• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I was just thinking of plug, but the witcher 3 brehs
Game is dope so far but the load times are ruff on PS4. I'm hesitant to fight anything above my level because if I get owned I'm staring at the screen for like a minute. Having a blast otherwise, though.

Other small issue because I'm lame and afraid of insects is that CDPR just couldn't help themselves from putting a few giant ass bugs in here. It's like an unspoken requirement or something for every fuckin fantasy video game to have giant spiders and shit in it.

Drake ft Beyonce & Sal Houndi Can I
I think this is the first single off Views from the 6 he talked about in a interview before Coachella somehow it got leaked.
This is nice obviously, but this isn't my favourite Drake flow. Especially on the heels of My Side. Sounded really similar on that track. But it's Drizzy, so you know it's good
/stan

edit: also wouldn't be surprised if this is just a demo. Last half of the song is pretty sparse.

Game is dope so far but the load times are ruff on PS4. I'm hesitant to fight anything above my level because if I get owned I'm staring at the screen for like a minute. Having a blast otherwise, though.

Other small issue because I'm lame and afraid of insects is that CDPR just couldn't help themselves from putting a few giant ass bugs in here. It's like an unspoken requirement or something for every fuckin fantasy video game to have giant spiders and shit in it..

This why you're always posting about spiders? lmao

And yeah the load times on PS4 are awful once you get to Velen/No Man's Land. I need to stop procrastinating and build a PC already so I can get on that SSD life.

Other small issue because I'm lame and afraid of insects is that CDPR just couldn't help themselves from putting a few giant ass bugs in here. It's like an unspoken requirement or something for every fuckin fantasy video game to have giant spiders and shit in it.

This is nice obviously, but this isn't my favourite Drake flow. Especially on the heels of My Side. Sounded really similar on that track. But it's Drizzy, so you know it's good
/stan

edit: also wouldn't be surprised if this is just a demo. Last half of the song is pretty sparse.
You don't know loadtimes like launch Bloodborne breh. It ain't shit compared to that.

Fjordson

This why you're always posting about spiders? lmao
Lmfao yess. I can't take it man. An endrega or something comes on screen and I get all nervous
YuBlZbi.png

And I feel you. I need to build a PC also. I actually think the PS4 version looks nice (and has performed fine so far) just the load screens are lengthy.

You don't know loadtimes like launch Bloodborne breh. It ain't shit compared to that.
Yeah, I heard those were rough.

Of course I wouldn't know since it has this in the game:

tdLr9ie.gif

definitely never playing it.

Man, I don't like this new Nitty Scott song at all. When I first saw the shot of half naked dudes with bunny heads, i thought she was promoting someone else's shit, but it ended being hers and the song is no good. I can't find a redeeming factor in it. Beat is basic, flow is basic, then becomes unjulated with that whack auto-tune shit, and nothing lyrical at all. How the fuck is this the first followup to Art of Chill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXNaQUYBqoQ

IrishNinja

...ya'll tried this Yen Lo shit yet?

pretty high-tier lyricism over some dope beats, paints a really great picture if you're into that sort've thing

*edit ah shit son, vinyl

Is that Drake/Beyonce track real? Didn't listen but I remember an article mentioning he did a big track with her for his next album. Sounds like it might be time to shut down access to friends in the studio, breh.

Esch

Banned
Listened to some of Dr. Yen Lo on the way to work.

It's amazing. Review coming too. Brehs, this has such a... I don't know, Wagnerian? Sabbath-esque sense of bombast, it's like nothing i've heard before in a rap album besides If There's a Hell Below.

wow.

Sucks to see Nitty Scott devolve like this but it's expected. Really interesting how restrictive the ground rules for being a successful female rapper seem to be. At least, a successful black female rapper. I'm convinced a white female rapper with the right push could work, with a variety of styles. From a female Cole-esque loser type to a chubby/thick type; all you have to do is trot out a white chick that white chicks can identify with, give her the right production/hooks, and it's a go. Nitty has gotten minor props from the underground but would never be fully accepted IMO; even Jean Grey never really got the respect she deserved. So Nitty has to Nicki her way into the mainstream...but I doubt that will work given how that market works. Nicki owns it, with Iggy owning the poppier tier.

Koozek

WHERE IS IT

Edit: Damn, a bunch of snippets dropped - https://clyp.it/0qf3yf1w

Hmm, I always liked his soft side but somehow the slower stuff (like the first track in that snippet) is getting too samey and bland. The rawer tracks on IYRTITL was the best he sounded in a long time. He worked pretty well on Boi-1da beats, imo. Maybe I'm tired of 40's sound.
Oh nice, Thugga! Welcome our new lord and savior.
Is there any good Kendrick feature? As much as I loved his albums I nearly always find his features wack. Strange.

Fjordson

Is that Drake/Beyonce track real? Didn't listen but I remember an article mentioning he did a big track with her for his next album. Sounds like it might be time to shut down access to friends in the studio, breh.
Yeah, it is. It's good, but I'm pretty sure it's an unfinished demo. Mixing is a little weird and the last two minutes is practically just the beat with no vocals.

WHERE IS IT

Oh man. Drake needs to kick all his brehs out the studio.

Koozek

Okay. Tried to get into that Dr. Yen Lo twice in the last few days after the hype here and couldn't. But now on the third real listen, I get it. The production, whew. I don't like the delivery personally, but it suits the soundscape stilistically.

Fjordson

Hmm, I always liked his soft side but somehow the slower stuff (like the first track in that snippet) is getting too samey and bland. The rawer tracks on IYRTITL was the best he sounded in a long time. He worked pretty well on Boi-1da beats, imo. Maybe I'm tired of 40's sound.
Sounds dope to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Take Care-era leftover that's somehow gotten out.

edit: pretty sure that third track is with Tinashe. I need that.

Koozek

Actually reminds me a lot of the Thank Me Later era. Especially this track (one of the goat Drake tracks) https://youtu.be/oTOMmxbHczM

As I said, I always really loved his mellow stuff. So Far Gone was the soundtrack of my life in '09. But that first snippet track is just dull as hell. The rest is nice, though, except for the Kendrick verse. Are those two different Thugga tracks? If so, in.

Sucks to see Nitty Scott devolve like this but it's expected. Really interesting how restrictive the ground rules for being a successful female rapper seem to be. At least, a successful black female rapper. I'm convinced a white female rapper with the right push could work, with a variety of styles. From a female Cole-esque loser type to a chubby/thick type; all you have to do is trot out a white chick that white chicks can identify with, give her the right production/hooks, and it's a go. Nitty has gotten minor props from the underground but would never be fully accepted IMO; even Jean Grey never really got the respect she deserved. So Nitty has to Nicki her way into the mainstream...but I doubt that will work given how that market works. Nicki owns it, with Iggy owning the poppier tier.

Whoa, it's one track. I think we should hear at least another one or two before we make claims like that.

overcast

WHERE IS IT

Whoa, wtf. Wonder if these are legitimately considered to be on the album. Also puzzled at a potential Kendrick feature. Some of those sounded cool, but who the fuck knows. Hype for VFT6, think it'll be a lot better than If You're Reading This.
Is there any good Kendrick feature? As much as I loved his albums I nearly always find his features wack. Strange.
What the fuck? I agree he is on some poor features, but some of his best verses are on features.
Buried Alive (Drake). The City (The Game). Jealous (Fredo Santana). Blessed (Schoolboy Q). Birds and the Beez (Schoolboy Q).
Motherfucking Nosetalgia (Pusha T). This one is some legendary shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom