• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

XBP

first week sales of 2015

Drake - 495k
Kendrick - 324k
Big Sean - 139k
Rocky - 116k
Wale - 88k
Ludacris - 62k
Boosie - 59k
Tech N9ne - 58k
Joey Badass - 54k
Chris Bown & Tyga - 51k
Tyler, the Creator - 51k
Yelawolf - 51k
Action Bronson 44k
Lupe Fiasco - 39k
Rae Sremmurd - 34k
Kid Ink - 28k
Earl - 27k
Snoop Dogg - 27k
Lil Durk - 24k
Young Thug - 17k

Tech did fairly well considering he's an independent artist.

HiiiLife

Bumping that Dre thread got me wanting to go through my California playlist. Good lord I love the beat on Westside Story.

Ninjas wish My Krazy Life held a candle to The Documentary.

Nibel

Listened to it back when it first leaked, it was good.

Anything else within the last 2 months tho?

Some aight tracks here and there, but nothing really mindblowing tbh
Not saying that 2015 hasn't been good so far, but that most of us are too lazy to go through the thread lol

Listened to it back when it first leaked, it was good.

Anything else within the last 2 months tho?

- Action Bronson- Mr. Wonderful
- Ratking- 700 Fill
- Freddie Gibbs- Pronto EP
- Currensy- Pilot Talk III
- Currensy- Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes EP
- Ikey- Green Card EP
- BONES - Powder
- Young Thug- Barter 6
- Oddisee- The Good Fight
- Snoop Dogg- Bush
- Ka- Days With Dr. Yen Lo
- The Alchemist- Israeli Salad (all instrumentals)
- Denzel Curry- 32 Zel / Planet Shrooms

Sweet Premium
See me I'm chillin' like the maniacal villian that I am
Pull a scam

The oh so casual foreshadowing
TA4oIVO.png
KhRDUk2.png
zvY2ICW.png

That's my GOAT
je0ZmWv.png

Just saw T.I. on the Today Show promoting some reality show about females in the Hip-Hop industry. I find it funny when he said that females shouldn't go off and try to copy the successful ones in the game right now, but looking at what's popular right now, it says otherwise and I also heard from my lil brother that he writes for Iggy, so that ain't a good look.
It was embarassing when those old ladies thought Queen Latifah was the first female rapper and one wanted him to put on a beat to try and rap. By the look on his face he didn't wasn't trying to hear that corny old woman try to rhyme.

I doubt I'll end up watching the show. I just assume the worst from reality television nowadays.

Eos

Travis Scott interview
talkes about:
-the whole nerd thing
-wants next tour to be camera free/people should just experience the show
-rodeo is 94% done
-kanye's helped since day 1 etc
-doesn't understand why people say he doesn't produce his own shit/he's very hands on
-essentials in the studio (aux cable lol)

not much being said despite the length of the interview, pretty boring

injurai

Banned
- Action Bronson- Mr. Wonderful
- Ratking- 700 Fill
- Freddie Gibbs- Pronto EP
- Currensy- Pilot Talk III
- Currensy- Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes EP
- Ikey- Green Card EP
- BONES - Powder
- Young Thug- Barter 6
- Oddisee- The Good Fight
- Snoop Dogg- Bush
- Ka- Days With Dr. Yen Lo
- The Alchemist- Israeli Salad (all instrumentals)
- Denzel Curry- 32 Zel / Planet Shrooms

this is helpful

Linkhero1

I've seen the light. I'm a huge Kanye fan now (I think). I never gave his original albums real list aside from 1 or 2 songs, but man The College Dropout, Graduation and 808s and Heartbreak are amazing. How are his more recent albums?

I've seen the light. I'm a huge Kanye fan now (I think). I never gave his original albums real list aside from 1 or 2 songs, but man The College Dropout, Graduation and 808s and Heartbreak are amazing. How are his more recent albums?

Yeezus is loved and really disliked around here. Personally I really dig the album. WTT is trash imo if you wanna consider that a Kanye album.

MoodyFog

Divisive. You'll have to listen for yourself breh

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

be sure to listen to Late Registration if you haven't already.

overcast

This Denzel Curry is super entrenched in a wavy future like atmosphere (yet also has some socially conscious stuff).

Different than N64 for those that love that. Although that album was socially conscious as well.

really nice of Syphon Filter to drop a couple stacks and help Troy Ave out like that

full

On one hand I want to respect Troy Ave's hustle...but nah. Troy Ave is the living embodiment of NY's Ls. Just a few weeks ago there was a scientific study which showed that poverty disrupts the brains of children from a young age. I would postulate that musical poverty has disrupted the brains of NY rappers as well. The scientific research is quite clear on this subject, brehs.

Much like one could trace the damage abstinence only sex ed school programs or the war on drugs had on communities, we can also trace the damage growing up listening to Dipset and G-Unit had on the musical abilities of young black men.

On one hand I want to respect Troy Ave's hustle...but nah. Troy Ave is the living embodiment of NY's Ls. Just a few weeks ago there was a scientific study which showed that poverty disrupts the brains of children from a young age. I would postulate that musical poverty has disrupted the brains of NY rappers as well. The scientific research is quite clear on this subject, brehs.

Much like one could trace the damage abstinence only sex ed school programs or the war on drugs had on communities, we can also trace the damage growing up listening to Dipset and G-Unit had on the musical abilities of young black men.

NY don't take L's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom