• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
breh check this out
TA.jpg

He's used the exact name before lmaooo, and a similar bite of Jay.
DFNUj78.png
this can't be real

5WoNe0H.gif

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
all this time I thought Doo Doo was an elaborate GAF-Hop ruse

but no, it's totally real

Akua-Naru-Seraphim-Artwork-Square-300x300.jpg

Seraphim
Today jazz-hop rapper Akua Naru dropped her second video for The Miner's Canary with "Seraphim". The song is the fourth track off the artist's third album and it features vocals from singer Fetsum. The song is just as riveting and relaxing as it was when I first listened to it. The combination of the jazz instrumentals, Fetsum's soul centric voice, and Naru's perfectly flowed rhymes makes for a great song for easy listening. As far as the video it lays a visual story of love between Akua and a nameless man or at least that's what I would like for it to be. Actually, the interaction between Akua Naru and the man of interest isn't really conveyed as a story, it's more of them just basically having various interactions without a connection to a plot of any sort or progression. It's not necessarily bad, but it doesn't make it memorable as a music video. On the technical side, the video is well shot, but there are some odd looking lighting in some scenes, in particular around the forty-four second mark. The scenes transition well enough throughout, but overall I feel this was a by the numbers music video. It represented the theme of the song, but didn't do much else to make it stand out. This song and the album this stems are fantastic and as I mentioned in my Best of Quarter 1 of 2015 thread, it's tied with Cold Winter as my second favorite album of the year so far, so I'd recommend anyone unfamiliar to check out The Miner's Canary.

5/10

T Dollarz

Cant believe I'm not seeing any posts on this czarface. Fucking fire!!! Can't believe it matches the first one, if not better. Amazing production and great features (except gza.. Lmao)

Maybe a top project this year..

XBP

Mayday just announced their tour dates and for once an artist I'm a fan of is coming to my city. Cannot wait to watch them live.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wale may be trash, but people are still buying his records. 88,000 people broke out their Paypals and bought a Wale album. We were calling 40k for Bronson pretty damn good and Wale the Trashman did 2x that number.

Numbers game stays a losing battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wale may be trash, but people are still buying his records. 88,000 people broke out their Paypals and bought a Wale album. We were calling 40k for Bronson pretty damn good and Wale the Trashman did 2x that number.

Numbers game stays a losing battle.
Wale always does really well, perks of having such a huge female fanbase. Few artists recover from the shit Wale went through getting dropped and shit too. Dude gets clowned but always gets the last laugh.

Or maybe not because he's always tight about something or another.

WanderingWind

I feel like in a world where a guy sells 30 copies of a record in a week, we have to adjust Ls due to inflation. I mean, when a guy can't even get his "crew" to buy a copy of his album and he's running around calling himself "major" and the "new NYC" that's some historical shit right there. The L market is bullish right now and can't support mediocre investments like Wale moving units.

WanderingWind

I'm still waiting on somebody to drop that Firefly-inspired mixtape. Maybe a Better Off Ted album. Wale broke the ground, but nobody is building on it. What the fuck, entire rap industry?

It happened again

iY2IKH1.gif

Dude is still waaay too human tbh, hope he will manage the evolution to robot

Can't y'all see that he's fake, the male version of Drake
Ranting on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb off the big amount that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom