• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Kinda weird it's a kickstarter. Probably gonna get a ton of money though.

The pressers today were a little underwhelming. I just want Fallout 4. I was hoping Mafia 3 would show up somewhere, but it's still just rumors.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Irish has been working at GT this whole time smh

aAMn22R.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I am excited for FFVII but it's so tentative. SE hasn't exactly been known for quality recently. We all know they won't be happy to just make it in HD and all it a day. They're going to add stuff and subtract stuff. I wonder what they're going to do.

We're in for a long, long, long wait though. The absolute soonest we'll see this is 3 years, but considering it's SE, it's more likely going to be 5 years from now.

I am excited for FFVII but it's so tentative. SE hasn't exactly been known for quality recently. We all know they won't be happy to just make it in HD and all it a day. They're going to add stuff and subtract stuff. I wonder what they're going to do.

We're in for a long, long, long wait though. The absolute soonest we'll see this is 3 years, but considering it's SE, it's more likely going to be 5 years from now.

I'm sure the aim is 2017 for the 20th anniversary by any means necessary. January (original Japan release) to September (US) gives them a fair bit of wiggle room too. And rumour is it's (partially?) outsourced which is probably for the best.

Fjordson

Totally agree. I grew up as a FF fanboy, but FF has become a joke franchise. 13 trilogy was absolute trash so I wouldn't even be shocked if they found a way to fuck up the remake.

VII ain't even in my top 3 of the series, so I'm not like blown away by the announcement, but I'm certainly excited if they can not ruin it. I've only beaten VII twice and the last time was probably 15 years ago at least.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm sure the aim is 2017 for the 20th anniversary by any means necessary. January (original Japan release) to September (US) gives them a fair bit of wiggle room too. And rumour is it's (partially?) outsourced which is probably for the best.

Eh. It's SE. They have never in their entire existence hit a deadline. Hell, they still have XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. I'd love for this to come out in 2017, but it would take a minor miracle for that to happen.

Totally agree. I grew up as a FF fanboy, but FF has become a joke franchise. 13 trilogy was absolute trash so I wouldn't even be shocked if they found a way to fuck up the remake.

VII ain't even in my top 3 of the series, so I'm not like blown away by the announcement, but I'm certainly excited if they can not ruin it. I've only beaten VII twice and the last time was probably 15 years ago at least.

I love FFVII for its magi-punk world and the music. The story is straight nonsense and it'll always be second best to me. When they announce a FFVI-2, I will officially lose my shit.

Dereck

Vince Staples tracklist with features

1. ramona park legend pt. 1
2. lift me up
3. norf norf
4. birds & bees (feat. daley)
5. loca
6. lemme know (feat. jhene aiko & dj dahi)
7. dopeman (feat. joey fatts & kilo kish)
8. jump off the roof (feat. snoh aalegra)
9. senorita
10. summer time

1. romano park legend pt. 2
2. 3230
3. surf (feat. kilo kish)
4. might be wrong (feat. haneef talib & eeeeeeee)
5. get paid (feat. desi mo)
6. street punks
7. hang n bang (feat. aston matthews)
8. c.n.b.
9. like it is
10. 06

Horizon, Uncharted 4, and Star Wars Battlefront blew me away so this E3. Cool to see Last Guardian and FF7 remake make a appearance. But damn Shenumme 3 never thought I'd see that.

injurai

Banned
We'd been hearing about a potential Shenmue 3 kickstarter for a while now. FF7 HD Remake was the real leftfield surprise. Hell I was even expecting to see TLG for PS4 one of these days. Fumito Ueda even openly has talked about still contracting with them over the years. Which was always consistent with Sony's PR saying it's still being worked on. Is the world ready for HD Drag Cloud?

New IP-wise. Horizon has me piqued. Red Heads + Metal Gear Rex = Bliss.

Also those 20th Anniversary controllers... hnnng. Gotta cop me one of them.

Battlefront and Ghost recon the only memorable things of the entire shit so far. People dead ass hyped about a remake of a almost 10 year old game and wack anime shit. Shameful.

Vince Staples tracklist with features

1. ramona park legend pt. 1
2. lift me up
3. norf norf
4. birds & bees (feat. daley)
5. loca
6. lemme know (feat. jhene aiko & dj dahi)
7. dopeman (feat. joey fatts & kilo kish)
8. jump off the roof (feat. snoh aalegra)
9. senorita
10. summer time

1. romano park legend pt. 2
2. 3230
3. surf (feat. kilo kish)
4. might be wrong (feat. haneef talib & eeeeeeee)
5. get paid (feat. desi mo)
6. street punks
7. hang n bang (feat. aston matthews)
8. c.n.b.
9. like it is
10. 06

No Earl? No Q or Kendrick? No Gibbs? Eh....

Ninja Dom

Does GAF-Hop play Nintendo? Anybody hyped for some of the new Nintendo games?

Devil's Third is an insta-buy for me. And Super Mario Maker, cos Mario's my guy.

Battlefront and Ghost recon the only memorable things of the entire shit so far. People dead ass hyped about a remake of a almost 10 year old game and wack anime shit. Shameful.

As you hype Battlefield: Star Wars and Ubisoft Presents: Ubisoft The Game. Yah ok.

And I'm looking forward to Battlefront and GR as well, but c'mon

Ether laden article on Troy Ave....
Regardless of the final numbers, though, MWAD is a certified flop. Even by indie standards, it doesn’t stack up to the other rap releases from artists at similar points this year. Fellow XXL Freshmen alum Dizzy Wright moved 8,575 of The Growing Process in his first week. Joey Bada$$ sold a whopping 53,990 copies of his debut, tapping into the same NYC Golden Era nostalgia that Ave covets. Last week, in the midst of Troy mania, LA rapper Dom Kennedy moved 9,117 copies (20,678 with streams) in a debut. Only Bada$$ received the kind of exposure Ave has and his numbers are 10x bigger. By any conceivable measure, Troy Ave fell far short of the lofty expectations manufactured by his falsified prestige, self-inflation, and opportunism.
What the Failure of Troy Ave Tells Us About The Industry of Hip Hop

Fjordson

:lol yeah Battlefront looks pretty fun. I'm excited for that and Fallout.

Sony's presser was disappointing for me personally. Not that I don't get why other people went crazy for it, but I'm not really a Shenmue guy, Uncharted always puts me to sleep and I've never been clamoring for a FF7 remake. Last Guardian actually showing up was cool, but I'm still not even sure what the game is there. What they did show looked a little dull.

Esch

Banned
TLG not showing off a different area from the first showings was a bit of a mistake. Still looks cool to me but i don't hate Team ICO or kid protagonists.

also it looks like a ported PS3 game but that wasnt a surprise

Overall though the show kinda confirmed how i felt about Fallout 4 looks wise: it's going to be dated on release and lapped by the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom