• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

I always take the 'i'm going to do x to get in the right mood for this album' stuff as tongue in cheek.

you shouldn't

if i for one say ima drop quaaludes, read some dostoyevsky & realign my chakras with a fat dominican broad right before fuckin with this yen lo shit that's what the fuck i does fam

Still waiting for that new Ka to drop on Spotify.. :/

go read Notes from the Underground yo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gunplay's peak for me was easily Cartoons and Cereal. Bible on the Dash is a great track too.

His verse on Ghetto Symphony too.
If Gunplay only put out Cartoons & Cereal and Ghetto Symphony

Would he be the next Jay Electronica?

philosoraptor.jpg

Fjordson

Can't stop listening to White Iverson...

Is there a collection of Post Malone songs anywhere? Seems like he has 5-6 I haven't seen.

Cheddahz

Banned
Don't do drugs.

Don't try to fight a loser like Rocky outside his show and get arrested.

Don't kick everyone that is better than you out of RK after a little bit of shine.

He was never really cool to begin with.

don't also start beef with a 11 year old rapper

Listen, what you pitchin son, got em sick and dumb
Cease all them jewels in your teeth if you ain't spittin none
I carve a lane do it for the starvin brain- mind stellar
My wine cellar put your bars to shame

Way we seem to cope with this demon approaching us
Is like a cobra hiss....greet him tumultuous
Slamming in the hammer, standing with loaded clips
Stash box if the task cops probe the whips
Pound of white don't sound polite, call it lotus fist
Bring heat home if street known that's where you holding bricks
Played the field so came to build told em this
In the glum night son might get his soul eclipsed

Leaders deleted, streets left beleaguered for revolution
A deep breath when eager makes for better shootin
Had to peace shout, had to whisper a war
On a fight course till life force drip on the floor
My work per diem....is herculean
To stay right in the daylight search the P.M.
Regardless of your armor, when karma come it's a harsh visit
Amending me from archenemy to archbishop

xcvxcv.gif

HiResDes

Don't do drugs.

Don't kick everyone that is better than you out of RK after a little bit of shine.

This is spot on, he really is and was a great producer though. Might fire up NASA remastered for old times sake

Barter 6 is fine guys, not mind blowing, but definitely not bad by any stretch of the imagination...Anyway, I loaded up Dragon Age just to beat it and found the last fight to be too easy, grinded too long, and wasted too long amassing items in anticipation for what turned out to be a braindead boss fight. Fuck that game, so glad to be done with it forever, not even gonna bother replaying a different character type.
I was saying this and no one was listening. You brought this on yourselves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - Ka & Preservation's Days With Dr. Yen Lo

This shit is spiritual brehs. I thought The Nights Gambit was good but it was kind of drowning in itself, if that makes sense. I might just be talking about the production but this is kind of punctual, super atmospheric and unpredictable in a sense. You can feel the tension in the beats, and despite Ka not really bringing much variety in his delivery (one of my few complaints, I really don't think it would hurt if he was a bit more varied even within the mood he's trying to go for), the production kind of beckons for you to anticipate his next line, resulting in some really interesting songwriting IMO. Constantly giving you a nostalgic 80s/90s cop show vibe (someone else used this analogy here and they were 100% on point), taking you through all the different emotions you might feel in a show from the lulls to the chase all within a single song.

It kind of accomplishes something that turns me off to a lot of good projects, which is constantly surprising me on where the album goes next. Seems like there is a lot of stuff used sparingly, consistently, which really helps with cohesion IMO. Stuff like the sampled conversations, background/doubled vocals, longer breaks between vocals etc. The lyrics are also in all the right ways, concentrated efforts at creating imagery and inserting punchlines to keep you in the mix and break up the monotony as much as they can. I've yet to kind of piece the story together but each song is vivid enough for me to want to dig deeper, and I think that separates it from other dense projects in recent memory.

Listened to this with my full attention while painting. Standouts are probably Day 3, Day 1125, Day 13 & Day 22.. Probably my frontrunner for AotY, and it sets quite a precedent.

tl;dr:

iba12dWzxtOfoU.gif

Nibel

Your images broke like your favorite rappers brehs

A$AP Rocky - LSD video. New song. This is kind of cheesy. The hell is this album going to sound like.

Jay Z - Stream Of Consciousness Freestyle video from the B-Sides concert. Dat Lil B influence.

Another bad Rocky song, who would have thought; 0/4? The thing is I feel that this will do very well commercially.

Jay L still trying to play the underdog brehs; back to the drawing board, save that snark breh

Remark

Banned
Don't do drugs.

Litterally if Purrp didnt start twitter beefs and stayed in the studio he would still be good. Dude is still a great producer.

Remark

Banned
Asap is done. Whole click done. Want nothing from that camp. Shit tunes.
Imma wait for the album but this may be the one that may do Rocky in. This shit just doesnt sound good...at all.

Rocky needed Yams, without him dude is so directionless.
Madlib announced that he's producing an entire album with a new rapper.

Rumors say that the rapper is Earl Sweatshirt.
I hope it is. Earl just dropped AOTY. This would cement him as a legend.

Detox

Let's be honest Jay is the underdog compared to the people he is competing with. He hasn't gone far enough on the artists side to make the marketing work when you look at the cut.

The other problem is he is an easy target as a rapper. If it was some music darling doing this the media would be dickriding tidal.

pronk420

wow this rocky stuff is trash. i hope that dangermoose one was just the intro and the actual song has hot raps and stuff.

shaping up like barter 6 will be the only good rap LP this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom