• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

It's pretty good if you mute it
xD2pYOz.png

I think you mean welvin the destroyer or whatver his name was in that bad blood video
Such an unfortunate name

The internet gon explode when they see him eating that girl's ass like groceries tho. Tumblr alignments thrown in disarray, think pieces unleashed, diet racism on GAF like, "I just think his music is too...black, if you know what I mean"

Vorheez

Y'all motherfuckers are ridiculous

I would only give a reasonable amount of stuff to bang Swift, come on, I'm not completely void of dignity

IrishNinja

has an xbone, stans rihanna & swift...only courage TM

also thanks for that bjork set peter

jesus christ
my fellow CAC's finally came around to ass last year or two, and now we regress like this?

T. Swift is pretty hot.

nah fam
she's cute in that nobody else on this floor at work looks fuckable and you might not get HR involved so what's good type way

T Swift looks like all she does is missionary. No thanks.

Only the ivoryist of Yakub offspring would rather bang Taylor Swift than Katy Perry.
Rokd9Nh.gif

my ass is a few shades just north of translucent and i still can't believe this shit
its like watching Mad Men and being like nah, christina hendricks is whatever but what's good with peggy

Fintan

Hey, I'm trying to remember a song I heard once. It's really long. I think it's about having a party, it's like comedic. It has a bit where someone says something like "If you're playing this on the radio, fade out here." And then the song continues for like another three minutes. Anyone know the song I'm talking about?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Taylor is like... you're friend's little sister cute.

She doesn't have a single ounce of sexiness though.

HiResDes

you can't seriously be dapping this Chief Keef biter. This shit sounds like Love Sosa...

Not feeling the new track as much, but White Iverson and Too Young are fire. Also I fuck with about a third of Finally Rich pretty heavy.

Anyway, really feeling this west coast dude:

...Chill downtempo west-coast album

Also after reading all of the negative views about the new Camp Lo I've been pleasantly surprised, definitely recommend checking it out.

Edit: It goes downhill fast, abandon ship.

Artist: ChocQuibTown
Colombian reggaeton group ChocQuibTown dropped their newest album today titled El Mismo (Translated as The Same) and I have to say that it is great. El Mismo is the group's fifth album to date and it brings the flavor and energy that the group is known for. The titled track is set to an upbeat Latin instrumental and the three of them do a decent job on terms of flow and energy. It's relatively ok as it gives you an understanding of their style, but the proceeding tracks after the original version of "Cuando Te Veo" are the noteworthy pieces in this album. This LP has a varied range in terms of tone and sound. You have tracks like "El Mismo" and "Una Raza Llamada Sabor" that are the more upbeat salsa type songs while you also have the placid tracks like "Cuando Te Veo" and "Nuqui". "Salsa & Choque ft. Ñejo" is my personal favorite of the dance tracks. It had a hoe busting out some salsa by her lonesome.

I have to also point out that the production is exceptional on this album. Slow Miguel did a superb job on constructing this. The tunes are fine salsa and reggaeton beats. The guitars and xylophones featured throughout are my favorite instruments. The saxaphone on "Nuqui" was also a nice touch to add to the serenity the song evokes.

As far as the rapping goes, I feel that it is done rather well. Carlos has the best flow out of the group, Gloria's rhymes are a nice blend from her vocals, and Miguel has the best energy. I cannot comment on their lyrics as they rhyme in Spanish and not being well versed in it. I know Spanish well enough, but enough to dissect it from music, especially something as fast moving as rap. If I could find lyrics for this album I'll dissect them then.

This album also features four renditions of their leading single "Cuando Te Veo". All of them are pretty good and apply a different genre to each version. A couple of the mixes actually sound better than the original. I have to say I probably like the Pop version the most. I'm not sure why Cuando Te Veo" was the choice for the leading single. It's too safe. I feel that "Salsa & Chocque" would've been better and would have done better. It has the hot dance vibe to it which I feel would be popular in the clubs and bars It should definitely be the next one.
Overall, this album is fantastic and I have to say their best album to date. El Mismo is a recommend of the highest caliber.

9/10

Notable Tracks: Salsa & Chocque ft. Nejo, Una Raza Llamada Sabor, & Nuqui (Te Quiero Para Mi)

Artist: all city
MC Melodee promoted her track on this album this morning and since I dug what I heard I gave it a listen. Onra is an Irish hip-hop producer and today he brings his feature heavy project Fundamentals today. Immediately I feel a click with the album. Onra's trance inducing beat on the intro pulled me in and the proceeding tracks never let me go. Chuck Inglish is the first rapper to appear on this. His flow is pretty good on this track, not perfect, but the only qualms I had is that it's a bit hard to understand him sometimes so I couldn't actually judge the lyrics. He definitely needs to work on his enunciation. The other featured rappers are within the same skill level, some are better than others;MC Melodee, Black Milk, and Daz Dillinger specifically.

The range of rappers featured provide different sounds to encompass the production on the project. To specifically talk about the production I find it above the standard. His choice of beats are in the style of boom bap, r&b, and electronic. This means that nearly the entire album has a tranquil vibe to it. He also seems to tailor a couple of tracks to the emcee. "Love Tip" sounds like something from Cookin Soul or off of Melodia's Electronic Love album and "That's Me" sounds like something that Black Milk produced himself. That's the note of a skilled artist that knows what type of beats fit with his emcee.

The vocalists on this album could be a bit better. Most of them sound like lounge singers, well Suzi doesn't. She sounds more like those modern female R&B singers that I don't like. KC is a little better, but not by much. I won't bother looking up any albums from him if he has any. To be conclusive here, this is a great album with some fantastic production and some skilled emcees on it. I'd recommend it.

8/10

Recommended Tracks: Love Tip feat. MC Melodee, That's Me feat. Black Milk, & Money

Artists: Pumpkin & Vin'S da Cuero
Pumpkin releases her followup collaboration album with producer Vin'S da Cuero on Peinture Fraiche. I listened to Le Beau Temps last year and thought it was ok, but this one is definitely better. Vin'S does a good job on the production on this album. His sound is a blend of 90's style beats with a bit of techno. 20syl also has a featured track on here and while it's good I feel that he should've mixed it up a little bit. The beginning part of it sounds too much like something from Motif. The entirety of this album with the exception of "FIFTY FIFTY" evokes a relaxed tone. I could get lost in it while scribbling away in my drawing pad.

Like with El Mismo I can't judge most of this on a lyrical level as it's in a language that's foreign to me, but it's even worse in this case as I've only had two years of French classes in my lifetime. Pumpkin however is crafty young woman who has a love for the genre and displays mad skills when it comes to flow. I don't know what the hell she is saying, but it sounds good and her accent doesn't overbear on the works. The featured emcees on here are all great. Unlike Fundamentals, I think I might look into Mr. J Medeiros. She brings back Boog Brown and Rita J from Le Beau Temps and both sisters hold it down on these tracks as does Dynasty on "MOUVEMENT".

This album is an all around good package an has me looking forward to hearing more from her. Shoutouts to the Illest Blog for introducing me to her in the first place.

8/10

Recommended Tracks: FIFTY FIFTY feat. 20syl, BYE BYE MADELEINE feat. Mr. J Medeiros, & LA MER À BOIRE (A CAT CALLED FRITZ REMIX) feat. Jay Prince

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Taylor Swift looks like that girl you don't notice at first and then you go on a dry spell and start thinking "hmmm she's not too bad actually" and then you have disappointing sex with her and have to figure out how to break shit off without causing too much drama.

I may have overthunk that.

Anyways, anybody know if Blackace is still making his mixes?

Macca

Taylor Swift looks like that girl you don't notice at first and then you go on a dry spell and start thinking "hmmm she's not too bad actually" and then you have disappointing sex with her and have to figure out how to break shit off without causing too much drama.

Anyways, anybody know if Blackace is still making his mixes?
He is. Latest I've heard from him http://acemixes.com/Mixes/GWmix.mp3 was a couple weeks ago. Did you see his KRIT mix?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Nah that's about right. She's the antithesis of having a dry spell at a Christian summer camp and you just can't do another game of mahjong.

Anyone else boarding The Witcher 3 train tomorrow? I'm working on a playlist right now. Basically I've got it down to having "I've Got 5 On It" on loop the entire time.

Nibel

Played some of it yesterday; it runs on medium on my old-ass computer with like 30-40 FPS and is absolutely playable, but damn the sounds my computer makes are off-putting and I'm scared that it'll explode
KuGsj.gif

Nibel

Didn't you know Irish, today every person is amazing, hilarious, incredibly hot, attractive, a king or queen, brilliant, a genius etc

Words don't mean anything anymore

Can't even decide on a favourite track on Yen Lo. It's like it changes every time I give it another spin. Looking at 2015 releases so far and the upcoming stuff this might very well end up on top of my AOTY list. TPAB has (a few) higher highs but Yen Lo is leaner and consistently great. Listening to Day 13 right now and this has me feeling all kinda ways. :phew:

MoodyFog

Can't even decide on a favourite track on Yen Lo. It's like it changes every time I give it another spin. Looking at 2015 releases so far and the upcoming stuff this might very well end up on top of my AOTY list. TPAB has (a few) higher highs but Yen Lo is leaner and consistently great. Listening to Day 13 right now and this has me feeling all kinda ways. :phew:

It's on top of mine for sure at the moment, Billy Woods being second

Nah that's about right. She's the antithesis of having a dry spell at a Christian summer camp and you just can't do another game of mahjong.

Anyone else boarding The Witcher 3 train tomorrow? I'm working on a playlist right now. Basically I've got it down to having "I've Got 5 On It" on loop the entire time.

played many hours of it already..barely scratched the surface. love it.

overcast

Won't be able to play Witcher 3 until this Friday night or Saturday. Even then I should beat another game before then, so it's gonna wait a bit sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom