabes too, instead of someone just because they're dope.

No Gaf-hop fuckery?

Because I sincerely believe Tupac Shakur to be the most overrated rapper of all time and if you hold him in high regard, you likely have father(less) issues.

Not kidding in the slightest.

IrishNinja

esh you forgot snitches/stitches/bitches/sometimes wishes
also essence/adolescence/convalescence to a lesser extent

2pac is overrated nonetheless

No Gaf-hop fuckery?

Because I sincerely believe Tupac Shakur to be the most overrated rapper of all time and if you hold him in high regard, you likely have father(less) issues.

Not kidding in the slightest.

pacspit.gif

Pretty much this, except swap Pac with Biggie.

man you never break kayfabe huh enzoes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It takes Amber Rose's dumb ass for some of y'all to get that La Flame was the biggest influence on Yeezus?

There is no hope. The quest for La Flame continues tho. Straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom